Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Shelves for figures...

The central catch all topic for your collections! Share all of your awesome collections/display setups that you've built and see what others have put together!

Re: Shelves for figures...

Postby Avalon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh no! Hopefully the water damage is from an aquarium or a leaky pipe and not from an act of god scenario. :batsad:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Tango X » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Really awesome job, Rex. It's going to look incredible when you get everything up on those shelves.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby tonyrome » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Rex Mason wrote:As for playsets and vehicles on the floor, I'm a little worried as while painting, we noticed some water damage on the wood from years ago. There's been no signs of moisture down there since we've lived here, but I don't want to take any chances if some sort of flooding would happen...

I would go talk to the neighbors and find out if your in an area that floods out. Hopefully it was just a busted pipe or a clogged toilet that overflowed. if your in a bad area(high water table)I would invest in a quality sump pump.

Your shelves are looking great.. I cannot wait to see your figures all set up.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I'll be able to post some pictures soon. I just ordered the last six shelves that will complete the bottom two rows of the display. I have the six top shelves filled up already, but I'm really excited to add my Movie Masters, DCDirect Elseworlds figures and 1966 toys to the display. I'm hoping I have room left to include my Corgi/Hot Wheels Batmobile collection, but I'm not sure if it'll fit.

As for the water, we've had no problems so far, and the area doesn't flood, according to the neighbors and the inspector. There are a few barely noticeable patches on the ceiling, so I'm hoping it was all a pipe issue...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Hey Rex,

Is there a bathroom right above or above/adjacent to the basement room? We have a similar setup and have some water marks on the ceiling tiles that we figured out was from a leak in the tub/ledge caulking...it's been fixed and no new or previously enlarged spots occurring.

Just a thought and can't wait to see the setup
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:54 pm

The kitchen is above it. We actually just had a new dishwasher put in, and the installer did it incorrectly, resulting in water leaking just a few feet away from my computer. So besides the shelving and painting, there's been a variety of ceiling and plumbing guys in and out of her the last few months. It's been a little hectic, but at least the home warranty people are covering all the damage...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:07 pm

So after lots of painting, Windexing and unpacking, the Batcave is close to finished. I just need to add a few pictures on the walls in certain areas, and I have two more bookshelves to add, but it's in a pretty presentable state. So without further ado, the shelves:

Shelves 1.JPG
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Shelves 5.JPG
Shelves 2.JPG
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner