Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: POW! ZAP! BANG! SOK! Batman 1966 figs

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Someone posted this on another site:

from the Aug 15 AFI Q&A:

Q2. Are there future waves of 1966 Batman figures planned beyond what has already been announced?

A2. No, at this point you have seen all the 1966 figs including the awesome Batmobile.

So, yeah, Mattel lies. Not the first time. Probably were done but then Yvonne signed over her likeness and the line sold well. As long as they make Batgirl I'm happy. I'd expect maybe Surf Joker and a single-card Robin? Not sure we'll get anymore obscure villains. Maybe a Bruce/Dick set? Who knows, Just give me a freakin' Yvonne Craig figure.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:48 pm

i'd definitely take a single card robin, batgirl and freeze would be the cream on the cake for me.

infact i think i would prefer batgirl with batcycle. as sdcc exclusive if needs be. we can't have batgirl without her cycle.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree, I'd pay the extra coin for Batgirl with the cycle. It's just such an iconic piece. :ybggrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:28 am

I really hope now that most of the companies that are producing 1966 merchandise have released their lines that they do not wind up using Batgirl as their 2014 SDCC exclusives to "finish off" their releases. For example Heroclix, the 16 pieces they released seem to be all that they have/had planned. Funko finally cancelled the Batgirl Wacky Wobbler preorder from BBTS, so there is another possibility.

Thoughts?
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Whoever said that if they did boogie board Joker with trunks that they'd be in, I guess you're in. :tdrobgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:42 pm

If you missed out on the Batmobile, it is back in stock at Target here for 49.99 - free shipping on orders over $50 (the bastiches). I got myself some socks. Good luck finding things that qualify for the free shipping; it took some doing.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 am

That's what I did...worked out great!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Freddie: » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 am

Wouldn't Egghead just be the Joker with a new head? I was watching the episode with Egghead and Batgirl this weekend and his suit looks just like the Joker's. I really hope they try!
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 am

It's kind of close, they're still really different. Egghead has shawl (curved) lapels, while Joker's are peaked (pointed). Eggy also had one button, while Joker's suit has a bunch. Egghead's suit reminds me of a lot of tuxedos I used to see during the 90s and early 2000s, while Joker's is more like a double breasted business suit with tails. Of course that's nothing that a new jacket overlay couldn't fix.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:17 pm

That sucks that "there's no plans to make Batgirl right now" and that Surfs Up Joker is all we're getting for now.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel