Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Arrow

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Arrow

Postby Illiasc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Aw man it was hard enough reading that. Though I wouldn't be too surprised after what they did with Sara.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Ray is a lot like Ted but now I think he is even more like a male Felicity Smoak with lots of money.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:04 am

Skullmaster wrote:Ray is a lot like Ted but now I think he is even more like a male Felicity Smoak with lots of money.

I can see that ... thanks for sharing this piece of information here Skullmaster.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 pm

So any ideas on what the deal with Roy chucking arrows at Sara near the end means? Think Ra's got into Roy's head somehow?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Before that last episode I had no ideas, but I doubted it was Roy who actually killed her.

I gotta say, I actually don't get their take on Ted Grant so far. It's an interesting one, but confusing to me too. He's young, yet at the same time already went through the vigilante Wildcat phase? I'm wondering if they'll just make him continue to not be a vigilante, (retire) yet kinda young, or he'll get back into it.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:28 pm

That's definitely one that has me scratching my head a little bit. I always thought of Ted as being an older guy when he started. Perhaps late 20s or early 30s. Then by the time he was training new heroes, I expected him to have a little bit of snow on the roof. That's what made him special. He was an older man with no superpowers who was still fighting crime and was one of the best. You take the age factor away and he's basically Batman without the money or education.

For me, the age thing doesn't stop at Ted Grant. I didn't really think about it before, but making Oliver so young takes away the youth ward dynamic that he had with Roy Harper in the comic books. The father and son relationship now feels more like a big brother and kid brother relationship. As moving as the scene was when Roy said to Ollie, "Don't abandon me." and Ollie responds with, "Never.", it was like a younger brother telling his older brother not to give up on him. Their height difference helps with this, but not by much.

The Ollie/Roy relationship doesn't bother me much. In fact, it doesn't bother me at all. Just something I noticed.

With that said, I'm certain that this was all part of the plan and completely intentional. The big thing for the decade has been to Smallville-ize everything which includes making everybody younger and shoe-horning characters in with new roles, origins and relationships.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 pm

For some reason I didn't even consider the difference with Ollie and Roy until you mentioned it. I mean, they made him appear shorter, meeker, and slightly younger but yeah, not by much, certainly not enough. However - I guess I was okay and not that observant with what they gave us. See, the targeting and making everyone younger, like for Smallville, is an interesting thing and what I figured they intentionally did with Ted. Makes me curious how they'll play everything out. I mean, there's a lot here that's different yet the same. Same characters, different beginnings and paths they are now taking. In the end with Ted, I still kinda do hope to see him put the mask back on. It would be nice to have Wildcat around.

My biggest anticipation and curiosity is how and why they did and will continue to do crossovers with two shows that have two very different approaches to the characters. You've got down to Earth, humanized villains and superheroes in Arrow, then you have seriously "meta-human" superpower wielding folks from The Flash. I have a feeling they'll never actually introduce the people with powers into Arrow's episodes, but it would be interesting to think of Arrow's characters thinking "Wow, they've got people with superpowers and we've just got ordinary mortal criminals." Because I do always find it kind of funny how, say, Black Canary had superpowers yet who I'm assuming is supposed to be Weather Wizard didn't actually have powers.

Oh, curious and stumped here - Am I the only one who doesn't recognize at all who the next episode's villain is? :gagrin:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:27 am

Cupid? Newer villain.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 am

I don't know much about Cupid but that was one good looking actress who played her. :batblush: They debuted the Atom's prototype suit, the dwarf star material and Captain Boomerang. That's a lot of cool. :rpagrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 am

Yeah, she was pretty easy on the eyes and the episode was a lot better than I thought it would be. I wonder if with Ray becoming the Atom, that this means they're going to be ushering in more super-powered villains, both gadget-based and meta-humans.
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies