Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm

It's pretty astounding how badly they handled Bayley's callup. She really could be over like a female Daniel Bryan-type underdog but she's been booked so poorly for almost two years now. Maybe they'll start to get it right starting with a Sasha feud, but I feel like she'll continue to get lost In the shuffle of the women's divisions.

Though Bayley with a painted face and a kendo stick up in the rafters would be...interesting? They should ditch 205 Jive and have an hour long women's show. Between the two main rosters they have more than enough women. Logistics wise it could be an issue since they aren't in the same city most weeks, but even if they went to like a Tuesday Night Titan's style show, it would give the division more room to breath, get more of the women regularly in the ring, and give storylines more room to breath. I've yet to watch 205 because I don't care for just straight up snoozerweight matches, but I'd more likely tune into a women's show.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 pm

I don't care for the 205 show and I would welcome an all women show featuring the top 15-20 female wrestlers and go from there. It would be so cool.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Another great thing about a women's show is we could actually see more singles matches instead of the 'let's throw 6 random women into a random tag match just to get them on TV/PPV" match which is usually awful.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Another great thing about a women's show is we could actually see more singles matches instead of the 'let's throw 6 random women into a random tag match just to get them on TV/PPV" match which is usually awful.

I've rather have a bunch of good singles matches than a random tag match that they do so horribly; personally they should take all the women together and forum a single one hour show and have two belts - One for the WWE Women Championship and another would be a WWE Women Television Championship of that winner will tackle the WWE Women Champion every so often. It's may not work ... but a start ...

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm

I would love an all-women's show, but they can't do it like 205 Live. So much of the issue with that show is that it's filmed after Smackdown, when half the audience has left and the other half is exhausted. I did a taping of that back in December, and it's hard to keep your energy up for that long.

Also, it's really got to be treated as an equal show to the men's show or it's gonna look like they're disregarding the women.

So I don't know, if that Fox deal goes through they'll probably end up with 2-hour Raws and maybe they'll have better segments for the women. There's probably gonna be more pressure from Fox for providing strong ratings, and they're gonna want to make a big splash anyway. Maybe they'll develop some strong direction when they're up against an actual challenge.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am

secondwhiteline wrote:
So I don't know, if that Fox deal goes through they'll probably end up with 2-hour Raws and maybe they'll have better segments for the women. There's probably gonna be more pressure from Fox for providing strong ratings, and they're gonna want to make a big splash anyway. Maybe they'll develop some strong direction when they're up against an actual challenge.

I hope you are right on this one and I would like to see a new direction from WWE.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 am

And there we have it...

Honestly, since I know there's no chance AJ/Shinsuke closes the show, I have no problem with this being the last match.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 am

Charlotte Flair vs Asuka

I know that Asuka has an unbeaten streak going and if she beats Flair in Wrestlemania that would put her on the spotlight and I have beef with her hair ... she's need to tone down her appearance and I'm glad that you posted that picture of Ric Flair and the Great Muta. I know many fans associated her with that pink hairdo with streaks of black that's a no-no in my book if she became Champion defeating Flair. I'm not happy with that and that's her first chance ... she needs to lose to Flair first and then defeat her in a rematch that's would be acceptable if she change her appearance similar to the Great Muta.

I would love to see that. I can see Flair and Asuka exchanging belts for 2-3 times over the course of 3-4 years and that's would help Flair being the dominant female wrestler ... but Asuka being too short and has a very high fan acceptance here and that's might propel her to greater heights ... but I've think she needs to change something and I think her hair has to go and needs a better outfit. I'm not trying to be picky ... but her winning the belt at Wrestlemania 34 would be something to see but it's could backfire on WWE and I'm concerned about that.

Personally, I don't know what will happen and I've think WWE should not screw the outcome of both careers of these great female wrestlers. I like Asuka and she brings a lot to the table ... but her outfit and hair is not becoming to be a champion like Flair.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

Dude, the crowd did the Yes chant for her coming out and challenging Charlotte. She's crazy over. I think she'll be fine.

And no way they're ending her streak before the Ronda match.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:34 am

Were they chanting 'yes!' for Asuka or for the matchup?

But what's gonna happen when Carmella pins Asuka? <ducks>
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc