Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 am

Yes Acid, this is...we've really been posting some great stuff :) That Heenan Family was a really good one. The Masked Superstar would have been a really an ideal Halloween costume IMO.

Keep in mind, Wars Games is Dusty's brainchild. OK, now I'm getting to the nitty gritty of this really fun War Games 94. Here's Dustin & The Nasties facing Rip Rogers, Ron Oakes & Tommy Stevenson then a good promo soon follows.

On the same episode on 9/17/94 The Stud Stable has a really good promo.

On WCW Worldwide on the same date here's this good promo especially by Dusty :)

Okay, here's the WCW Fall Brawl War Games Control on WCW Main Event right before the PPV with good promos from both teams plus much more :)

OK, here's a clip from the actual event and this is how it went down and watch for Meng to headbutt the camera :o

While the WCW Fall Brawl War Games 95 is My fave, the 94 event was quite dandy IMO. Next I'm going to show The Stud Stable's new member but first I gotta show a bit of a evolution of him...just wait and see whom that might be :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:33 pm

Haku was criminally misused. he should've been more of a main eventer in the WWE beyond King Haku.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 am

Oh yes he should have. Actually when he becmae a wrestler from being Parker's bodyguard, he had a major time for months till he was stopped by Sting and became a member of the Dungeon of Doom. Still he was like an unstoppable monster. That Dolph Ziggler promo was good, I recall that pretty much. I was like finally Dolph & HBK in the ring together :!:

Okay, now before I get to The Stud Stable's new member I'm going to show him thru a bit of the ages/evolution here. You know him as Barry Darsow. Here he is as Krusher Khrushchev when he was part of the Russians with Ivan & Nikta Koloff in the NWA/WCW :shock:

His next transformation will be tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:21 pm

It's funny how many evil foreign wrestlers weren't foreign. Long live kayfabe.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:55 am

Yes it is, oh yeah to KAYFABE :!: Oh Kerwin White, what a gimmick that was. We weren't quite there in the PG era so this worked and really I find this one of the most underrated gimmicks. It was a simple one really I mean he just dressed up a little classy and got a good Frank Sinatra song. As he said, "If it's not White, it's not right but then he changed it to ""If it's not Kerwin White, it's not right" but then he stopped saying it entirely. Sadly the gimmick was over after Chavo's Uncle Eddie passed away :roll: I see why you chose White because of the involvement with Nick Nemeth there...good thinking PB ;) Gosh Dolph looked so young & different there :shock:

Okay, so you saw Barry Darsow as Krusher Khrushchev yesterday. Now before I continue with him I gotta show you this. Here is a match...the debut of Demolition in January of 87 but this isn't what your thinking or is it :? Their managed Johnny Valiant. The Masked Superstar that was part of the Heenan Family you posted the other day became a Machine and now he is Ax...who's his partner :?: It's Moondog Rex as Smash...watch this as they take on Sal Bellomo & Mario Mancini with Joey Marella as the Ref and Vinnie Mac, Jesse Ventura & Bruno Sammartino being the commentators and a small promo by Johnny V & Howard Finkle :shock: You get to see the original Smash up close, I liked how he dyed and painted his hair :)

So, after only a few matches, he was forced to back out of the repackaged gimmick...why :? Because the crowds were beginning to notice that it was him and chanting "Moondog" :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So what did the WWF do about this :?: Well, they had just acquired Barry Darsow after he left NWA/WCW and replaced Randy "Moondog Rex" Colley with him :shock: So very quickly they repackaged the team just a bit. Right away you see that Smash is being portrayed by a different guy and that it is Krusher Khrushchev from the NWA/WCW but back then it would be harder to know because of the availability of cable. He seems more lively here and developed a new attitude & persona to match the Smasher gimmick. Also, notice that Bill "Ax" Eadie's face paint strongly resembles The Masked Superstar's mask(s) as well :o

Okay, here in this match with the now Demolition that your used to with Barry Darsow. On commentary is Vinnie Mac, Jesse Ventura, Gorilla Monsoon & Bruno Sammartino. They face Mario Mancini and "Superfly" Siva Afi (kayfabe cousin of Jimmy Snuka, he was actually Samoan and trained by Peter Maivia however Siva got in deep trouble like Snuka too and he also tagged with King Tonga aka Haku!). Joey Marella is the ref again. Notice how they make Demolition like a newer, bigger & better team now just within weeks if even that :shock:

OK, now here is a promo of Demolition, now their developing into the Demolition of old, Johnny V has left them and their now managed by Mr. Fuji. Notice Smash's hair is grown & longer now, Oh and that interviewer is Craig DeGeorge by the way ;)

OK, so tomorrow I will show Barry Darsow's next repackaged gimmick :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:11 pm

Interesting background. I loved Demolition as a kid. they just looked so cool. I vaguely remember Johnny Valiant being their manager, but probably didn't notice the wrestlers changed at that age and with smaller TV sets, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 01, 2024 9:03 am

Yes it was :) Yes, Demolition were great...like I had said before, when I first saw them they were a major reason why I was hooked wrestling :) I know a little about Kamille. She is great. She was girlfriend with Braun Strowman for a while but then she got involved with the former Bram who had a nasty divorce with Charlotte Flair :roll:

Okay, so after Demolition was gone from the WWF in early 1991...Barry Darsow was repackaged later in 1991 as The Repo Man :o

His wrestling debut :!: I knew it was Smash because of his voice and of the big Eagle Tattoo on his arm :shock:

A really cool promo...I thought he was such a character :lol:

This was a great moment for The Repo Man on one of the first Raws ever in 1993 :)

Here's this exlcusive match on WWF Mania when he wore a really cool mask and would anybody $10.000 to take it off of him :o

BONUS :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:01 pm

Yeah, maybe Bram is why she wouldn't go to WWE. Messy that was. Repo Man was around the time I was losing interest. Not really my favorite gimmick.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 02, 2024 7:33 am

Maybe, when I read that he abused her I lost total respect for him :batsmh: :wwsad: :smsmh: Repo Man was good & funny. Oh that Tommy Rich & Roddy Piper promo was nuts :lol:

OK, Darsow left the WWF in 93...in late 94 he went to WCW as a new wrestler called Blacktop Bully. He originally posed a mystery fan and then became a new Stud Stablemate. Listen, he uses the Bunkhouse Buck theme and really he looks like a different version of his Krusher Khrushchev gimmick :shock: After the match is his cool promo :)

Tomorrow I'll show the King of the Road Match plus more ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm

So is he like a truck driver or something? Not a great gimmick, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc