Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:42 pm

That was an ok Mania. A lot of future Attitude Era stars there so a bit of the start of the changing of the guard.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:51 am

Yes, the pieces were coming together. It was actually forming in the late part of 95 really with the shocking Diesel promo I posted last year when I was doing the Survivor Series. By this time of WM12, The Dungeon of Doom lost to The Mega Powers at WCW uncensored so their time was fading out and classic wrestling would last much longer cause the nWo would arrive launch the true beginning of The Attitude Era :roll:

That was some Dean Ambrose promo there in FCW which was actually before NXT which FCW was actually pretty fun. Right there I think Dean was ready to go to be a major singles wrestler but of course no, the Shield had to form :roll: I like how they show his eyes at the climax...that's one thing WWE does focus on a bit but people in general need to, people's facial expressions is one of the things that makes us human. I've always been a person that loves expressions especially on women. There was a lot of good stuff in FCW, stuff that hardly get's talked about in WWE and really anywhere for that matter which I'll see about posting some in time ;)

OK, so now here is brief moments of WM13.

WM 14 - 16 in 60 Seconds :!:

Wrestlemania X-Seven. You posted the big Stone Cold & Rock promo before and I recall how much you loved it so here it is with a bonus ;)

So I know you base on matches and stuff of worst Wrestlemanias but I sometimes base them on time periods not how the event actually was, I do that with other things as well. Wrestlemania X-Seven to Me was truly the worst of what time it was. Why :?: Because it was 2001, a major year of change. ECW just folded and WWF acquired them and then a week or so before WM-X7 WWF buys WCW...if your a wrestling fan that loved all of the stuff from every corner then it was a very dark day for wrestling fans which this generation & kids today really has no clue how that was back then :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

So with that being said, wrestling as we knew was going away. They had one last classic moment. First this clip here... they had the Gimmick Battle Royal. First here's the introduction of Mean Gene Okerlund then Bobby Heenan which this was one great last reunion and what a better place then Wrestlemania :)

In this episode of Zack Ryder's Iced, here's the whole Gimmick Battle Royal. Here's everybody that was featured. The Bushwhackers Luke & Butch, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, Doink the Clown (Phil Appollo), Nikolai Volkoff, Tugboat, The Goon the Hockey Player (Bill Irwin), Earthquake, The Gobbledygooker (Hector Guerrero), Hillbilly Jim, Brother Love, Michael P.S. Hayes, "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala (with Harvey Whippleman) & Kim Chee (The Brooklyn Brawler Steve Lombardi), One Man Gang, Jim Cornette, Repo Man (Smash/Barry Darsow), Sgt. Slaughter and the Iron Sheik. I love how they took the time with the entrances cause the entrances are really the funnest part of any wresting match, I hate it when their just there in the ring. However, when the match starts it is so fast paced and everybody get's eliminated so quickly and unfortunately this is where the time of "the big man" was starting to not matter anymore...this has always bugged Me and this still continues today and like I said before, that's one of the reasons why I got into wrestling. Jim Cornette actually fights Brother Love here :!: Amazing, in the 93 Royal Rumble, Earthquake eliminated Typhoon...in this Earthquake eliminated Tugboat :o I do think this had an apropos climax with The Iron Sheik & Sgt. Slaughter. Heenan says about Slaughter not forgetting 10 years ago with the Sheik...I'm like 10 years, that it :shock: This seems way longer than just only 10 years. I always thought how the Attitude Era seemed liked another reality and hardly anything before it fit especially how everybody craved the Attitude Era before all of the great stuff before it. It seemed like they wanted to get this Battle Royal over ASAP i mean even Mean Gene says he can't recall eliminations this fast before and I'm like like Geno...Me neither :roll: So here's the whole event though some entrances are no present and the end of actual match with Heenan & Okerlund was still still classic and a commentary team like this IMO beats any that has come after it. IMO this Gimmick Battle Royal is THE last classic type WWF match.

So that is that. I have a couple more Wrestlemania bits to go ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:37 pm

I loved the Gimmick Battle Royal. It was so cool to see and hear everyone again. It was great to see the Sheik get some love after being the heel for so long. Rock-Austin is still one of the best builds and Mania matches IMO. Vince being on WCW will always seem weird. The Darkside of the Ring about Black Saturday should be airing soon.

Drew looked ok back then. I remember people really hated him for some reason. But now, he's about the most grown ass looking man around, I can see why they tried to push him so early.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:19 am

Oh yes, even though it seemed like it was Rock & Austin all the time, it was one the greatest builds ever in wrestling. I'm surprised you liked the Gimmick Battle Royal I mean man of those guys were from some fun time sin the 80s. I must say Duke "The Dumpster" Drose was most uprising to be in there for Me. Even though he never went anywhere and lost most of his matches, he was very enjoyable to watch. I was impressed how many of them guys still looked good and really unchanged I mean Kamala, Slaughter, Hilbilly Jim, Earthquake & Tugboat and especially The Goon. Yes it is but I think it was inevitable and Black Saturday was a pure harbinger of the future not to mention it happen in all years of 1984 :shock: I had already posted a special when WWF invaded WCW in 1984 a few years ago already and I thought people would be talking about it but there was no replies...you can check out the entire Black Saturday event here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post41209.html?hilit=1984#p41209, don't forget to check it out cause it's the original real deal and some modern take on it ;)

He looked good but Drew's "chosen one" was okay, I always saw it like Jeff Jarrett 2.0 in WCW as he was "The Chosen One", to Me this was an alternate way of making it different but I'm like we've been there, done that already...do something different. Maybe that's why people didn't like him :? With that being said I'm glad that McIntyer evolved from that and how he is now as you have said about him being an grown @$$ man now ;)

OK, here's is a MASSIVE one...WM18 :!: I'm going to only show the the totally awesome Hogan & Rock stuff here cause that was truly THE LAST of the classic stuff IMO :shock:

The nWo returns thanks to Mr. McMahon :o This was absolutely huge :!: :!: :!:

They return at No Way Out 2002 :!:

The nWo isn't going to let that slide.

Here's this three part interview segment of one the greatest segments ever in Raw's history IMO. Yeah, sorry Hulkster, in 93 I was all for Yokozuna when he destroyed Hulkamania and it hasn't changed with Me since. It wasn't because I was tired of Hogan, it was because Yoko was a monster and a bad guy and I'm usually for guys like that ;)

They continue and match the make for WM-X8

The retaliation was too sweet :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

This is one of My all-time favorite moments in wrestling of ever of all-time and this was absolutely enormous for Me, This rivaled when The Giant ran over Hogan's Bike in 95 :!: I love that this whole incident was during a nocturnal state and I love how Hogan blows the horn, there has been nothing since that rivaled this IMO :)

The WM18 Promo Video Package :!:

The Hogan & Rock match...the super great stare-down and looking at the crowd at WM-X8 so exciting :)

The finish of the Rock & Hollywood Hogan match :!: :!:

WM-X8 in 60 seconds :)

I got one more WM moment to go which is going to be a finale :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:47 am

Ah, that Hogan Rock match was so great. Those first few minutes, wow. I became a Hulkamaniac again after not really liking Hogan for a few years. Such an amazing moment.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am

Yep, yeah, heel Hogan and knowing how he was backstage can make you dislike him. Oh yes, the Guerrillas of Destiny had some great times in Japan :!:

Okay, so this My finale of WM and I believe it is proper climax. This is My tribute to the Ultimate Warrior as this year marks the 10th Anniversary of his shocking passing :(

The Ultimate Warrior in 2K's first major commercial & wrestling game after taking over THQ :o

His official entrance. On later editions it would improve but WWE 2K14 is still really one of the best wrestling games.

Here's this special...what he says...I cannot see anybody ever NOT liking and being excited about The Ultimate Warrior :shock:

The 2K Warrior Special interview. Listen to what he says especially about HHH and the look he got on his face and about Owen Hart & Jim Powers and the Ring Crew. I always thought nobody works harder than the Ring Crew and they get no credit whatsoever from fans but it's great hearing that from The Ultimate Warrior :)

-------------------------------------------------

Wrestlemania 30 - Wrestlmania XXX - WMXXX WEEKEND :!:

The Ultimate Warrior is heading to the WWF Hall of Fame :o

This special interview :!:

Parts of his speech :!:

The Warrior & Hogan ONE LAST TIME :roll:

The final time EVER that the Ultimate Warrior would enter a wrestling ring because he would pass away the night after :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

A week later on WWE Monday Night Raw, the special Tribute to The Ultimate Warrior. Watch Nattie & Cody :roll:

WM30 in 60 seconds. You talk about worst Wretlemanias, this is My least fave of all. I was so excited about it and this was when the WWE Network was brand new and still going thru technical difficulties. Everybody I wanted to win lost including the Undertaker and Wyatt :o :roll:

BONUS: Wrestlemania 1 reunion rematch with Mean Gene, Mr. Wonderful, Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan & Mr. T and even Pat Patternson :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm

I was a big UW fan as a kid. Who wasn't. I wasn't around for his later shenanigans with the WWE, but I remember rolling my eyes at his WCW debut. I was glad to see him get into the HOF and return to WWE tv. Shame he died so soon after. He was an interesting person.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:02 am

Yes, he was a very interesting person indeed. That was a good Chris Adams & Billy Jack Haynes promo.

Here's Hunter Hearst Helmsley's only 2 promo vignettes of hyping him up in April of 1995. The first appears to be edited, that's actually because HHH wouldn't respond to Vinnie Mac then he does in another attempt. I love the second one how he is there about "Civility" :lol:

Here's his debut only weeks after those vignettes, he debuted rather quickly. Check out his finisher...no he doesn't use the Pedigree...he uses a form of a Diamond Cutter :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:37 pm

Buck Zumroff? Who the blue blazes was that He kind of looked like a blonde Hacksaw Jim Duggan, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:06 am

That was a very good Samoa Joe promo. Yeah, Joe calling Hall & Nash old men when Joe is about their age then now :shock:

OK, who is he :?: OK you asked and you shall receive. Now FOLLOW ME HERE as I go step by step. He is "Rock n' Roll" Buck Zumhofe. He's one of the most notorious wrestlers that is known.

Here here is when he was young before his famous gimmick.

Here he is with his boom box which he'd be like this for years in the AWA

Still in the AWA, here's Jesse Ventura & Nick Bockwinkle talking bad about him then Buck comes in.

OK, now in January 1993, he's a jobber in the WWF. He faces Bam Bam Bigelow who just returned in December of 92 and is still a monster. Like Buck was against Hunter Hearst Helmsley in 1995, he isn't sporting the "Rock n' Roll Roll" gimmick.

A shoot interview with Buck many years later.

Around that time, Buck interrupts a fundraiser :!:

In 2015, Greg Gagne reveals about Buck...LISTEN :wwshock: :batsmh: :smgasp: Why is Greg talking about Buck :? Because his legendary father Verne Gagne TRAINED BUCK :o

Hannibal (a big indie wrestler, reporter & interviewer) reveals the news about Buck plus a couple other notes.

Now the HERE'S THE FINALE about Buck Zumhofe so watch & listen especially the last couple of minutes :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Darkside of Wrestling could have a big episode featuring Buck "Rock n' Roll" Zumhofe which there is actually a lot that hasn't been featured that they may not even want to air :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc