Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Arrow

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Arrow

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeah, I was really surprised with how far this episode went. Reference to Reverse Flash, superhuman strength and durability on full display with Cyrus, even Dig's offhanded comment about aliens seemed foreboding. I really liked how restrained the first season was, but I gotta say they're stepping it up really well. They'll be in Smallville territory in no time. He even puts on a mask next week!
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tango X » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I really enjoyed last night’s episode. Some of the Flash easter eggs were hokey but I expected it. The mention of Ra’s al Ghul could mean for bigger cameos in the future. Solomon Grundy was okay but I hope he turns as a pallid zombie at some point.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm curious about where the show will be heading now with Ra's revealed as well. Also it was interesting that they mentioned the Reverse Flash story and it was pretty much accurate. I'm sure that'll be a big part of the Flash TV series.

Congrats on Partner, Tango! :scsm:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Loved the ep. Though at this point, I can no longer buy that DETECTIVE Lance hasn't figured out that Ollie is the vigilante. He's so close to them both now it's obvious. Both Ollie and the hood are close to both Lance girls. He's admitted that Ollie is deeper than his playboy persona. He knows Ollie acts weird, and is never around when the hood is. He knows Felicity is always around them both.
He's too smart to be this blind.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I really like this episode...good setup for Barry's impending accident with the whole placing the wrong the wrong chemicals next to each other thing.

Most probably didn't catch the Grundy reference, which was pretty cool and I do hope he ends up dying on a Monday and coming back.

Did anyone else catch the Red Tornado's siblings reference during Barry's story of his moms death? Have they hinted at TO Morrow making an appearance?

Anyways, can't wait for more!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Muthasucka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 pm

No, what was the Red Tornado reference? I only took Reverse Flash away from that story.
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 pm

If there was a reference to Tornado, I totally missed it?? Unless you were talking about Barry’s mom getting killed, that was actually a reference to the storyline where Zoom went back and murdered his mom and framed his dad. He was the blur he mentioned. :scbaf:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:49 am

I remember that from the comics, but as soon as Barry mentioned "tornado with a man inside", I took that to be a reference to one of TO Morrow's androids making an appearance.

But now that it's been rattling around in my so-called brain for a night, I see that being the more logical choice.

Maybe we'll find out the answer in either Arrow or Flash shows!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Feels like the show is going into full swing now with tonight’s episode. :schal:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 am

The 3 Ghosts episode was phoenomenal!! Very surprising to see that they showed the birth of the Flash on the show; I heard they were going to change it to his own series; but glad they stuck with it and did it here. It'd be sweet if they bring Barry back for another super-powered appearance; although I'd expect him to have either no speed suit or an early version of it for Arrow.

Grundy begins and slick-suited Slade with the ocular cover is the new villain!

Definitely buying this season the second it's released!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies