Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Sisters, doing it for themselves p

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:00 am

Your welcome PB. Nope, didn't know that and you could be right.

On, sounds good :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 am

I should have an Iktochi, and possibly a certain ice cream man (stop him when he's passing by!) done soon. Stay tuned.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:37 am

Sounds cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs I'm Your Ice Cream Man... pg. 82

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:47 pm

"I'm your ice cream man
Stop me when I'm passin' by
I'm your ice cream man
Stop me when I'm passin' by
See all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy"

Sure, you have the stories of Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker, but even the characters who are on screen for seconds in Star Wars grow to have stories told about them. Aurra Sing was on screen in the Phantom Menace for a split second, but went on to become one of the most feared bounty hunters in comics and the Clone Wars cartoon. I already mentioned the Tonnika Twins and their history. And then The Empire Strikes Back brought us this legend....

Who was that man? Why that was Willrow freakin' Hood!

You see this cat Willrow is bad mother...

Shut your mouth!

Parts:
Head and torso cast from Two Suns
Modified lower torso, neck peg, and shoulderbrackets from GB Ray Stanz
Legs and upper arms from X-Wing Luke
Lower arms from Rebel Fleet Trooper

The second custom was the apprentice for Darth Zannah, a prior custom, and former apprentice to Darth Bane. Like Zannah, Cognus only appeared in the Darth Bane trilogy novels, so there aren't any actual canon images of her outside of some random artists renditions, so it allowed me to pick and choose what I thought would look good. Here's more on Cognus...

Parts list:
3D head from Watto's Scrapyard
Torso ML Mantis
Legs MCU Sif
Arms MCU Thena
Hands ML Hellcat
Belt Snakes Eyes Movie Baroness
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Absolutely gorgeous Ice Cream Man…while I have no clue who Darth Zanna is, she has been expertly made!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:37 pm

Thanks. She's from the Darth Bane books. I'm not much for reading novels these days either, but I found audio book versiosn of them online, and they're cool to listen to while doing customs.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:12 am

Man, love that Ice Cream Man. Those details on his arm, I almost thought they were icecream scoops. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:38 pm

:o PB, you outdid yourself, this was something for somebody only seen literally for A SECOND :batshock: I have seen some characters that had tiny parts for only seconds like your Twins impostors but this is totally unreal :!: You captured him so much, even made him chunky with the big belly and his face is spot on :wwshock: Amazing how you did this, you made all the detail that was possible even with his ice-cream thingy :smgasp: This is your best one that I have seen yet :!:

I must say Darth Zannah is great too, I love her head sculpt, you made here wonderful too PB...a really great menacing Sith indeed :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:20 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. If Hasbro keeps raising prices all I'll have left are new customs.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but these look great :batgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs