Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Arrow

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Arrow

Postby Avalon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Well it feels like they've kind of turned Merlyn into Arrow's Ra's al Ghul.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm

A bit with the resurrection stuff. I'm not sure if he's ever died and came back in the comics but he's been in and out of the League of Assassins in various eras.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi, everyone, I just joined the forum, but I figured this was as good a place to start posting as any. I love this show, I think it's even better than Smallville, and I'm glad to see it has so many fans here. I have compiled a whole running list of all the DC characters and references from the comics that have appeared on the show, so maybe I'll port it over here one day.

Anyway, psyched for Barry Allen tomorrow! Hope they can pull this off! Fingers crossed...
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Avalon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Dude, I am sooo excited for Barry tomorrow. I'm recording it just in case.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Fortunately my wife is now a fan of the show, so it has become "event viewing" in my house. Unfortunately, she's out of town tomorrow night and I have to wait until she gets back to watch it! Just remembered that. Dang.

Maybe I can watch it and pretend I didn't? Would that be bad?
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tango X » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Muthasucka wrote:Maybe I can watch it and pretend I didn't? Would that be bad?

No comment. :gagrin:

So what are your thoughts on the whole Ivo thing? And think Grundy will be in the show or do you think it's another one of those name dropping things where they call someone something just to shoehorn more "DC characters" into it?
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Muthasucka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:34 pm

It's been confirmed that "Cyrus" who survived Brother Blood's serum is indeed Cyrus Gold, so I'm thinking that Grundy will make an appearance in some form. In the next episode he'll be wearing a mask and going by the name "Acolyte," which is indeed an Easter Egg reference to a Young Justice villain from the comics. I'm also assuming that Ivo's Miracle serum is connected to what Brother Blood is testing, and that back on the island they'll get a form of it into Slade, giving him some extra-normal abilities. In the comics, of course, Ivo tested the serum on himself and it made him immortal but it transformed him into a grotesque, so we'll see if they follow that at all. I'm interested to see if they have any plans for the Amazo name, or if it's just an Easter Egg name for the ship.

Another thing to note is that Ivo said the Japanese name for the serum was "Mira kulo," which sounds a lot like "Miraclo," the serum used by the original Hourman to give him his powers. Supposedly they're also developing an Hourman series for the CW, so we'll see if they try to tie it to that concept, or just keep it their own.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tango X » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Nice! I do hope that Grundy is a big hulking zombie Grundy! The ship is probably the closest thing we'll get to Amazo on the show. Maybe the idea of an android would be too crazy for this continuity. Yeah, Avalon speculated on the Hourman connection as well in the Hourman thread. I think it would be really cool if they did tie it in. I'm a tie-in junkie. :batlol:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Barry Allen on Arrow Tonight!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Barry Allen on Arrow tonight! I'm interested in seeing how this is going to be and if this paves the way for more superpowered characters in a show that hasn't really featured any although I guess immortality is a pretty good superpower.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Reverse-Flash was mentioned. :bafspaz:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies