Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Latest haul and what's new

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: Latest haul and what's new

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:57 am

Yeah, my workplace has a big Toys for Tots box set up, so I'll probably head to 5B and pick up some cool stuff for that. Lightsabers and Rey staffs for $5! (And a Rey staff for me. Don't judge.) I go hard. No dollar store toys for these kids, unless it's an Evilstick. Kids love those.

I had considered the Superfriends Aquaman for myself, but I already have so many Aquamen. Regular, DC/MOTU 2-pack, ocean camo, hook hand...My cup runneth over with Aquamen. And I'll probably pick up that awesome riding shark from the movie line.

I have to admit, I was thinking about Tiffany when I picked up that Cassie figure. So many DLC costumes...
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 am

Yeah, Five Below is nice for Toys for Tots. When I'm at the Dollar Tree around Christmas they also ask if you want to buy a toy for a kid for a $1. Of course I always do, but it's like, they're a $1. Not the greatest of toys. But at 5B you can get some good stuff for a nice price. That's great when you have three kids at home to shop for.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Oh, definitely. I worked for Dollar Tree for a few years. When we'd ask customers to donate to TfT, I made sure it was stuff like puzzles, coloring books, and Disney figurines. Stuff that a kid wouldn't feel cheated on.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm

So, I went to Wizard Madison over the weekend and saw a couple buddies who are comic shop owners and chatted with them (as well as buying comics - natch); bought 3 more of the Diamond Select Ghostbusters figures for $10 each that I needed for the rooftop diorama (still need 5 more); and met up with Matt Ryan, the one and only John Constantine too!

Those were the highlights: dealer selection was pretty pitiful, especially the large karaoke stage that was slaps you in the face as soon as you walk into the room; that has no place at a show. Neither does State Farm, who was also there. And don’t get me started on the POPS..

But other than that, a good and fun weekend
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 am

Went to PAX Unplugged in Philly this past weekend! Worked at a booth Friday, actually -- I helped out an indie RPG company, Flying Nightbear Games, run by a family who are neighbors of my gf. Got a weekend pass out of it!

Surprisingly didn't pick up any board games, although I finally got to play Who Goes There? and I'll be getting it eventually. Really rekindled my love of RPGs. Picked up both Tales from the Loop books, Ten Candles, To Serve Her Wintry Hunger, and Bubblegumshoe. Plus, Bill Amend, creator of FoxTrot was there! He was signing prints for $10, really excited about that.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am

Wal-Mart was weirdly awesome for me yesterday! They had just put out the Jazwares Fortnite figures, and I scored a Teknique, who's the main skin I use in the game. And it looked like they had cleared out the backroom, because I finally found a Marvel Legends comic Elektra! Really excited, I've been wanting that figure for months.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Been awhile since anyone posted a haul. I just got in a new BBTS order: Halloween II MEGO style Michael Myers, Halloween III MEGO style Trick or Treaters, Toony Terrors Ash and Count Orlok from Nosferatu, and a KidRobot Louise Belcher for my work desk. It's of her in her Dragon with a Girl Tattoo Halloween costume.

Also I preordered the new Taylor Swift album on vinyl. Taylor making a dream pop album works so weirdly well.

Anybody else get or order anything recently?

One last thing, but I'm worried about making you guys jealous. I am currently rocking this:
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:03 pm

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Here is a haul video that I did around Christmas.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Wow, olds. I had no idea you had a Youtube channel. That's very cool. I'll definitely watch and subscribe!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions