Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Can anyone post a pic of the Eartha Kitt Heroclix's face? I know they stepped up their sculpting and wanted to see how well she turned out and if she's recognizable.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Here's one I found from this eBay auction, not bad considering the scale. link below if interested:

earthaface.jpg

Auction

I haven't collected in a while but recent sculpting improvements may change my mind.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks Acid! I wonder how they managed to use her "likeness". Around the time we started seeing upcoming Batman 66 merchandise (around SDCC time last year) I noticed that anything featuring Lee, Eartha and Yvonne were all missing. I reached out to all three actresses via their websites and got a response from Yvonne and Eartha's daughter Kitt Shapiro. Kitt said that she hadn't been approached by Warner Brothers and that she would forward my email to them to let them know that there was fan interest in seeing Eartha Kitt Catwoman merchandise. I assumed that Kitt hadn't signed off considering her response. Anyhow, I say all of that to say I hope that (IF &) when Hot Toys does a 66 Catwoman, she has the option to switch out the heads to resemble all three actresses (something I had hoped Mattel would have done instead of Batusi as the SDCC exclusive.)

Not to go on a tangent but has anyone else wondered or even noticed that the Hot Toys 66 Batman & Robin releases are being billed as 66 film versions. Does this mean we will get Lee as Catwoman only if they do all of the movie characters? Does this mean that they won't do characters like Egghead and Batgirl since they weren't in the movie?

It's all kinda confusing.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 pm

I doubt Hot Toys would do Egghead in any case. They still haven't even done a Ra's al Ghul figure and have a pretty big portfolio of toys from the Nolan movies. They pretty much stick to the big guns.

But yeah, I noticed that the toys are from the movie specifically, and so are their accessories. I'd hope for the multiple head treatment on Catwoman anyway, but who knows. I'd bet Catwoman and Joker at least are givens. Penguin and Riddler might be made in the line, too, but Penguin would require a new body type which would be expensive for them. Batgirl would just be amazing, but since she wasn't in the movie, her chances seem pretty slim.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby loolar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm almost positive the merchandising license is based on the movie alone, after WB and Fox ironed out the differences (WB owns the character, Fox owns the movie).

Anything having to do with the show is a pipe dream due to all the legal issues. Back then, home video didn't exist; the releases they crafted for all those guest stars were for broadcast only. All of those contracts would have to be re-negotiated. It's the same reason that a lot of variety shows like Carol Burnett or Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In haven't seen comprehensive releases, and Batman's more complicated due to the two studio situation and internationally powerful brand of the character.

I just broke down and bought pirated DVDs last year. I'm more than willing to buy legit - I don't pirate if legit is available - but if they don't want my money, that's their loss.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby mikey1974 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:43 am

the master licence has the likeness rights for:

Adam West
Burt Ward
Cesar Romero
Frank Gorshin
Burgess Meredith
Victor Buono - King Tut
Cliff Robertson - Shame
David Wayne - Mad Hatter
Otto Preminger - Mr. Freeze #2
Vincent Price - Egghead
Eartha Kitt - Catwoman #3

and I've heard it possibly also includes Roddy McDowall - Bookworm. and now,of course, Yvonne Craig - Batgirl.

how do I know this? simple. look at the heroclix! they made who was available to make. they weren't making seperate deals with each of these actor's estates just to make Heroclix. these were the likeness rights included with the master licence. for whatever reason,Mattel just decided not to make anything beyond the movie characters.

there's also speculation as to whetehr Julie Newmar is or isn't included,cause,honestly,that Catwoman likeness isn't really her,or any of the actresses who played the role.
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Freddie: » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 am

I wonder if someone will (or could) cast Eartha's head to a 6 inch scale for customs. I really want to make customs of all three Catwomen. I plan to use the Marvel Select Jean Grey's head to make a custom Lee Meriwether. The mask isn't accurate but at least she won't look like Julie. Does anyone on this board do head casting (resizing)?
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby amos brearly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:54 pm

the word is that this line is doing 'VERY WELL' at retail and the line will NOT end with what we have seen so far?

hope for batgirl, mr freeze and another catwoman yet!

this apparently from mattels retail team.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Wow, amos, that's awesome news!!! I really hope we get some of the original villains like Egghead, Falseface, Shame and Bookworm as well!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm

I AM happy that we're apparently getting more figures!

though I got pissed/LOL at the way Mattel is trying to cover their tracks now by saying they never said the line was done after these figures,just for 2013!

um...no. they were asked,point blank,if they planned any more figures after what we've seen. and the answer was "No",and that we had already seen everything for the 66 line.
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel