Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:34 am

That was a good moment there with James Storm & Gunner there PB :)

Oh JJ fought the Undertaker a few times. In Undertaker got his revenge 94. They also fought in 95 and they were good matches. Jeff Jarrett usual played it like he was afraid and stuff. Here's this great Vignette Promo. I expressed this in My Yo, Do Remember 93 Special. The lovely woman he's with is Wynonna...that's Jacqueline Moore from the WWF from years later. She was in the USWA and was their top woman for a long time. She was going to be his manager for JJ's debut in the WWF but she got injured and that was scrapped. Such a shame cause I would have loved to seen that :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:38 am

That was a great Blassie & Fuji promo there...two of the best managers :)

Here's the next Jeff Jarrett Vignette Promo...poor JJ but oh I love how he was still talking and spelling his name in the elevator...oh that's great :lol: :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 am

So for the moment I'm taking a small rest from the JJ Promos as I just found out the bad sad news that WWF/WWE Legend Virgil passed away :o :( :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Virgil RIP 1.jpg

Virgil RIP 2.jpg

I've known Virgil since his Bodyguard days with the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. I thought he was quite good. My Mom really liked him, My Grandparents would be like oh boy when he'd wrestle later on cause they knew he'd lose. So with that being known I'm going to post some really good moments of Virgil..many that hardly anybody talks about and make this as exciting as possible :)

First here's Virgil and The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase on the Arsenio Hall Show :!:

Here's when The Million Dollar Man debuted his Million Dollar Championship. I chose this because how Virgil stands there and looks very menacing, a guy you don't want to cross :!:

During the great time of 1990, TMD & Virgil challenged Dusty & Dustin Rhodes at the WWF 1991 Royal Rumble which was another great year. This IS THE TIME that Virgil couldn't take it anymore and fought TMD and became a big babyface :!:

OK, now get ready for some great promos :!: This was a great time, this was Virgil's BREAKOUT moment with Roddy Piper...oh man 91 was so fun :)

Here's this great one with Virgil & Hot Rod...their facing MDM & IRS with Sherri a long while before they were Money Inc. :shock:

This is when he won the Million Dollar Championship :!:

This was from the WWF Survivor Series 91 when Virgil was with Bret Hart with his Brother-in-Law Bulldog & cousin Hot Rod :!:

Here's Virgil facing Kato in February, 1992. Remember just recently I showed the little history of Paul Diamond as Kato. This is one of his last matches as the character before he became The Comet Kid Max Moon. Notice how Virgil finished him off with the Million Dollar Dream :)

OK, now from when wrestling was great from the Classic Era to the year of change 1996...I'm taking you to one of the most memorable and downright best episodes of WCW Monday Nitro EVER when the The Attitude Era truly started despite what others say. I talked a lot about this episode many times before. This was the debut of VINCENT aka Virgil as he was the head of nWo Security and he reunited with Ted DiBiase :!:

Here's 2 promos of Vincent, the second one is from 1999, 25 years ago this year :shock: The volume is very low but I wanted to include them anyway :)

He had a return to the WWE in the 2000s with Ted DiBiase Jr. This could have been huge but of course it it wasn't :roll:

So fast forward to 2014, Virgil was a Free DLC Wrestler for the great WWE 2K14 Video Game. He had his entrance theme, look great and was fun to play as and against :)

Years later he had one last run in AEW as Soul Train Jones with The Inner Circle. Shame he didn't get more time then what he did but at least he showed up there a couple times :)

Last here is an interview on Hannibal last year talking about stuff and The Million Dollar Man :)

Virgil RIP 3.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:00 pm

I heard about Virgil's passing when Ted DiBiase was on Busted Open that day talking about it. It didn't sound like Virgil was doing that well for sometime now, though he looked pretty good when he was on Dynamite in 2020. RIP to another Legend.

Not sure if you knew, but you may not have known, but Ole Anderson also passed away on the 26th.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:32 am

Yes, he did look good in AEW and yes, he was in bad health :roll: Oh no, I didn't know about Ole Anderson...I would have posted him too :shock: Ole was a great one...a really good talent and one of the first of the Four Horsemen. May he Rest in Peace as well :(

Here's something you may not know what Ole Anderson did. In the great year of 1990 in WCW, Sting had a new enemy called The Black Scorpion. Who was he :? He was VOICED by Ole Anderson and he was played by various wrestlers too :shock: My Grandpa really liked this character. Here's a promo with Sting and clips of when he "thought" he was fighting The Black Scorpion. This was a great feud with connections of The Horsemen and then there's a promo with the Black Scorpion...listen closely to his voice :blbat:

OK, can you tell that voice is Ole Anderson PB :?: Well here's one more different promo of The Black Scorpion :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:01 pm

I only knew about Ole Anderson passing because I happened to be on Twitter at a time when Arn posted something about remembering Ole, so I looked into and found out he had died. I didn't really see it widely reported, not sure if WWE did anything on TV for him but I was disappointed AEW didn't seem to. I never really saw him wrestle. I knew the story of the Black Scorpion somewhat. Can't get much better than being in the Four Horsemen as a wrestler.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:58 am

That was a great Horsemen promo there. I saw Ole a bit back in the day but not a whole bunch. I'm not sure if WWE paid tribute to him or not. I haven't seen it about Virgil either and I don't blame you about AEW :roll: Oh well that is good you know about the Black Scorpion..it was cool how it ended. I may show more for Halloween ;)

Here's this JJ Jeff Jarrett Vignette Promo that was leading up his debut on WWF Wrestling Challenge...this is really put together well :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 pm

I miss when they did vignettes prior to debuts. They should do that more often, but it seems like it's more about surprises and popping the crowd these days, even though 80% of the debuts are usually spoiled online anyway.

Spoiler:
I thought Sting coming down from the rafters was a cool moment, but I wish he would've came down closer to the Bucks, and in the ring with them looking out over the ropes at the stage. I get why you might not want him coming down so close to others, and maybe the design of the arena didn't allow for it, but I thought it would've been cooler if he wasn't so far away when he came down. Just my opinion. Was still a neat moment.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 am

Yes, that is one of the many things that today's wrestling is seriously lacking. I loved it back then when you'd see these vignettes of new wrestlers being hyped up every week. It gave the viewer the chance to know them more and an extra oomph to them as well IMO instead of just appearing like it is a trend over the last decade. I believe it stopped with Lord Tensai which I'll post him in time because I really liked him. Though I mean guys like Well Dunn just appeared in the WWF with no hype, no nothing so wrestlers just appearing isn't a newer thing at all...not everybody got the vignette promo treatment.

That promo with Allin & Sting was really good. Shame about Sting's dad :roll: That was a great moment when Ric Flair came down and attacked the Bucks but i was like oh come on Flair, don't join them. He still can get beat up :shock: Actually I think the moment was done ok. Him coming down the rafters like old times was done fairly well yet so risky. Keep in mind he's 64 now :shock: If this was truly Sting & Flair's last moment together on TV like this..I say it was pretty decent :)

OK, so now here we go with JJ Jeff Jarrett's in-ring TV debut in early January 94. Shawn Michaels' in on commentary as he was a guest commentator for a while praising Jarrett. This was a great time for HBK but really he was still in development and 94 was really good for him but he wouldn't become the big time HBK till 95. So JJ enters the ring and has a tiny promo about his name. Who's his opponent though you ask :?: It's PJ Walker :? OK if you don't know him, a few months later he would become "The Portuguese Man-o-War" Aldo Montoya...still don't know him :?: A few years later he joined ECW became Justin credible :o So after the match JJ has his little saying on the mic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc