Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:05 am

That was a very good Thunderbolt, Dusty and company promo there. I'm going to continue a few more Wrestlemanias for a at least a couple more days :)

Here's WM 8 from 1992, a great time :)

I recall this like it was last week...will this be Hogan's last match :?:

I loved the Macho & Flair feud with Elizabeth...as you saw a few months ago how the it was the opposite in WCW a few years later :shock:

Here's a big trivia bit. Back in early 92...My Grandparents I went out and they got Me some Hasbro WWF figures at Target, a couple of them were The Natural Disasters. I saw the Warrior on there and I was like wow, a new figure of the Ultimate Warrior (I never got this version however, never could find him!) but why when he was gone for months :?: I thought to Myself I wonder if he's coming back but there was no way to find out as there was no web and they sure weren't going to say on TV and PWI didn't either. I was like I bet he's coming and My Grandparents are like you maybe right Hydester :)

Indeed I was, that figure on the back of that card was a big hint about it :shock: I couldn't find a better video, ignore the person's sound effects :roll: The Ultimate Warrior returns and rescues Hogan from Sid Justice and the DEBUT of Papa Shango :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:07 pm

Woooooo. Hercules was starting to look older there. I wasn't watching anymore at this point, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:49 am

So you stopped watching when Hulkmania was leaving. Yes, Hercules was and he was just kinda hanging around there really just being a jobber or enhancement talent. He wasn't the same after Paul Poma left and Power & Glory disbanded.

One quick about WM8, Me & My Grandma rented that & Clive Barker's People Under the Stairs at Schnucks on Iron Street. I remember talking to Meself about it while I was riding My Blue Dyno Bike in the Alley during the day cause cause I was really excited about it all.

That was a great Tommy Dreamer promo and they was quite emotional indeed and yes I agree, I really liked ECW more than WWF & WCW at many times.

OK, next up WM 9, the most unique WM ever. I really liked it. It has so many cool moments including Jim Ross' debut in the WWF! I'm going to show a bit here but not a ton because soon I'm going to post this wonderful history in My 93.

No, that wasn't Hogan's last match because a year later he returned in this epic trailer that was decades before the epic one for WM 40 XL:o

Bob Backlund's first major singles match since his return facing Razor Ramon after Razor lost to Bret at the Rumble.

The Steiner Brothers promo :!:

"The Narcissist" Lex Luger & Mr. Perfect, this was really good :)

I loved the Crush & Doink the Clown feud, still one of My favorites :)

Wrestlemania Reports with some promos :)

Yokozuna challenges the world champion Bret Hart after he won the Rumble and I knew he'd win :!:

Bobby Heenan interviews The Giant Gonzales, watch the crowd :!:

BONUS CLIP, PUT THIS ON LOOP, IT'S ONLY SECONDS LONG. I always wanted Hogan to fight The Giant Gonzales but it never happen :roll: Other than Hogan's show Thunder in Paradise, THIS is the only clip that I know of when Hogan & Gonzales interact with each other :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 pm

Yeah, I was 15 at this point and wrestling just wasn't that cool for a teenager, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:24 am

I see, well you missed a lot but I'm helping to show what you missed PB ;) That was a good one from a very young Y2J.

I'm only going to post a tiny bit here of Wrestlemania 10 aka Wrestlemania X from 30 years ago this year in 1994 :!: Here's a WM report with Todd Pettengill. He was your usual guy for these reports now. I miss the fun that he brought to TV, so much better than Michael Cole but WWF thought otherwise. There's some promos here...one with Yokozuna, Master Fuji but Jim Cornette does the talking plus Alundra Blayze has good one plus Adam Bomb & Earthquake. That match never happen...Earthquake returned...it was supposed to be Earthquake vs. Ludvig Borga but Borga was injured then was released then Yokozuna beat up Earthquake then Earthquake left thus cancelling the match.

Here's these promos of Macho Man & Crush plus a clip of the first ever falls count anywhere match in the WWF :o

Here's this special WWE Playback with HBK & Scott Hall talking about their iconic ladder match at WMX. It is indeed one of the greatest ladder matches ever of all-time. The one at SummerSlam 95 was My fave of the two however, I find it amazing that the WWF's first three and most iconic ladder matches all had Shawn Michaels competing in them :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:53 am

Oh yes, Terra Ryzing was good and it was cool how transformed into Jean Paul Levesque. When he first started out like this My Grandpa thought he pretty good. Those were the days when you rank yourself up, beat jobbers and get the low card belt, the second title that is mid card so you can go for the main title. Gosh I sure miss that in wrestling today, no jobbers, no ranking...their just placed in and every match is a big one with no such thing as a tuneup match now...been like that for a long while now :roll: He didn't last long enough to get to champ Hogan because in early 95 or so he was on his way out to the WWF to become an upgrade of his character which would be Hunter Hearst Helmsley :shock:

NOTE...look for two new updates in the Theme section...2 updates from the HOF & WM40XL however before that I was going to do a special 90s HHH but I chose to do the Fake Undertaker instead which was a great one...I'll see about posting that special HHH I had in mind in time so look what is new there PB ;)

OK, now here we go with Wrestlemania 11...I would imagine this was on every Football fan's mind and maybe even dream card. You'll see what I mean in a moment.

First I'll show how all of this begin, it began at the WWF Royal Rumple 95...here's the cool ad with Pamela Anderson.

This happen during Bam Bam Bigelow's match when he & Tatanka lost to The 1-2-3 Kid & Bob "Spark Plug" Holly for the vacant WWF Tag Team Titles. Laurence L.T. Taylor was a guest and this is what happen :!:

Here's the special ad on Request because the fight is on I mean this got a ton of exposure and the web wasn't needed for it either as it was not only huge for the WWF but also the NFL as well :!:

Here's Todd Pettengill with the special report as it just features Bigelow & L.T. He names all of the Football players with L.T. which I'm sure you know them all PB ;)

OK, now I could only find this clip that I was looking for. This is the infamous time when Mongo McMichael was in the WWF for a very brief time...he get's into a fight with Kama "The Supreme Fighting Machine" (he was Papa Shango before this and he's the same Kama in the NOD that turned into The Godfather!) and this is really good plus there is other stuff here as well.

Here's the hot video of Jenny McCarthy & Pamela Anderson since they were guests for WM11. Anderson is great but I always liked McCarthey better.

Still with them two babes, this is still one of My fave moments in wresting when hot women were involved and keep in mind this was still a couple or so years before the Attitude Era :shock:

WM11 - 1.jpg

WM11 - 2.jpg

Here's the WM11 Encore ad.

Here's the recap of the Bam Bam & L.T. bout.

Here's WM11 in 60 seconds, watch for the clip when Owen Hart reveals YOKOZUNA as his mystery partner...that was huge for Me and still one of the biggest matches in WM history IMO :)

The tag match where Owen unveiled Yoko as his mystery partner to face and defeat the Tag Team Champions The Smoking Gunns will always be one of the most surprising & biggest moments for Me :)

WM11 - 3.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm

When I got back into wrestling in 09 I went back and watched all the Mania's I missed and always thought this was the worst of the early ones. 13 wasn't that great either but that was saved by the Brett-Austin match.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:48 am

I see you caught up then. Gosh, I thought you'd like that one especially with the Football elements there. See, this is another way I found out about Football players...just watch wresting :lol: :batlol: :wwshock: :smsmh: I always found it amazing that just months after Mongo appeared there, he would be revealed as the mysterious "third man" commentator on the first ever WCW Monday Nitro with Bischoff & Heenan and would be for awhile and even become a great wrestler, Horseman and US Champ, I found him really cool :o

That was a really good Magnum T.A. promo, good there :)

OK, here's Wrestlemania 12 in 1996. To Me this was the last of the classic stuff as things were changing just not in wrestling but everywhere. OK first off in a big tag match in February, Jim Cornette blames Yokozuna for losing the big tag match with the Bulldog...the now even bigger Yoko goes berserk which then he become a huge babyface. This was different for Me cause he was a monster heel since late 92 :shock:

So at WM12 he is supposed to face Vader since Vader was also one of Cornette's monsters :!:

Then because Owen & Bulldog is part of Camp Cornette and attacked Yoko, Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ahmed Johnson became allies then making a six-man tag match. I'll get to Ahmed Johnson in time. Watch and listen to Yoko, you tell he's part of the Anoa'i family I mean he's got the accent like Rikishi, the Usos and a lot of'em.

Here's these promos with Camp Cornette...I have always loved this :)

So a lot was going on in 96, one of the things that did was The Ultimate Warrior coming back...here's this great Vignette of his returning :!:

Here's his great return at WM12 as he looks to match the era greatly defeats Hunter Hearst Helmsley :o

Undertaker Interview :!:

I love how this is, Undertaker faces heel Tatanka, Diesel comes and chops up Taker's casket :!: This is one of My all-time fave Kevin Nash moments :o

The build of Bret vs. HBK was phenomenal. Stuff like today with Cody & The Bloodline & McEntyre & Rollins is close but still not on par to this IMO :) Here's the WM12 Bret vs. HBK Commercial & match clip :!:

Exclusive Bret interview :!:

WM12 in 60 Seconds with many great clips :)

HBK's interview with Vinnie Mac the night after on Monday Night Raw:!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:49 am

I see you caught up then. Gosh, I thought you'd like that one especially with the Football elements there. See, this is another way I found out about Football players...just watch wresting :lol: :batlol: :wwshock: :smsmh: I always found it amazing that just months after Mongo appeared there, he would be revealed as the mysterious "third man" commentator on the first ever WCW Monday Nitro with Bischoff & Heenan and would be for awhile and even become a great wrestler, Horseman and US Champ, I found him really cool :o

That was a really good Magnum T.A. promo, good there :)

OK, here's Wrestlemania 12 in 1996. To Me this was the last of the classic stuff as things were changing just not in wrestling but everywhere. OK first off in a big tag match in February, Jim Cornette blames Yokozuna for losing the big tag match with the Bulldog...the now even bigger Yoko goes berserk which then he become a huge babyface. This was different for Me cause he was a monster heel since late 92 :shock:

So at WM12 he is supposed to face Vader since Vader was also one of Cornette's monsters :!:

Then because Owen & Bulldog is part of Camp Cornette and attacked Yoko, Jake "The Snake" Roberts & Ahmed Johnson became allies then making a six-man tag match. I'll get to Ahmed Johnson in time. Watch and listen to Yoko, you tell he's part of the Anoa'i family I mean he's got the accent like Rikishi, the Usos and a lot of'em.

Here's these promos with Camp Cornette...I have always loved this :)

So a lot was going on in 96, one of the things that did was The Ultimate Warrior coming back...here's this great Vignette of his returning :!:

Here's his great return at WM12 as he looks to match the era greatly defeats Hunter Hearst Helmsley :o

Undertaker Interview :!:

I love how this is, Undertaker faces heel Tatanka, Diesel comes and chops up Taker's casket :!: This is one of My all-time fave Kevin Nash moments :o

The build of Bret vs. HBK was phenomenal. Stuff like today with Cody & The Bloodline & McEntyre & Rollins is close but still not on par to this IMO :) Here's the WM12 Bret vs. HBK Commercial & match clip :!:

Exclusive Bret interview :!:

WM12 in 60 Seconds with many great clips :)

HBK's interview with Vinnie Mac the night after on Monday Night Raw:!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc