Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 am

I always wished, and I get the reasons for not doing the shows this way, that they would've treated the brand split more like sports. The NFL has the AFC and NFC. They should've had just one World Title, one Tag Title etc. Then if say Raw has the tag titles, you could have championship matches between teams on Raw, while the teams on Smackdown vie all month for the right to challenge the Raw team at the next PPV. That would keep the PPVs much more most-see because you're not watching a matchup you've seen in various forms the last four weeks, and it also makes each TV show more must-see because if someone from Raw is going to take those titles from another Raw team, it's going to be on Monday night. It also keeps the shows fresh because some months the IC belt will be on Smackdown, while other months it would be on Raw. I wish they would've done that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Here's my Solution
Monday Night Raw/Smackdown

1st 90 Minutes Raw
2nd 90 Minutes Smackdown
Get Rid of one Tag Team Title (Smackdown) Belt

Have these (8 belts) titles compete in these combined shows on WWE Monday Night

WWE World Championship (Universal Gone)
WWE Intercontinental Championship
WWE United States Championship
WWE Television Championship
WWE Tag Team Championship
WWE United States Tag Team Championship

Replacement for Smackdown - Move to Thursday Night (Not Tuesday)
Women / NXT

WWE Diva Division - 5 Belts and NXT has 4 Belts - 9 altogether
3 Hours - 2 hours for Women and 1 hour for NXT

WWE Women's Championship
WWE Diva Championship (Women version of the IC Belt)
WWE American Championship (Women version of then US Belt)
WWE Women Tag Team Championship
NXT Championship
NXT Women's Championship
NXT Tag Team Championship

Get rid of the NXT United Kingdom Championship
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 am

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:15 am

TNA starting to be interesting again ... James Mitchell is back and managing Abyss and going after Kongo Kong in a Monster Ball ... that's next Thursday.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm

No words can really do this justice. People are either going to love it or hate. At first I was let down compared to TNA, but I watched it a second time and enjoyed it, and realized this was probably only the beginning. Hopefully.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:No words can really do this justice. People are either going to love it or hate. At first I was let down compared to TNA, but I watched it a second time and enjoyed it, and realized this was probably only the beginning. Hopefully.

I watched the match and this clip earlier today and I say this ... that Matt Hardy is playing mind games with Bray Wyatt and it was an entertaining match and done with an TNA twist of things and I really was shocked to see it at first in the closing minutes of RAW.

I watched it again ... with the clip that you've provided and it was feud that we are looking for. I think it is the feud that will make Bray will eventually be a major headache for him and I've loved the idea that Matt is doing here. I enjoyed it very much.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:35 am

I think this year Wrestlemania will be the worst of all time. I'm not very excited about it and not even watching it. It will disappoints a lot of fans here.

WWE is getting weaker by the year ... NXT just added EC3 from TNA/Impact Wrestling ...

TNA/IMPACT and LUCHA UNDERGROUND may form forces together and ... what may come out of it ... I don't know it is true or not.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 am

Doctor Fate wrote:TNA starting to be interesting again ... James Mitchell is back and managing Abyss and going after Kongo Kong in a Monster Ball ... that's next Thursday.

I actually watched this. lol. It wasn't bad but the rest of the show could have been better. The EC3 thing went a little long for me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:20 pm

I've tried watching Impact here and there but never see anything or anyone interesting. ROH and NJPW have been more interesting. The last NJPW show they had live last Sunday was really good. Looking forward to seeing what happens between Cody and Kenny Omega. That match, or Ciampa/Gargano will probably be better than anything we see at WM. Still looing forward to WM, though. Asuka/Charlotte and AJ/Shinsuke should steal the show. Reigns winning seems like a foregone conclusion, and that's a downer. I think UT/Cena has a chance to surprise. And hell, it's on Rusev Day, so there's that.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:40 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I've tried watching Impact here and there but never see anything or anyone interesting. ROH and NJPW have been more interesting. The last NJPW show they had live last Sunday was really good. Looking forward to seeing what happens between Cody and Kenny Omega. That match, or Ciampa/Gargano will probably be better than anything we see at WM. Still looing forward to WM, though. Asuka/Charlotte and AJ/Shinsuke should steal the show. Reigns winning seems like a foregone conclusion, and that's a downer. I think UT/Cena has a chance to surprise. And hell, it's on Rusev Day, so there's that.

I'm thinking a little bit differently ... Asuka/Charlotte match should be good and AJ/Shinsuke should be better ... but I'm not a fan of Shinsuke yet. I'm getting tired of Reigns and the mixed tag match of Angle/RR and Stephanie/Triple H should not take place and I just don't care for it at all. UT/Cena will be a surprise and I just can't see that happening.

Impact last Thursday was bad to the bone ...

ROH is looking good and I haven't seen any of the NJPW stuff ...

That's pretty sums up my expectations.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc