Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Arrow

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Arrow

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 am

AcidDragon wrote:Personally I didn't think the episode was that bad. I liked it overall. The ending was just so shocking. Ray Palmer seems more like a cross between Ray Palmer and Ted Kord. It's like they wanted Kord but couldn't get Kord for some reason.

I was thinking of the same thing and the ending was more than a shocker - it's unthinkable. And, I kind of like Ray Palmer part of the show - it's somewhat refreshing. But, I have one beef about the show itself the continuation of the flashback sequences of him going home and I'm getting a bit tired of them. I've maybe in the minority here - but this is one aspect of the show that I don't particular fond of.

I give this show a B and that's the highest that I can give. Flash Show was better than Arrow.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 am

I do see parallels between Kord and this version of Palmer.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 am

One thing does bug me, though.

Ray Palmer and Jean Loring have been mentioned or even appeared on the show more than once and now Ollie is meeting Ray for the first time. From my recollection, Ollie and Laurel were talking about how their friends Ray and Jean were moving in together. Jean Loring later appeared as the much older lawyer of Moira Queen. Now they're meeting Ray for the first time. Okay guys, make up your minds! :rpagrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:13 am

YES! A million times yes. What the hell is up with that? I think the moving in together thing was season one and obviously the lawyer thing was season two. Now Ray turns up in season three but he as you said, is like Ted Kord. Kord Industries has even been shown in Arrow. Clock King was even a former employee there. Did they just decide that they thought Ted was not relevant enough and Atom would be better or what??
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 am

I hope there's still some chance that Kord will appear. Technically, Kord's gadgetry would be more suited to the Arrow universe than Ray Palmer's shrinking powers. If Ray Palmer becomes Blue Beetle or "the Beetle", I'll shake my head.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:43 am

AcidDragon wrote:I hope there's still some chance that Kord will appear. Technically, Kord's gadgetry would be more suited to the Arrow universe than Ray Palmer's shrinking powers. If Ray Palmer becomes Blue Beetle or "the Beetle", I'll shake my head.

I'm thinking that way too ... :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Ssshhhh don't give them ideas, that would be a nightmare of a thing to happen.

Anyway, I've been steering clear of this thread for a while as I catch up on Season 2 before finally watching the premiere. Finally I watched it tonight and first off - Much agreed, the end was pretty sad and horrible. Also, I agree with Princess_Amethyst - I'm figuring they'll make Laurel take over her sister's position as Black Canary. Either way it's weird for me. I mean, the very fact that they killed her off, that they made her have an affiliation with the League, it's weird to me but oh well. Also, I don't get why Kord's company was referenced in Arrow's S2 more than once and not once did they actually introduce Ted, yet we get plenty of hints of Ray being an actual character and now we get to meet him officially. I want both but I guess beggars can't be choosers. In the mean time I think I like their portrayal of Palmer. Oh yeah, and much agreed - Ted would've fit the show much more than Ray, plus they seem to already be giving Ray interests that sound more like Ted's. Oh well, I still like his general personality so far. Oh! And I love that they finally gave Harper slightly more traditional attire. I'm sorry but I like a comic-based show to be visually pleasing and recognizable. :gagrin:

The fact that this premiere ended on quite a cliffhanger of course still has me wanting to see more, but I'm not gonna lie - The Flash impressed me a lot more than Arrow's return.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:19 am

A bit of a disappointment for me to be honest. Killing off Sara is lame. I guess now the League will want revenge and maybe go after Oliver or Thea who's probably the one who shot her and then Oliver will try to come between them.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:26 am

I was thinking Thea might be this world's equivalent to Cheshire but only time will tell. If they call her Speedy, that would be an absolutely stupid villain name for this world. It's silly enough as a comic book sidekick's name in modern day, but it worked for the Golden Age.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:36 pm

We all knew she was going I die at some point so Laurel can take her place...but I really think they missed their opportunity to have Laurel "scream" for the first time and what better time to do it than right there, with her freshly murdered sister in her arms...

Cliche, sure; but it would've fit
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies