Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:21 pm

I have to say, I'm enjoying AEW a little more than I expected. I think they're doing a nice job of mixing in lesser known talent with the more familiar Elite. It looks big compared to NXT. There are some matchups on NXT I'm interested in, but when choosing between the two live it just feels like AEW has something more going. Compare that to Raw and Smackdown last week which had maybe 40 minutes of watchable television out of five hours of programming. The draft was a joke. They put a list on wwe.com early Friday of who was eligible and then the draft went right in that order, lol. Nice work.

The draft rooms were laughably ridiculous.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:10 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I have to say, I'm enjoying AEW a little more than I expected. I think they're doing a nice job of mixing in lesser known talent with the more familiar Elite. It looks big compared to NXT. There are some matchups on NXT I'm interested in, but when choosing between the two live it just feels like AEW has something more going. Compare that to Raw and Smackdown last week which had maybe 40 minutes of watchable television out of five hours of programming. The draft was a joke. They put a list on wwe.com early Friday of who was eligible and then the draft went right in that order, lol. Nice work.

The draft rooms were laughably ridiculous.

I'm now watching professional wrestling on a regular basis on Wednesday with AEW.

5 Hours of WWE verses 2 Hours of AEW ... AEW Rules!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 am

Packerbacker ... I have a dear friend told me that two hours of AEW Dynamite is better than RAW and SMACKDOWN combined and some fans are turning away NXT in favor of AEW.

I've stopped watching Lucha Underground altogether. I do watch Ring of Honor occasionally and I'm kind of turned off by the Villains Faction and if this keeps up ... I'm kissing it goodbye. If AEW starts to falter and doesn't get any more big names ... I'm saying goodbye to Professional Wrestling forever.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby FlókiXHarley Quinn™ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 am

I manly watch ECW, and WWE not NXT can't get NXT here in Australia nor can we get AEW.

Also been watching CHIKARA on YouTube and CZW on YouTube.

other then that I watch Indie stuff or whatever I feel like.
Cheers Floki :)

The Offical sidekick of Harley :hq3grin: :hq2grin:
FlókiXHarley Quinn™
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:22 am

FlókiXHarley Quinn™ wrote:I manly watch ECW, and WWE not NXT can't get NXT here in Australia nor can we get AEW.

i'm a huge ECW fan and I know a little bit of CZW too.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am

I'm really enjoying AEW every week. It's fun, the less scripted feel of promos make it more entertaining. I've even found it harder to watch NXT right after just because the difference in crowd size makes it look odd now. I haven't even watch Raw or Smackdown from this week, and my WWE subscription expired yesterday. Debating whether I will renew it for Survivor Series or just not bother for a few months.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby FlókiXHarley Quinn™ » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 am

Doctor Fate wrote:
FlókiXHarley Quinn™ wrote:I manly watch ECW, and WWE not NXT can't get NXT here in Australia nor can we get AEW.

i'm a huge ECW fan and I know a little bit of CZW too.

Sweet, yeah I started watching the early stuff from 93 is was way before it got extreme but it's still entertaining and wrestlers like Rockin Rebel was really a front man with his attitude. The Public Enemy when they joined were a great tag team along with Bad Breed.

The Headhunter matches from 93 were great, I am nearly up to 94 ECW still got a few more TV Tappings to go and NWA Bloodfest day 2 haven't had time to watch any ECW recently.

I have also recreated a lot of the ECW wrestlers in Fire Pro, some of the early 92, 93 and 94 wrestlers aren't the best but from 95 - where I am up to in 98 are more better.

CZW is also great, deathmatch wrestling is nearly a forgotten style of wrestling with W*ING, FMW, IWA Japan all shutdown the only companies are Big Japan Pro, CZW, and IWA Mid-South / North East.

FlókiXHarley Quinn™
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby FlókiXHarley Quinn™ » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:28 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I'm really enjoying AEW every week. It's fun, the less scripted feel of promos make it more entertaining. I've even found it harder to watch NXT right after just because the difference in crowd size makes it look odd now. I haven't even watch Raw or Smackdown from this week, and my WWE subscription expired yesterday. Debating whether I will renew it for Survivor Series or just not bother for a few months.

We don't get a lot of wrestling here in Australia other then the WWE Raw / Smackdown each week, and that's legit it unless you pay for the network I haven't payed for it due to the god dam overdubbing, at first I thought it didn't matter oh they only cut the music out, nope I was wrong Promos get cut out, they blur out phone numbers and anything that's not WWE it's the worst the network.

There is small talks that the NXT could get added into Australia as last week they said it's airing at a time but never aired so maybe if I am lucky I get NXT soon, unsure if AEW will make it here maybe in like 5 years :lol: :lol:

Lucky I have a whole bunch of DVD's so I can just watch an old WWF PPV if I want or an early 2000's PPV, i'm always hunting down wrestling dvd's :P

FlókiXHarley Quinn™
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 am

For me, my favourite era of deathmatches was from W*ING, FMW and IWA back in the day. Probably anywhere between late 80s to about late 90s/early 2000s. Anything early 2000s Big Japan and beyond was too gruesome for me. Yeah, a lot of people tend to forget that ECW also had a lot of just really good wrestling in general. I remember Bad Breed scared the heck out of me when I saw them in Pro-wrestling Illustrated. LOL. I was just a little kid and I wasn't used to seeing anything that bloody.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FlókiXHarley Quinn™ » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 am

I didn't find out much about deathmatch wrestling until Fire Pro, like I knew ECW but never knew much about Japan in wrestling I knew NJPW and AJPW but that was about it!

we don't get a lot of wrestling coverage in Australia, I have been researching heaps into wrestling and it's thanks to Fire Pro.

I do say some CZW is way too gresume and over the top but there is great matches like there early stuff is not even deathmatch it's like early ECW espically there opeaning night which is on YouTube as highlights.

FlókiXHarley Quinn™
Sidekick
Sidekick

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc