Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:21 pm

RIP Candido. His Darkside of the Ring was one of the sadder ones in that his death was pretty preventable.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:12 am

Yes...such a shame :roll: Oh that was something when Bagwell debuted. He was such a young sensation then. My Grandpa thought he was something else during his early days. Missy Hyatt was pretty good. She was like that a lot during those times. I liked her a lot. However in 93 when the Nasty Boys returned to WCW, she changed and became their manager and IMO was really hot. This was one of the best times of the Nasty Boys and arguably My favorite. Now this promo is the aftermath of when Bagwell was teaming with Too Cold Scorpio :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:05 pm

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:17 pm

Man, I almost forgot he was the special guest troubleshooting referee at Survivor Series 1994.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:38 am

Acid - That was a fantastic moment. I had posted about Norris in the WWF before about Walker: Texas Ranger, his Survivor Series & more :) Like I said, Wrestling, Action Stars & Martial Arts goes so well hand in hand...look how martial artists are in wrestling past and now and look how many wrestlers are in movies ;)

PB - That was such a cool video there. This was quite big for Me in 94 when Chuck did that I mean I saw most of his movies by then, he was a big household name and then he returns to the WWF because he was a guest at Wrestlemania 7 in 91 before this :) I hope one day he'll be a WWE Hall of Famer. As a side note to that clip, I miss "The Toddster" Todd Pettengill, he was so fun in the WWF :)

OK, now to continue about WHY Norris was going to be a ringside enforcer. He showed the video there but here's a major clip of it. Weird that I showed the Great Kabuki a few days ago already and I had mentioned during then that he & Tenryu were assassins to take care of The Undertaker at the WWF Royal Rumble 94 (30 years ago this year!) and now I'm posting this :? Watch and you'll see them plus JJ Jeff Jarrett, Adam Bomb, Bam Bam, Headshrinkers, Diesel plus more to help Yokozuna retain the WWF Title. At 2:00 the big moment happens with The Undertaker appears on the precursor to the Titan Tron with a great promo...so great in fact they made a special theme with these very words for the WWF the Music Vol. 2 that I showcased in My Vintage collection. When Me & My Grandpa first saw this happen at that next Monday Night Raw, We couldn't believe how ridiculously awesome this was :) Watch @ 3:13 how the camera zooms at him and what he says...this has always been one of The Undertaker's most memorable and finest moments ever IMO :blbat:

I will continue a bit of this tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:05 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:41 am

Oh man I recall that time with Austin, Sid, Bret, HBK, Mankind. In Your House: Final Four was great. This was a very good time in the WWF in 96.

OK, happy St. Patrick's Day :) I've been wanting to do more Dungeon of Doom stuff for a while but I wanted to wait...well till I could show a new member. MANY YEARS' before Hornswoggle there was Braun the Leprechaun...here's his debut :o

Like I said before, after WCW Uncensored 96, The Dungeon of Doom was really going to the bottom as times were changing as the nWo was starting and the fun wrestling that I knew seemed like it was years ago already. However, The Dungeon of Doom was heading a different direction. The fun & wacky characters were going away but they went in an Urban/Gotham-like direction which was cool as they were bringing in that "Urban Horror" that was starting to trend in movies & games for a few years. Now here's his first match in August of 96. It's really good. His opponent is Todd Morton...he's Rock and Roll Express member Ricky Morton's younger brother which you can clearly tell the resemblance :)

Now you might be wondering who is Braun the Leprechaun :?: He was Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker of the tag team State Patrol with Lt. James Earl Wright :) Oh and and his real name is....DeWayne Bruce :batshock: I'll be posting more Dungeon of Doom in time as well ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 am

That was...something. Yep, he looked just like Ricky Morton.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:59 am

Yes it was :) Yeah, Todd stayed in that section of the card for a long time :roll: That was a good Finley there though I always liked how he was as The Belfast Bruiser before that however. Sheamus is great. So unappreciated. He's held almost every title in the WWE but the IC and done just about everything else I mean he won a Rumble, MIB, KOTR yet he never get's acknowledged for all of his success...what a shame :roll:

OK, now I'm going to continue and going back in time as to what happen after The Undertaker was destroyed at the WWF Royal Rumble 94. There was some great vignettes of people having "Undertaker Sightings" or "Sightings of The Undertaker" almost like a Cryptid sighting in a way during the early Summer of 94. It was quite fun. I could only find one video so far...the volume is quite low here.

Tomorrow I will post when he was "found" and brought back to the WWF which that was so good ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:17 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc