Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 am

Hah, see, you're lucky we got history.

(And probably for the matchup, because it's a total dream match, but Asuka's still crazy over. So is Charlotte. It's a similar reaction to Shinsuke challenging AJ.)

I have no idea what they're gonna do with Carmella's MITB and I'm not sure they do, either. Personally, I'd love it if they teased her cashing in on both Nia and Asuka after their wins and then chickening out. Carmella's awesome at being out of her league, I mean that sincerely. Her scream-and-flee when Asuka entered the women's Rumble was amazing.

But that still leaves the question of what to actually do with that case. Cornette suggested a MITB scenario where a face gets sick of the heel holding the case over his head, and appeals to an authority figure to force them to make the title match where the heel can get theirs. A variation of that would actually work here. Say Carmella keeps trying to cash in, but every time she thinks Asuka's softened up enough after a match, she realizes, oh crap, Asuka's back up, RUN. And then the deadline comes, and she's forced to cash it in with advance notice at a Smackdown PPV. So she's stuck in a nightmare scenario but puts up her best fight, and even though she loses, she earns some respect. For a comedy heel verging on face, that's probably the best scenario.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 am

That's actually a pretty good way to play it out. I could see Asuka and Charlotte just destroying each other to the point where an exhausted Asuka scores the pin. Then Carmella tries to sneak in and pin Asuka only to have it reversed into an Asuka Lock for a quick submission. I like you're scenario much better, but mine seems much more WWE-ish, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am

That's a very WWE way to play it out, hah. I actually kind of assume that will happen, because really the money's in Asuka, but I don't want to destroy Carmella. She's really nice! (She signed tons of autographs after an NXT house show I went to. Really sweet person.)
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:00 am

I'm assuming my poor Alexa loses to Nia Jax at WM now. I really assumed that would happen, and I kind of wish they did something where Nia asked for a match and Alexa was like, "I know you're great and deserving, but Asuka's in front of you, otherwise I would," and now Alexa would have to try and weasel out of that for the next few weeks.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:12 am

They could actually still try something like that, with Alexa saying that Nia lost to Asuka so she doesn't deserve a shot. I'd love a segment where Alexa tried to weasel out of the match, and Steph was like, "Alexa. I have to face RONDA ROUSEY at WrestleMania. You just won an Elimination Chamber match against five other women. Deal with it."
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 am

On another note, can we get a moratorium on the pointing to the WrestleMania banner?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:21 am

packerbacker180 wrote:That's actually a pretty good way to play it out. I could see Asuka and Charlotte just destroying each other to the point where an exhausted Asuka scores the pin. Then Carmella tries to sneak in and pin Asuka only to have it reversed into an Asuka Lock for a quick submission. I like you're scenario much better, but mine seems much more WWE-ish, lol.

Personally, I think this idea might work but, it's too d**m predictable Packer, and I'm not a fan of Carmellia at all. The Women Division should have their own show and they need a US and/or Intercontinental Title Belt for that division and go from there.

Carmellia has followers - but I just can't see her as Women Champion this year ... maybe next year? ... She reminded me of the Million Dollar Man - Ted DiBiase and I don't like Ted at all.

I've mixed feelings about this ...

Too Bad, that Awesome Kong / Kharma is 40 years old and I would love to see a Nia Jax and her battling it out.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 am

secondwhiteline wrote:That's a very WWE way to play it out, hah. I actually kind of assume that will happen, because really the money's in Asuka, but I don't want to destroy Carmella. She's really nice! (She signed tons of autographs after an NXT house show I went to. Really sweet person.)

Interesting, I've might change my tune about her ... thanks for sharing this.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 am

It may be time for Women's tag titles.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 am

If they end up going to Fox, they'll probably combine the brands again (Raw will probably be on Fox, and Smackdown on Fox Sports 1) and women's tag titles seem like a great fit with a combined roster.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc