Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Latest haul and what's new

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: Latest haul and what's new

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Hey, does anyone have any of Fwoosh's Articulated Icons figures? I took a chance on the sale yesterday and picked up one of the samurai dudes to be the samurai guy in my Mythic Legions D&D party.

I'm really digging that the even-more-niche parts of the hobby are moving towards non-licensed material. I like that adaptability.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 pm

They look cool, but I'm cheap, lol. If I ever needed to make a six inch Storm Shadow though...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 am

Scored Gladiator and Wolverine from the Animated series figures today from Walgreens Woot!!!
thumbnail.jpg
Figure looks too much like the Animated version not to be
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 pm

Called Gamestop and they had one Dock Ock left!!! The employee was nice enough to set it aside for me and now I have Doctor Octopus for my Spider-Man to go up against lol
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:13 am

Ugh. Nice finds. I'm having a hard time even enjoying MLs this year. They're becoming Hydra, you finish one wave and three more take it's place.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Yeah, I got over my "MUST HAVE WHOLE LINE" thing back in the DCUC days when I was buying characters I didn't really care about. The other day I was thinking about how many figures in each wave I would've picked up if I just stuck to favorites and man, it's not many.

Picked up Songbird a couple weeks ago for my Thunderbolts display. I'm gonna pick up Black Knight whenever I see him on the shelves to hang out with Dr. Strange. I'm sure SDCC will announce one or two figures I want, but I'm pretty content ML-wise.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:43 pm

I was a completionist through DCUC. It wasn't until Legends started incorporating the MCU figs into waves that I stopped caring. If I need to an MCU figure for the BAF I'll wait until I can get it cheaper. If I don't care about the BAF because it's MCU but need the figure (ala Black Knight) I'll throw the BAF piece up on eBay ASAP. But honestly, I've thought of quitting MLs several times the last few months. Keeping up has become almost unfun with the sheer number of waves coming out this year. And you go to Target or Walmart and there's remnants of 5 or 6 waves on the shelf, I just don't see how they can move that stuff out fast enough.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I think it must be that remnants of 5 or 6 waves sell through faster and allow for more ordering of new stock than the remnants of two or three cases of the same wave. The DCUC era taught us how rough overstock could be. But I can't imagine what it must be like to try to keep up with all of it, unless someone's got the money to just preorder the full set for each wave.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:18 pm

My latest haul
2DDD6F21-6E36-4953-93C5-C8BCC563DD1B.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Found the following from a guy on FB Messenger; they’re part of an old furniture set during Jedi
5355F252-7060-4DDE-8F40-A40D2AA6AB66.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions