Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:14 am

Oh same for Me, I believe it was WM3 or WM4 when I began to realize stuff and how wrestling was THE sport for Me. Oh yes, 86 was a good year, just noe WM2 but Big Trouble in Little China as well ;) That was a good Albano & Bulldogs promo there with Vinnie Mac. Gosh, check out that WWF LJN Wrestling Ring & Figure display...so darn classic :)

OK, here's WM2. you posted the second video before but I wanted to include it with this great stuff witH Hogan, Mr. T, Bundy, Studd, "The Fridge" Perry, Fralic, Andre & more :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:28 pm

I knew more football players from that match then I did from watching football at that time, so when I'd come across a card of William Perry or Bill Fralic it was extra cool.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:28 am

That was such a tremendous Road Warriors promo...gosh what great times & talent :) Yes, that is how it is for Me. I saw many of them too from WM2 especially WM11 with L.T. facing Bam Bam not to to mention all the footballers in WCW later on :shock:

Here's WM3, still one of the biggest & best IMO.

The Dream Team :!:

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in a great promo, he was very good and to Me he was the Bruce Lee of wrestling :)

Hogan & Andre...this is still of the biggest rivalries of ever of all time and still one of the all-time best as well :)

This Hogan promo is so crazy :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:16 pm

WM 2 and 3 were pretty epic. They were my favorites as a kid. Still are.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:46 am

Yes they were great. Amazing seeing an interview by Gordon Solie in GCW in 1981, the year I was born :shock: This was before Vinnie Mac was the owner of the WWF. Great promo by Andre :)

WM 4 & WM 5 to Me will always be the most iconic looking events as they were both at Trump Plaza back to back not to mention with great matches :)

WM4

WM5 (35 years ago this year :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:37 pm

Andre and Uecker is so iconic, but Hogan and Savage was so epic. That was just built so well. I did all the lead up promos a ways back, they were so good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:12 am

Oh yes they were all so iconic and yes PB, I recall what you posted...I'm like PB posted a lot of Hogan & Savage for WM 5 but he didn't post this clip ;) Yes, Meng/Haku was great in WCW...you know I loved his early run with Col. Robert Parker & his times with the Dungeon of Doom in WCW ;) That promo was pretty good, the DOD was gone already by at least a year or so but he was still a big force to reckon with and even was major threat to Goldberg :) Oh he was at the WWE Hall of Fame, they showed him a few times as he was sitting next to the Rock's Family in the front row...his hair is short and grey now but otherwise you can still tell it's King Haku :)

Here's WM6, to Me this was such a great event and time in 1990. My Grandpa PoPo loved this event, Verna's Mr.T's Video Rentals that I showcased and talked about many times made sure she got the VHS in for him...she was so nice...he couldn't wait for the main event with Hogan & the Warrior...in fact he was actually more as excited about it than I was :o

Here's this Ad.

The special report with many promos including Macho King & Queen Sherri, Demolition & Piper in black face plus more :o

Here's these from the actual event with Rhythm & Blues debut with DDP as their driver & more :)

The Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior buildup...now this was such great building. This Royal Rumble 90 is whee it all started and yes that's Tony Schiavone with Jesse Ventura before their commentator team reunion in WCW...this was so awesome :)

Hogan & Warrior's great promos :)

Their great contract signing on WWF Prime Time Wrestling...My Grandpa was so thrilled about this :)

The match highlights :!:

Special Report with Lord Alfred Hayes & President Jack Tunney concerning the first ever World vs. IC championship match :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:43 pm

I remember being a kid and being like, they can't have both titles in the same match, that's crazy, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:40 am

Yes, I may have had a similar thought back then but it was remarkable because it was the first time it ever happen. Then it started to become a trend with Bret (World Champ) vs. HBK (IC Champ) at Survivor Series 92 but that would only be for the World Title but as time would go on matches like this would occur more & more.

Oh I recall that with Stardust...he was a great character and so inspired by Jim Carey's The Riddler...he even did the movements like him.

Here's Wrestlemania 7, it was very good & different IMO. Now this might no be the best WM to others but this holds a very special place with Me because this is the one that My great Cousin "Uncle Buck" Mike recorded this strait from PPV and gave Me his PPV VHS that I showcased a while back in My Vintage Wrestling Collection :)

President Jack Tunney's special announcement with a promo by Sgt. Slaughter :shock:

Here's the WM7 report with a promo of Macho King & Queen Sherri. I couldn't find any promos of Demolition vs. Tenryu & Kitao but their pictures are here :)

First off here's three great promos of The Ultimate Warrior before the event...the second one is THE famous one where the Warrior fights Brother Love :shock:

The actual event :!:

This is the one I talking about Chuck Norris's FIRST appearance in the WWF. I wanted to find the video but the video on YT has been blocked because of copyright reasons...however, here is a pic of him with Donald Trump & Lou Ferrigno :)

Here's a close-up of Chuck Norris, he's talking to Mean Gene about how great wrestling is, that he's a big fan and mentions many older names. Keep in mind Norris knows amateur wrestling and uses many wrestling moves in his movies such as fireman carries, dragon sleepers and more and basically used MMA way before MMA was a thing :)

The Undertaker & Paul Bearer's FIRST EVER appearance at a Wrestlemania :o

Jake "The Snake" Roberts :!:

Macho King vs. The Ultimate Warrior - Randy & Elizabeth get back together and this is how the Match Made in Heaven at SummerSlam 91 started :) :batsmile: :wwwink:

Hogan vs. Slaughter was so good :!:

This reunion actually happen about 4 years ago now...watch this :shock:

What they didn't talk about was this and the FIRST appearance of Col. Mustafa aka The Iron Sheik that formed the Triangle of Terror and the Match Made in Hell at SummerSlam 91 :!:

A special bonus with additional clips :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:55 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc