Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Um... Okay now I definitely need to buy these. Those photos show you so much more of what you're going to get. Those are dream accessories for me like the Deadman phasing attachment. Depending on the price point, this could be amazing value.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Likewise....they're $21.99 at BBTS right now
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:52 pm

That's incredible! I'm going to wait it out to verify the scale, except with the Flash. Then I'm going to buy them for sure if they scale well with DCUC.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Truwe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:23 pm

With Toy Fair done with, did they say anything on how many waves they are planning on doing? I think most DCC waves last anywhere from three to five waves but it seems like they are mixing in the New 52 (or whatever they are going to call it post Convergence) I could see if they wanted to go the distance. The fact that I don't see a Joker, New 52 Batman, and a version of Wonder Woman leads me to believe this will go past wave three.

All speculation of course, but in all honesty, making Batman figures is DCC's way of printing their own money.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:05 am

I watched an interview with Pixel Dan and it sounds like that they would like to keep this line going as long as they can since they get to pull characters from any time and story.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:54 pm

That's beautiful news.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Here is the interview around 18:30 he mentions that they have long plans for this line.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm officially all in with that news!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

DC Comics Icon Series Articulation Breakdown

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:38 am

https://www.facebook.com/DCCollectibles?fref=nf
We've got the answer to one of your frequently asked questions about the DC Collectibles unveiled at Toy Fair. Are you ready to see the complete anatomy articulation breakdown for our new DC Comics Icons Action Figures?

Full Article:
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/03/05/dc-collectibles-the-anatomy-of-our-newest-action-figures
Last week, we asked for your questions about the new DC Collectibles that were unveiled at Toy Fair, and ever since then, the queries have been rolling in. We thought we’d start with one of the most frequently asked: How many points of articulation will be included in the new DC Comics Icons Action Figure line?

Well, to give you a good answer to that one, we need to backtrack a bit. In May of 2014 during our 100,000 Facebook Likes celebration, we asked you, the fans, how much articulation you preferred in your DC Collectibles action figures. The overwhelming vote was for as much articulation as possible. With that sort of response, we couldn’t help but hear you loud and clear, so during the development of the new Icons line, we aimed to develop a universal model that would load up our figures with articulation points.

Below is the complete anatomy articulation breakdown for our new DC Comics Icons Action Figures. Pretty cool, eh?
DCC-Icon-Breakdown.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:57 am

All right, that diagram goes a looooong ways to fuelling my interest in some of these figures. I'm onboard for some, but not all.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles