Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:42 am

It was fun following DDP's rise to fame in WCW. It took years of story building but was done really well of how he was a bum in the early 90s after The Diamond Studd left WCW and became Razor Ramon in the WWF to when he got his "Diamond Doll" Kimberly in the mid 90s to when he became world champion in the late 90s. In fact really DDP has one of the best built stories in wrestling IMO. I believe that was one of Lee Marshall's first interviews before he was really signed in WCW...notice you did not see him ;)

OK, now here's this great one. This is one of My favorites of all and I was quite euphoric over it :) This was one Shawn Michaels' really cool talk show called The Heartbreak Hotel. HBK is great here and I loved how Diesel was still like his bodyguard despite he's the Intercontinental Champion. I really like how the Million Dollar Man brings his history from the WWF Survivor Series 90 up when he's the one that brought The Undertaker at the great exciting event. See how he says about how people "has seen" The Undertaker. I love at 3:52 what Lawler says about "The Spine" :lol: Watch this classic fantastic moment :blbat:

I will continue this tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 am

That was something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 am

Oh yes it is :) That was a really good Piper promo there and he looked good too.

No promo today...just The Undertaker in a match, listen to what they say about next week because I will continue this tomorrow :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Macho Man doing commentary is still odd to me.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:36 am

Oh, Macho doing commentary was good and was nothing knew. He went on commentary after his retirement match at Wrestlemania 7 against The Ultimate Warrior which that was in 1991. He then got reinstated with the Match Made in Heaven at SummerSlam 91 and returned to the ring but was still on commentary on shows including Superstars and Monday Night Raw. That was a good video of the Miracle Violence Connection, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy, that's their real names and they were what you got...they were one heck of a team and arguably the best Gaijin tag team in Japan. Both of these very underrated legends are gone and such a shame hardly anybody talks about them :roll: Just think, finally Paul E. Dangerously is going to the WWE Hall of Fame :o

So during this time with Ted DiBiase's Undertaker, Leslie Neilsen was on the scene...oh this was such a fun time...it was basically a finale to his Police Squad-Naked Gun franchise which The Naked Gun 3 came out just a while before this :)

In the mean while this was happening too :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:12 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:03 am

Good promo by Teddy Long. Doom was a great team. I really liked it when they wore masks and was managed by Woman and bodyguard was Nitro (the Skywalker/ The Big Sky/Tyler Mane).

Here's Ted DiBiase talking with Vinnie Mac about The Undertaker :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:19 am

That was a pretty good Rey Mysterio promo. He was truly one of the first to truly show that the little guy can be good too ;)

OK, now here we go...SummerSlam 94...30 years ago this year...it's The Undertaker vs. The Undertaker. Ted Dibiase has a short introduction for his Taker. I love when Paul Bearer shows the new Urn and his Undertaker comes out in purple which this is one of his most epic entrances. This match is so unusual, epic, and goes by so fast with some really great spots... it's truly a good one :)

I couldn't find the Leslie Nielsen aftermath as he & George Kennedy closed the cased. Tomorrow I will post the man who was Ted DiBiase's Undertaker ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:46 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc