Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Bane & Ben p 84

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:36 am

Hey, thanks for commenting. Always appreciate replies.

Who's next?

Well, I've got an Anakin Solo started on the table to finish off the Solo kids. Other than that I haven't started on anyone. Like with DCUC I have about 100 ideas spinning in my head on who I want to make, it's just a question of who catches my fancy.

I'll tell you what, I'll let you decide! Right now I have heads and parts floating around for planned customs of:

Githany from the Bane Trilogy

Lumiya

Admiral Daala

Cade Skywalker & Deliah Blue

Biggs Darklighter, Jek Porkins, Garvin Dreis, Davish Krail, Jon Vander, the Rebel Pilots from ANH (I've had heads and helmet decals for them for almost two years now, just haven't started on them)

Rook Kast and Gar Saxon from Star Wars Rebels

Antares Draco & Ganner Kreig

Quinlan Vos

Here's my workstation for some idea of the mess, lol...
You can see some of the heads sitting there, Lumiya, the Rebel Fleet, Antares, Cade.

So if you want, pick two sets from that list, and that's what I'll do next.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Bane & Ben p 84

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:32 pm

I'm not a huge, huge SW guy, but I have a figure of Lumiya because I like her design so much. So I'm voting her.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Mara, Mara on the wal...p 84

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:33 pm

I've been thinking of Lumiya for a longtime. Just not sure how to approach her design yet.

Finally solved the Crix Madine doesn't match his figure problem. Saw this on his wiki page :

He was played by the Irish actor Dermot Crowley.When Crowley first walked onto the set he was smooth-faced and the crew presented him with a false beard insisting that he had to wear it. The Kenner Products toy company had already begun pre-production on Madine's action figure, and, since that toy sported a beard, Crowley had to match.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:41 am

Well cool. See, that's why one shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, I always go for all the options before I jump to conclusions.

OK, well, if it would be Me and I've I already did others, I would want to get more to go with'em or complete'em especially if something hasn't been made before. I complain so many times about companies making the same stuff over and over...I see customizers doing the same. I want different ones that never were made before...IMO who cares about what sells and all that jazz.

With that being said and being a big Star Wars fan, I would do Deliah Blue & Cade Skywalker if I had the talent. I mean you already did some of the major Legacy characters, these are quite important especially Skywalker. I have always liked Deliah, almost as much as Darth Talon. So this is what I would do. I mean their your figures and your making them, this is just Me saying this PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:46 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack p. 85

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:56 pm

2023 was a slow year for me with customs. The kids are getting older, staying up later. getting involved in more activities, etc. So it feels like I've been working on these commissions for the better part of a year because I think I started them around March. But they're done now, the only bad thing is they won't be in my possession much longer. Hoping to be a bit more active in galaxy far, far away in 2024, but until then...

Hi-Jack

Felix Faust

Pied Piper

Mordru the Merciless
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:35 am

I know what you mean PB :roll:

Wow, all of these are incredible looking. To be honest I'm really not familiar with them except a little bit of Pied Piper. Mordu & Felix looks like they could fit in with MOTUC. My favorite of the foursome is Hi-Jack. I love how he looks like a 3D version of a Jack in Playing Cards come to life :) These are remarkable PB and look like they were fun to make :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:55 am

Thanks for commenting. They were a fun challenge, but a pain in the butt for various reasons. I'm surprised you don't know Faust, he was mainly a JLA villain and in many of the cartoons like Justice League Unlimited and The Super Powers Show (the last season of the 80s Super Friends Show). Mordru was more of a Legion of Super-Heroes villain though debuted facing the JLA/JSA in one of the Earth 2 crossovers of the 60s. Hi-Jack was the Jack of Spades from the Royal Flush Gang when he decided to strike out on his own. They're a nice assortment of villains I wish I could keep, but as AC/DC sang, money talks, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:07 am

It's always proper to respond when somebody does hard work one way or another ;) I really never watched JLA Unlimited and I wasn't faithful watching DCSP. Good trivia there. Yes, Money Money. Your Welcome :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Action Figure Customs