Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MOTUC at BIG LOTS: Did you find any?

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

Re: MOTUC at BIG LOTS: Did you find any?

Postby Caleb » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Okay, I've seen the following MOTUC at Big Lots. Also, talked to a buddy who works at the BL in DeKalb, IL (where I went to school) and he told me that they've got more Mattel "Overstock" scheduled into the next wave of holiday mods (they'll be swapping stuff out in a few weeks, so keep checkin'). He wasn't sure if it was boys' toys or girls' toys, but that's the official term for it - Overstock.

As for my list of MOTU sightings at BL?

Princess Adora
Snout Spout
Chief Carnivus
Icarius (this dude is EVERYWHERE)
Moss Man
Orko
Faceless One
Scare Glow
Catra
Mo-Lar and Skeletor
Megator
Marzo
King Randor (not the Filmation version)
Grizzlor
Sy-Klone
Battleground Teela (confirmed, Loolar, if you're still looking)
Bubble Power She-Ra
Gygor

I think I saw Demo-Man, but I didn't punch his name into my li'l phone list, so I'm leaving him off. A guy at my LCS says he came across Keldor, Horde Prime, Optikk, and Swiftwind. I trust the guy, but I didn't seem them personally, so I'll leave them off as well.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Man, I really need to hit up Big Lots. I could use an Icarius. I was thinking about attempting my first major custom and turning him into...

BLAST HARDCHEESE!

I mean, SLAB BULKHEAD!

Wait, no...CRUNCH BUTTSTEAK!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Also, I could use an Adora, and I've got female friends who are jealous of my Bubble Power She-Ra that want one too.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Bubble Power She-Ra is actually superior to regular She-Ra as far as the figures go. I ended up buying a regular She-Ra and putting her head on Bubble Power She-Ra's body. It's near impossible to get regular She-Ra to sit on Swiftwind.

Adora has one of the most beautiful head sculpts/paint jobs I've ever seen on any female figure ever. It's like she jumped right out of the FILMATION cartoon.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:41 pm

My Big Lots only has Icarus...but I'm checking back weekly for new stuff cuz you know what's right around the corner!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:46 am

I'm on the hunt myself, nothing as of yet but I pretty much have all the Big Lots in my area under surveillance... :batgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:56 am

There were multiples of the unwanted Icarius, which a local comic shop purchased and then attempted to sell (as "sold out, online exclusives") for a substantial markup. They seem to have no takers on that deal. Although I have not seen it in Big Lots, the same comic store suddenly has two Megators for only $85.00 each. I am all for free enterprise, but have some sort of understanding of value and interest.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 am

beastovjudgement wrote:There were multiples of the unwanted Icarius, which a local comic shop purchased and then attempted to sell (as "sold out, online exclusives") for a substantial markup. They seem to have no takers on that deal. Although I have not seen it in Big Lots, the same comic store suddenly has two Megators for only $85.00 each. I am all for free enterprise, but have some sort of understanding of value and interest.

Amazing about Icarius, he is a great character but if you got Sky High and want to upgrade him then an extra Icarius is truly the best way to go, just check out My Sky High post and you'll see what I mean :)

$85 for Megator :o I can see that happening if he didn't show up at Big Lots :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 am

I hate it when comic/specialty shops think they have the right to jack prices way up to where they should be...I understand profit margin and all that jazz, but be reasonable and they'll move through their stock faster.

In my immediate area (within 45 minutes) I have: 3 Wally Worlds, 2 Targets, 4 ShopKo's, 2 Kmarts, 2 (would be) comic shops and 2 Big Lots.

The ones in Wausau are harder to get to due to time/distance but I try to get up there once a month...this area is largely untapped for toys and I feel I've been more fortunate here than in Milwaukee where I used to live, even though I had 3 Toys R Us's to go with even more of the rest...but my comic shop here is a far cry from what I had in milwaukee
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Previous

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe