Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:35 pm

The saddest part is, must've these people making these Star Wars fan videos could've probably have come up with a better sequel trilogy than what we got stuck with.

I loved Brisco Count Jr. And this was a few years before I'd even seen Army of Darkness or Evil Dead, so it may've been my first introduction to Bruce Campbell. In fact, back then if I had to choose one show getting a second season between Brisco County and X-Files, I would've probably picked Brisco County Jr. I just love comedy. I loved the X-Files, too, but there was just something charming about Brisco County Jr. Sadly, it's one of those shows that was gone too soon like Firefly and LA to Vegas.

Did you ever catch Jack of All Trades?

Maybe I'll find a longer clip from that show soon but today I wanted to post this...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 am

Comedy is good. I know very little about Jack of All Trades. What I do is that Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme song for it who also composed the Evil Dead & Army of Darkness scores that starred Bruce Campbell :shock: As I said before, when you get into the music & composers, it's so fun to but then you'll be like holy crap when you discover they wrote more than one movie and/or TV show that has nothing to do with each that stars the same people :o You can find such new good music to listen to and cool new things to watch that you never knew about or perhaps just haven't seen in ages. I've known and done this for a very long time and I still do and sometimes I'm still surprised about it :)

Still I think Fallon looks like Mike Myers...that's cool they did that with the original cast :shock:

That's a possibility, there's still some creative & passionate people out there with fan fiction...too bad Hollywood doesn't look at them and give them the light of day :roll: Okay, next is this one called TURNCOAT by BullMoose Films. Here's the Teaser Trailer :)

Here's the Full Movie :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:08 pm

You actually played this one a while back. Not the trailer, though. I ran out of time for May the 4th for this one, but why not now...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 20, 2024 7:25 am

It's still May so...besides, SW is good all year round ;) I never seen that Bob Hope Scar Wars for Christmas :scbat: :scww: :scsm: That was pretty good. I found that very interesting that Hope chose that outfit :shock: Oh and isn't it weird, the first SW was called "A New Hope" and Bob Hope does this :batshock: Ah what a climax there with the real Luke Skywalker :!:

Ah shucks, I hate it when I do when it's unintentional, it just wastes a slot, entries and effort here but we've both done it on more than one occasion and it's really no big deal ;) Like I said the other day when I posted Shamrock & Severn, those was different plus I wanted to relive it again ;)

Okay, now here's this one. This video is from Bat in the Sun which I will talk about that video in a moment but I want to introduce you to them. Bat in the Sun is arguably THE best fan film makers which they actually have a big following. I've been following them since basically they started in 2012. Their huge in DC & Marvel which it's like why hasn't anybody ever talked about them here :? I attempted to long ago like 10 years or so here but there seemed to very little interest in these great fan films so I just stopped :roll: So let's try it again, shall we :?: Now follow Me here :) Bat in the Sun is created by Aaron Schoenke whom is a great martial artist...he plays characters himself including a superb Joker & Nightwing which he does his own stunts as well. He's done Power Rangers with THE JASON DAVID FRANK actually reprising his role too which I'm very surprised that Acid never spoke of this. Okay, their main attraction is Super Power Beat Down which is a fighting show of short episodes of dream matches that you'd only see in WWE 2K Video Games & people's fan fiction with action figures and so forth. They have a great introduction with their logo. You then see the nice looking Marisha Ray whom is an Uber-Nerd, an actress & voice actor. She's known for her Video Game roles and in fact she voiced a female commander in the first SW Battlefront :shock: She's at Collector Paradise in Pasadena California with two experts. Every video has a debate of who will win. This is only Bat in the Sun's SECOND video that they made and their this good already :shock: This match-up is Darth Vader vs. Gandalf the Grey :o You know I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I'm also a big Lord the Rings fan too so when I first saw this over a decade ago I was pretty stoked. This is very authentic for both franchises. They have a fan poll at the end of the video of who will win. Here's the video :)

What is your thoughts about that one PB :?: So I'm thinking of posting a topic of Bat in the Sun Videos. Since this is a DC place, its like why isn't there any talk of Bat in the Sun :? Well, I think I'm going to do that in time :batwink: They have Marvel vs. DC, Mortal Kombat vs. The Power Rangers. Michael Myers in the Arkham Asylum, great looking women characters and even Godzilla which I'll see about posting the Godzilla in the MionsterVerse Topic in time as well. I like how they debate in the comic shop, kinda old school which I miss those days but with them it still happens :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:25 pm

Mashups are kind of weird. That was alright. I would've picked Vader to win as well, I mean he already defeated two elderly magicians of sort, lol.

Well, 31 years ago today 42.4 million people tuned in to watch the final episode of Cheers making it the 5th most watched TV episode of all-time at that point in history (the finale of M.A.S.H> being #1)

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 21, 2024 7:29 am

They can be. I've always liked dream matches like that. Oh Vader, no question about it. That was some Cheers, of course MASH would be #1. What's the point of life? I've always been a person of wonder wanted to know the truth about what's beyond our world and so forth and I've asked that question to Myself many times plus who created us, why and so on. I don't think we're a random creation but we were abandoned & manipulated...most of this world is distracted by so much nonsense, most of today's societies doesn't even care about the important questions anymore and that's all I'm gonna say about that. That was something with Kirstie Alley there, she was such a sweet part of Cheers. I thought it was very apropos how it ended there :)

OK, in My Star Wars Collection Topic a while back I showed My cool cross over figures of SW & Star Trek...well several years ago ScreenRant made a simple yet great one of them together. Here's this cool one :)

Tomorrow I have another but that one is incredible :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:51 pm

Haven't seen any of the newer Star Trek films, just never was that much into non-Shatner ST.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 22, 2024 6:37 am

That Wonder Years scene was very sweet, kinda reminds Me of a time I had with a girlfriend when I was that age ;) Now see how good & slow paced that scene was :?: It focused on the whole matter, you will not see anything even remotely close in this day & age as everything is rushed and people looking into phones rather than the person's eyes their with. I find that scene extremely pleasing and I mean heck it was 1990 :)

By the way, I'm with Woody, I hate change too :roll: I like the newer Star Trek films. I was bummed for while after I saw the first one 15 years ago this year in 2009 because I was expecting the origins of how all of the Starfleet and how they made space travel possible and all of that but it wasn't ever the focus, just Kirk's dad and really that's as far as it went when origins were concerned then on top of that when the new young Spock met the old Spock which was actually Leonard Nimoy, it made the prequel actually into a reboot :roll: The next ones were fine. I love how J.J. Abrams makes his films which he's kinda like Spielberg and he's the only director to ever direct a Star Trek film and a Star Wars film :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: the scores were just as dynamics as the originals by Michael Giacchino, he really knocked it out of the park with all three films :)

Now here's this huge fan film called Galactic Battles...it's a big crossover between Star Wars & Star Trek and the two big video game franchises Halo & Mass Effect :o It's truly an incredible fan film of dream sequences one never though woudl ever happen :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:07 pm

Cool, effects. Don't know much about those games though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 23, 2024 5:27 am

That was a fine episode there. I don't know them as much as I know Doom. II know Doom as much as I do SW & ST. I just have the Halo 4 game for My Xbox 360 and Mass Effect 3 for My Wii U. I always thought that Halo was like the Doom impostor game and the younger people and of this generation think it was the greatest thing and I'm like...people...Doom was first. Mass Effect was really good by EA and was a cool alien & space game.

Here's this cool mashup trailer called Galaxy at War featuring Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, Mass Effect, Doom & Dead Space :o

I'll post the second one tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions