Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: JRNY to K-Mart Plaza!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Super Naturals & Mo

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Wow, you keep bringing more and more nostalgia to the table, man. Great stuff and great descriptions, too. Love reading all of it. I can't believe you got Super Naturals. The commercials were amazing for these toys. I am a total mark for toys that integrated holograms.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:22 pm

Sectaurs give me bad memories. When I was a kid my parents allowed me to take garbage bags full of great 80s toys like He-Man, Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. and sell them for a couple hundred dollars that I turned around and blew on Sectaurs toys at ChildWorld. I still think they're kind of cool, but I can't look at them and not feel a bit sad. There should be some law against that. Maybe Macualey Culkin had the right idea.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:47 am

AcidDragon wrote:Wow, you keep bringing more and more nostalgia to the table, man. Great stuff and great descriptions, too. Love reading all of it. I can't believe you got Super Naturals. The commercials were amazing for these toys. I am a total mark for toys that integrated holograms.

Well thank you AcidDragon, I really appreciate all of that very much. I try to bring some good times here and hope that what I do is liked. Yes, like I said, the line didn't go over well but decades later now look. Also, since you like the holograms, as I said earlier n in My post, I will showcase The Visionaries as they had they same but I have much more before that however so in time My friend. :batsmile:

packerbacker180 wrote:Sectaurs give me bad memories. When I was a kid my parents allowed me to take garbage bags full of great 80s toys like He-Man, Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. and sell them for a couple hundred dollars that I turned around and blew on Sectaurs toys at ChildWorld. I still think they're kind of cool, but I can't look at them and not feel a bit sad. There should be some law against that. Maybe Macualey Culkin had the right idea.

Really bad to hear and know that dude :? Its sounds awful for your childhood. I had no idea about this :(

OK, just in case your wondering about the 90s. I have a ton to showcase from that great decade as well but I gotta do the 80s first ;) I am gonna post more great vintage figures from the 80s soon, there is still so much more to showcase and some is going to be really great, obscure, surprising and even what I consider to be a "holy grail" of figures. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Centurions and More

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 am

So here we go with yet another mixed update but this will be quite the special one. I have been longing to present this for a long while now. What I will showcase is brief entries of the universes of The Centurions, Bravestarr and Captain Power! When I was little I either never faithfully wanted them like a fool or My Parents couldn't find anymore for Me. I look back on these guys from all of those years ago to this very moment how I miss those times and really regret not getting more of them then or even making up for when I could have gotten them in the 2000s instead of buying things that were hundreds of dollars that I sold off recently...so very pathetic :roll: Inbound is the showcase :D

Dr. Terror the Evil Genius from The Centurions: Power Xtreme! This was based from the animated series of the same title from 1985-1986 and the figures were made by Kenner!. My Mom got Me this figure of Dr. Terror. She also got Me at least one other that I recall which was Ace McCloud but unfortunately I misplaced him and possibly others but fortunately I still have Dr. Terror intact. Gosh, I remember Me playing with him at My Mom's old but great house on the back-steps in the back yard while she was doing yard work and planting those miniature tomatoes...ah those memories :(

Here he is without his helmet, so classic looking!

He has several POA having cut neck as does his additional silver cranium, a decent right shoulder & hip, hinges at the right elbow and both knees and some other POA on his left side. His feature was that his exploded into half and shot a missile from his left arm cannon. I have sadly misplaced his projectile.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:23 am

Tex Hex the Terrible from Bravestarr made by Mattel! He was the villain from one of My all-time faves next to MOTU. The cartoon show ran from 1987 - 1989. My Grandma got Me him. I remember thinking how different the figures were compared to MOTU despite being made by the same company and the cartoons were very similar. This was the only Bravestarr figure I ever got and unfortunately Mattel never revived the series and has since become a cult classic by some yet forgotten by others :roll: I felt back during the MattyCollector days that Bravestarr could have easily been made into the MOTUC crossing over with it or on its own like before but Mattel was being Mattel :x Tex has several POA and rather good ones I must say and I wonder why Mattel among other companies didn't continue this trend because I feel that the concept was before it's time and quite ideal. Overy time the type is really scarce and I have only seen a very small amount of figures over that last decade with a body and articulation like this. Tex is a large figure, even larger than Dr. Terror at about 8" or so. He has a nice neck acting similar like a ball, ranging shoulders, elbows hinge & twist and wrist as well, hips go in and out and has hinged knees. The sculpting is quite great and I love his silver hair. I misplaced his hat. I love his duel knives that sheath from his bandoleer and I dig his hand gun. His rifle is also quite sweet. Most of his weapons store on his body!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 am

Lord Dread the Evil Mastermind from Captain Power: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future made by Mattell! This was a live action/CGI/animated TV show that aired from 1987 - 1988. Such a dandy. My Grandparents got Me him for Christmas. I just loved this guy and face-wise IMO I always thought he kinda resembled Dr. Terror the Evil Genius from The Centurions, such a classic 80s cyborg design. Now he is much, much smaller than the two other figures that I have showcased here. He is about 3 3/4" or 1:18 scale. The sculpting is quite good. I have always loved the material that he is made out of. In fact he has about three different ones, two that are plastic which one is a typical type while the other is really smooth. Now the sweet one is the vac metal and it's really shiny! He has a neck cut, ball-jointed shoulders and hips and hinged elbows and knees. I misplaced his purple cloth cape and his weapon but at least he still looks great!

BONUS STUFF!

Bravestarr's Tex Hex and MOTU's Prince Adam

Group shot!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:27 am

OH WAIT A MINUTE, I just found another Captain Power figure! Holy sci-fi! It's Blastarr Ground Guardian! I have misplaced his gun but I'm so glad that I found him. His sculpting is very good and looks like a classic 80s robot! He has cut shoulders and hips and having hinged elbows & knees.

Here is Blastarr Ground Guardian next to Lord Dread the Evil Mastermind!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 am

SUPER BONUS GALLERY!

The Centurions PRESTO MAGIX! I found this recently and I was really surprised and happy when I did. I had forgotten how I loved Presto Magix. My Grandma got Me a lot of them. Presto Magix was a cool dry-transfer picture sheets and were published/made by the American Publishing Company of Watertown, Massachusetts. They made tons of great stuff back in the day...when the days were fun and creative. Here it is in all of it's glory as Dr. Terror the Evil Genius will show you!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 am

Special Goin' down Memory Lane Section!

At around the same time I got Lord Dread the Evil Mastermind from Captain Power, I thought he resembled The Mandroid from the quite underrated sci-fi action movie called The Eliminators from 1986. I had just loved that movie then when I was little and this has always stuck with Me ever since :o

Also, around the same time I got Tex Hex, My Grandma rented Me The House movies from 7-Eleven of all places just down the street of her old house. I just loved those horror movies and to this day they are some of My most cherished childhood films ever. My favorite one was House II: The Second Story from 1987. There I thought it's un-dead outlaw villain named Slim Reeser looked like Tex Hex. Heck, I am so glad that I was a kid during this fun and great time :shock:

Well, that's all for now, I hope you have enjoyed this :) I have much, much more 80s goodness to showcase and some will be really surprising and you won't believe it. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: G.I. Joes Mail-Ins!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:16 am

First off, since this update was not too long after My good previous one, please make to to check out My Centurions, Bravestarr and Captain Power + SPECIAL BONUS showcase:!:

YO JOE! Yes, finally a G.I. Joe update to My great vintage action figure topic! So, long story short, I have a huge collection of Joes but like My MOTU, I played hard with them back in the day and later on I didn't take care of them at all. However. I did keep My most prestige vintage 80s Joes in decent condition. These Joes are none other than 3 Mail-In editions that was so big for me back then. My Grandma got all of them for Me in the later 80s. You also would have to send in a required amount of Flag Points along with a real low amount of cash & shipping, something that was awesome back then and that I really miss something great that is truly "missing" over the decades in this "whatever" era we are in at the moment.

Now, I missed placed their bio cards but here they are in all their glory + bonuses :batsmile:

Sgt. Slaughter: NOTE: Previously seen in My great vintage wrestling figure topic. A WWE Hall of Famer and former world champion, this figure was a special mail-in and was one of the first Joes that "really" got Me into the franchise. Technically not a wrestling figure but he was such a major favorite of mine back then and when the animated movie was out about 87. I have taken care of him ever since so thank goodness that I did :)

The Fridge - William "Refrigerator" Perry! Yes the great former football player was a part of G.I. Joe and yet another personality that was in wrestling but he is really only famous for his short stint in the WWF at the Wrestlemania 2 Battle Royal and many, many years later would be inducted in the "Celebrity Wing" of the WWE Hall of Fame. I wasn't into Football but I just loved this figure back then in 1987 and beyond. Check out his huge football-chain mallet plus look at his copyright as well! He has always been in a special place for Me in My collection :smsmile:

Brandon the Steel Brigader: Yes, another mail-order in 1988 but he was a personalized figure that he could have your name! Oh man I remember the coolness that the cardbacks, ads, & flyers had of this concept. I thought it was really cool then. I have always loved his overall design especially his helmet. I unfortunately misplaced his badge and original weapon but I have taken care of him otherwise ;)

Group Shot!

BONUS STUFF!

Sgt. Slaughter's Stand and ads!: Look at that classic stuff and those affordable prices, gosh I miss that :roll:

Brandon the Steel Brigader's ad!

Well, that's all for now, don't forget to check out My stuff that I presented earlier or anything else you have missed. Next up will be My showcase of REMCO'S Commando Force & Desert Patrol! Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions