Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:17 am

So, I watched Five Nights at Freddy's with my sons last night. Meh, it was ok. Maybe if you're into the games and no the backstory it would be better, overall, it wasn't scary. There were some off screen kills and some visual of dead boides but nothing overly gruesome. My 10-year-old wasn't bothered by it at all. The story was a little convoluted and something just seemed dumb. My older son said the games are scarier. I guess they couldn't go too scary or gruesome because they would lose the kid market, and I assume that would be where a lot of the sales would come from because I can't see this really appealing to adults or serious horror fans. But I'm sure it'll do well at the box office even if Peacock cuts into sales.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:36 am

Sounds to Me that their not scared of much and bored of current stuff. If most kids nowadays are like that then I think the movie makers need to make them more scarier and gory like a lot of We've posted. If kids today would see the Fly 1 & 2, Hellraisers, the Nightmare on Elm Streets and much more I think they'd be scared but then who knows. I do know when it comes video games Jason always made Me JUMP in the LJN NES game compared to the actual movies when he's suddenly appear :o

Here's this great werewolf film that came out in 1996 called Bad Moon. I recall only seeing the trailer once on TV probably during a Raw, Nitro, X-Files or World Series. The movie was so poorly advertised & hyped and I believe it was only at the shows for about a week. This is one of the best Werewolf movies and really My favorite one :blww: :blsm: :blhal:

NOTE: The haunting music in the trailer is Hans Zimmer's 1990 wonderful score to Pacific Heights ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:17 am

Think I may've saw that back then, not sure.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:18 pm

Well Bad Moon is a great one :blbat: That's funny, Me and My Mom just watched A Quite Place Part 1 & 2 last week. Their really good. I guess this will be the final entry for this year so it will continue what you posted PB, Halloween again :blww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:49 am

I still have not seen the sequel. It's been sitting on the DVR for well over a year, maybe 2, just haven't gotten to it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:05 am

Well I suggest you do soon PB especially since you just rewatched the first one while it's still fresh for you :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:58 pm

Thanks for sharing all these trailers, guys. Definitely gave me some ideas for this year's Halloween daily movie marathon. What did you guys all end up watching for October? The complete list for me includes:
Witchboard
Babadook
City of the Living Dead
The Killer Shrews
The Ward
The Gorgon
Ernest Scared Stupid
Legion
The Sentinel
Black Sunday
The Ghost
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Jason X
The Tommyknockers
Sleepwalkers
The Night of the Bloody Apes
Mill of the Stone Women
Transylvania 6-5000
Cube
Dark Water
Perfect Blue
The People Under the Stairs
The Mask (1961)
Severence
Street Trash
In Fabric
Alone in the Dark (1982)
The Night Stalker
The Night Strangler
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:41 am

That's a good list. I didn't watch a ton due to personal stuff but what I did was Stephen King's Silver Bullet, Little Monsters, The Unnamble 1 & 2, Fright Night 1 & 2 (the originals) and Fright Night 1 & 2 (the reboots), World War Z, A Quiet Place 1 & 2, The Last Witch Hunter, The Last Broadcast (the one I've spotlighted before about the Jersey devil that has so much history like being the first movie ever that was broadcasted from satellite that stared reality horror and predated The Blair Witch, I greatly spotlighted all about it all in Cryptozoology Topic!), The Blair Witch Project & Blair Witch sequel (2016 - We skipped Book of Shadows,) Garfield in the Rough & Garfield Halloween Adventure. I do still plan on watching more spooky stuff :blsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions