Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Sith Legacy pg 83

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:18 pm

Well, here's the Darth Talon I've been painting. If you've never read the Star Legacy from Darkhorse comics, it's worth a read (it was written by the legendary John Ostrander of Suicide Squad fame with great art by Jan Duuresma). Darth Talon was a Sith Apprentice to the Sith Lord Darth Krayt who has a sordid history of his own. She basically looks like Fran Frazetta was given the creative wheel for a day at Darkhorse, lol. It's a great design. I'd love to take credit for the sculpt but the majority of the figure is a 3D print I got off Shapeways I did swap out the hands for some Marvel Legends hands for some flexibility in the hands to insert and remove the lightsaber, but besides that and the tunic, everything else was ready made. I just had to paint and assemble, which due to all the Sith tattoos and plate armor wasn't exactly easy, but I'm really happy with the results. The tattoos were mostly part of the print, but that didn't make painting them all any easier.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:15 am

Wow, very very cool. You did an excellent job and looks like that 3D print turned out great, too!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:25 am

The neat thing about Shapeways is you buy the item, and they print it, so it doesn't ship if it's imperfect. I don't usually completely disassemble a figure before paintings, so this was a different experience of painting all the parts, then sealing, then assembling.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:25 pm

She is incredible, she looks like she just came out of the comics :o LITERALLY :shock: No joke, I mean that :) Like I said PB, I really liked her which really got Me into Legacy. Her attire is very good. I must say you got her boobs down pat and I'm not saying that to be funny or anything, I mean they look good :batblush: Even more is the tattoos, that is arguably the biggest kudos here :wwshock: Her face is just pure beauty when it comes to making her the real thing. Darth Talon is the best one I have seen from you PB...congrats :smwink: :batwink: :wwwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Stunning

3-D print aside, your paintwork is exquisite too
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:14 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it.

Brandon, in my head I have plans for Cade Skywalker, Deliah Blue, Morrigan Corde, Anatres Draco, Ganner Krieg, maybe Marisiah Fel, and parts for Darth Krayt I'd like to get to soon. But I'm kind of OCD so who knows what will take my attention next. I already have several works started on the table and none from that list, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:48 pm

Great job as usual PB!!! I always like Talon
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:22 am

PB, sounds great, I would love to see Deliah Blue & Marisiah Fel, they were two other women I really liked in the series and SW in general but Darth Krayt was awesome, I thought he was the coolest looking Sith of all. Do who you want next PB, you gotta do who you want and put all the effort you can into'em ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Toons and Tatooines p 83

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:06 pm

I never read the post-ROTJ novels when they came out, and at this point there's way too many for me to even attempt reading them. But i can still appreciate all the cool characters from them and the comics.

Tahiri Veila was the granddaughter of a Jedi of the Old Order, Veila was born on the planet Tatooine to a pair of moisture farmers, Tryst and Cassa Veila. After the deaths of her parents, an orphaned Veila was adopted by the leader of a Tusken Raider tribe who raised her as one of the Sand People. Around 22 ABY, Jedi Master Tionne Solusar discovered Veila's connection to the Force and brought her to the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4. She then formed a friendship with a fellow Jedi Initiate named Anakin Solo, a grandson of the Jedi Chosen One Anakin Skywalker. The experiences of her childhood on Tatooine ultimately caused Veila to develop a particular trait that she retained well into adulthood: a phobia for footwear. After spending her first years on a surface covered mostly by hot sand, Veila reveled in her new-found freedom as a Jedi to walk barefoot whenever she pleased. She loved the sensation of feeling the cold surface of the Great Temple on Yavin 4 with her feet. With few exceptions, Veila spent most of her young life without shoes.

Agent Aleksandr Kallus

Alexsandr Kallus was a human male revolutionary who served as an agent of the Imperial Security Bureau, operating number ISB-021, before becoming a rebel spy in the formative days of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
As an Imperial operative, Kallus was a firm believer in bringing order to the galaxy. He worked to suppress dissent on numerous worlds, fighting against the insurgency of Saw Gerrera on Onderon, participating in the genocide on Lasan, and leading the hunt for the rebels of the Ghost on Lothal. His efforts on Lothal were largely unsuccessful, leading to an escalation of force against the growing rebellion in the form of both Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, Governor of the Outer Rim Territories, and the Sith Lord Darth Vader.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Toons and Tatooines p 83

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:05 am

Wow, great figures that you made PB, terrific job on them :!:

Alexsandr Kallus looks superb :wwwink:

Tryst Veila is really nice :smwink: She is part of the legends thanks to Disney. The original EU WAS great & the sequel trilogy was going to be much better IMO.

Great customs again PB :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs