Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Great WWE Purge Continues...Spring Cleaning '24

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: The Great WWE Purge Continues...We Made Billions Edition

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:14 am

Bro, apparently Matt Riddle has been released as well, bro.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:36 am

Actually I'm surprised about Matt Riddle. The plebeians love him but WWE has never looked at who the people like and don't and think whether it draws ratings or not which IMO is a big mistake. they just do it no matter what the consequences are :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 am

I never really cared for Riddle and his bro schtick. I always found it annoying. I liked some of his stuff with Orton, but once Randy was hurt it was over. It's funny he got fired when Orton is supposedly close to returning. But I wonder if it has to do more with the drugs than anything, especially with them being connected to the UFC now. But that's just speculation on my part.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:06 am

You could be right there. yeah, I like Riddle but he can be really annoying with his silly stuff. Well its shame that Top Dolla was released. I wanted Hit Row to go somewhere but they kept on losing. I hope they don't release B-Fab, they really got something special with her so I hope they use her right especially since she has a Latino heritage too :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

The Great WWE Purge Continues...Spring Cleaning '24

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 pm

A new round of cuts happened recently...

Jinder Mahal, Xia Li, Veer, Sanga, and Xyon Quinn as well as Cameron Grimes and Von Wagner.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Great WWE Purge Continues...Spring Cleaning '24

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 am

I'm very disappointed in all of this. I loved Mahal as heel champion, he was so great and his fellow countrymen of Indus Sher. They should have gone much further. Xyon Quinn was like an ultimate fighter and reminded Me of Batista. He could have joined the Bloodline. This is so disappointing :roll: That's a shame about Cameron Grimes. He had such a great build up in NXT, when he made it to the main roster he got nothing at all, the fans weren't that big on him there which is pathetic. That's one of the reasons why I like NXT and it's crowd. Their more local & loyal. I'm surprised about Von Wagner, I guess Mr. Stone will be released too cause they built a big story with him and Wagner :roll: Gosh, what a darn shame that they released Xia Li, this is arguably the worst release of the bunch. She is a total package. She had such a great thing going for her but every time I'd see her on SmackDown LowDown she get's pinned and I'm like darn, is all she does is loses :roll: Since this age is unable to be creative and have jobbers & enhancement talent like in the 80s & 90s this is WWE's way of having a loser...yeah just bring up great talent from NXT and make them jobbers and waste them :wwsmh: :batsmh: :smsmh: Once in a blue moon there's a local guy or gal in NXT to lose against an up and comer or a return such as Shawn Spears in recent times.

Still even in the "new HHH Era" they still don't see the potential among other things in their talent, WWE has really been doing some International tours, many of these are from other countries. It's so amazing how they still have no clue how use Chinese talent :roll:

I dread it when Trick Williams makes it to the main roster because he's arguably the biggest babyface in the company, he get's such huge reactions from the crowd. I'm afraid when the crowd sees him their gonna be like who is this guy. Now imagine how it would be if everybody would watch NXT and the main roster stuff...it would be such a major difference then, you'd have anticipation of when are they going to be called up but unfortunately that isn't the case here :roll: It took forever for LA Knight to get his popularity going I mean honesty I thought he was going nowhere. I would love a bout between the two or even teaming up and the crowd chanting...Whoop That Trick...Yeah :!: Whoop That Trick...Yeah :!: Whoop That Trick...Yeah :!: Oh I can hear it now :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 pm

Cameron Grimes was ok. Didn't do much for me when he was Trevor Lee in TNA. The rest I know names but not really familiar with them besides Jinder. Don't hinder the Jinder. I liked Jinder. He was everything you'd want from a 'foreign' heel, and he didn't mind playing comedy. But he might be better off elsewhere. Sometimes people get stale if they stay around too long. WWE and AEW are so bloated anyway. I could see Jinder being a force in TNA or Japan if he chose to do so. It is weird that WWE was always about foreign markets, especially India, and the majority of these releases are Eastern Hemisphere. Who knows, maybe the Saudis told them to cut ties with India, lol. If Vince were still in charge, I could see that.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 am

Yeah, I see where your coming from PB. Hopefully Mahal will be a success elsewhere. Veer & Sanga might follow, their good too and who knows, that might have happen with Saudi...you never know :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT