Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Elementary, My Dear p.80

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Yeah, the greenshirt Joes are on the 25th bodies that don't really look great anymore. I've seen a few customs using the new Stalker mold and that would make for a nice greenshirt Joe. I'd buy a bunch of the Cobra female trooper but she was only in the 50th three packs when I wasn't paying much attention to the line (I have one) and versions in the Club that aren't cheap. But I remember various versions of Blowtorch sitting around TRU for years. Toy companies still don't get it for some reason.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs MTFBWY p. 81

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:05 pm

Here's a couple Star Wars customs I finished up recently. Well, the Luke is mostly a few part swaps and I repainted the Jedi Knight tunic because it was an odd greyish color that didn't look right, but I wanted a <spoiler> Mando Luke and got tired of waiting for the slow trickle from Hasbro. I'm sure he's around the corner, but I can always find another place for this Luke if need be.

The female is Ysanne Isard, she was the Director of Imperial Intelligence during the Galactic War then actually ruled the Galactic Empire after the death of Palpatine in the Expanded Universe novels and Darkhorse comics.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Looking good bud! If I knew how to sew I’d be making cloaks and capes for all that need them…
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:32 pm

I gave it the good ol college try making a cape for my Moff Gideon but couldn't get the cut right no matter how many times I tried. Just not my thing.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Ease on down the road p 81

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Here's a DC commission I finished a while ago, just never got around to posting the pictures. This was the last of a four pack I did including Kite Man, Rainbow Raider, and The Shade.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Sisters, doing it for themselves p8

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Finished some new Star Wars customs. I had to get away from Mandalorian customs because even though I really like my versions, it's obvious they're going to burn through the bigger characters due to the popularity of the show so my time would be better served with characters less likely to see Hasbro plastic.

The first is Darth Zannah, who was the apprentice to Darth Bane after the seven battles on the planet Ruusan all but wiped out the Sith's Brotherhood of Darkness leaving only Bane. Before leaving the planet he came across a little girl who had killed two Jedi after they had murdered an animal friend of hers. Sensing the power inside of her, he took her with him and trained her as his apprentice until many years later when she eventually bested him i combat thanks to her mastery of Sith sorcery. There aren't really many official images of her as an adult since she appeared mostly in the Bane Trilogy novels but she was described to be blonde and unusually pretty, so I got to do something I've never really done and that's attempt to craft a design of my own, and this was what I came up with...

And this brings us to the Tonnika Sisters who I actually finished a few weeks ago but wanted to wait for the Cantina set to come in from HasbroPulse for a picture. The Tonnika Sisters, like many of the best Star Wars characters appeared on screen for mere seconds in the Cantina scene of A New Hope. Listed as just "Space Girls" they were eventually identified as Brea (in blue) and Sennin (green) Tonnika, identical twin con artists from Kiffar. Except, they were portrayed by separate actresses who weren't identical (or even the same height)so it was further retconned that the two in the Cantina were Mistryl Shadow Guard warriors Shada D'ukal and Karoly D'ulin, masquerading as the Tonnika Sisters in the course of a mission. But whatever you choose, I went with the appearance of the actresses on film for painting these cool Tonnika Sister heads I got from Watto's Scarpyard on eBay.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Sisters, doing it for themselves p

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Expertly done sir!!! Tonnika sisters are beautiful
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks, IS
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:29 am

Huh, I didn't know that about Rocky and Joes. Shame they couldn't do it.

Wow, your custom of Rocky is great, looks a lot like him. His face looks to be inspired by Rocky IV? I'm sure he is an OOAK :!: That's cool you put Rocky Balboa vs. Big Boa :lol: Makes sense and it's kinda funny at the same time. That would have been one heck of a boxing match believe you Me :o Great job PB :batshock: Ya know, the way you made him, he would be a very convincing Cobra too...from THE MOVIE COBRA, NOT the Joe enemy :lol: Anyway, I loved Cobra, it's such an underrated 80s classic :roll:

Yeah, "Refrigerator" Perry. While it was questionable about him being in Joes at first, his look was great and fit in IMO and he was actually one of My faves within the whole line. In fact, I featured his figure along with another fave, Sgt Slaughter in My Vintage Action Figure topic too, if you haven't seen'em then please check'em out --> You can see them HERE! And oh yes I remember him eliminating Big John Studd :)

I'll look through this topic off and on and see your other stuff :) Amazing how this topic became so huge then everybody left and became spectators...the thing to do I guess :roll:

I just briefly saw your recent ones: Ysanne Isard is terrific, you even made her hair and eyes like they really were...awesome :smgasp: Darth Zannah is great, love her eyes :!: SW Sisters, I take the latter of their story...they are not twins. You made them SUPERB :batshock: I'll look at your other stuff in time PB :batsmile: :wwsmile: :smsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Yeah, Big Boa was created specifically by Hasbro to be a foil for Rocky, but then things went south. I always wondered if that's why they gave the Fridge that weird clubby weapon, so it at least looked like something to combat Big Boa with. I don't know. Thanks for checking the thread out. I may have a few new SWs customs done shortly.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs