Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Manitoba Melee!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri May 08, 2020 3:38 am

Lives are gonna be in the hands of Waylon Mercy... Ya know what I mean?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:40 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Man, being stuck in quarantine, I've been watching tons of old wrasslin'.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 am

Besides AEW and Darkside of the Ring I find myself not watching much wrestling. I skin NXT, and I did watch a little UWF after that crazy Herb Abrams DOTR episode, but mostly it's been on the backburner. I even listen to Busted Open a lot less with the exception of Thursday. I do listen to most Talk is Jericho eps, and I started to listen to 83 Weeks a little more. Need something in the background while I work on customs. But the current WWE product is just unwatchable, and I feel bad for Drew McIntyre, but it is what it is.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 am

I've watched a few Dark Side documentaries and 83 weeks sometimes but I'm on the fence about that Conrad guy. I've been watching mostly older libraries. Might watch some Mid South stuff.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:33 pm

I listen to 83 Weeks just to hear stories from Bischoff. Conrad is just a background noise that swears too much, lol. I'm not exactly podcast savvy, so I listen to the couple wrestling ones I know of. I'm sure there are probably other decent ones.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed May 20, 2020 2:46 am

I also listen to Jim Cornette's drive thru, Grilling JR and Hannibal's ahoot interviews. Just saw the Owen Hart Dark Side episode and it was pretty heart wrenching for me to get through.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Thought AEW Double or Nothing last night delivered pretty well. That Stadium Stampede match was one of the silliest, but most fun things I've witnessed in a long time. If nothing else, this no crowd era has brought some entertaining pre-shot dramas from both AEW and WWE that I'm not sure we would've had a chance to see otherwise.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am

Did you see the Riddle/Thatcher match from NXT last night? No way that takes place in front of a crowd. Crazy new cage design, some really intense stuff that requires close camerawork...It was something else.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc