Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Scott says, "One last surprise for DCUC"

Postby Webslinger » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Speaking for myself, I dont want any of that. Im glad you are excited, but what exactly do you mean by "we are getting"? What exactly am I missing that I should appreciate? no disrespect, but I dont think people saying this is lackluster is a outlandish way of thinking.

I was referring to Myxy and the SP Kalibak, there was a lot of people wanting them forever and now that it is a reality people still complain. that's what I was talking about... :bsgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Truwe » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:03 pm

I'll buy these but it is because I am a completest but I was disappointed in the fact that we were not getting a new mold of some sort. Sure, you can argue that Mxyzptlk is a new mold but no articulation?! Super Powers fan or not, this is a slap in the face and it hurts for more fans than others.

The price is a joke and after watching a reviewer today point out that Hasbro is doing 6 inch figures at a fraction of the costs shows how much Scott should not be running the DCUC line.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Webslinger » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

I would have liked it if we got the animated heads for the figures...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Webslinger wrote:
Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Speaking for myself, I dont want any of that. Im glad you are excited, but what exactly do you mean by "we are getting"? What exactly am I missing that I should appreciate? no disrespect, but I dont think people saying this is lackluster is a outlandish way of thinking.

I was referring to Myxy and the SP Kalibak, there was a lot of people wanting them forever and now that it is a reality people still complain. that's what I was talking about... :bsgrin:

Kalibak is a straight repaint, and many Superpowers fans would have preferred a Superpowers accurate headsculpt (IE) a new head, you just more or less said you would, yourself. Why don't you stop complaining, and be happy that a Kalibak in Superpowers colors is now a reality? :smwink: :smgrin:
After these things were first shown in the mattycollector news piece, which conveniently doesn't mention the $30 dollar before shipping price tag,I saw a lot of excitement and enthusiasm on several boards about Mxyzpltk...then people saw that price tag for him in the actual Toy Fair coverage, and many of them soured on him; rightly so. I'm sure a lot of people who were happy Mattel was finally releasing him would still be happy if the price was $10 or maybe even $15. To demand $30 for a small figure with next to no articulation is just plain insulting, and I personally can't blame anybody at all for being annoyed or complaining about that. It's a little bit like a ransom: he's finally being made but Mattel want collectors to give them an obnoxious amount of money for him.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I've got mixed feelings about this whole thing. The pricing is insane, there's no denying that. Compared to other figures, what they're demanding for repaints is insane and I'm a guy who payed close to $40 for light blue Supes but that was when he was a rare commodity. I can kind of understand why they did this because these probably aren't going to sell amazingly well so they jakked up the prices on them.

I have huge reservations about paying $30 for something the size of a McDonald's Toy. It's like shades of me buying Dawg to complete my Lobo all over again. Mxy is like an accessory, really. But overall, I'm very happy that Mxy is being made and also that the people who have been wanting these for a while will get them. I feel like Riddler is a waste of a slot, though. Could've taken that opportunity to deliver us say... Vixen or Mira or some other thing. Or heck, I would've preferred a half-assed New 52 Hal that used paint instead of sculpted lines (ie: New 52 Shazam!) as the extra repaint.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Vixen or Mera would have required new tooling, which seems to have been an outright impossibility, but it would have been an excellent opportunity to finally deliver the "all gold" Dr. Fate that Neitlich once said was already made/corrected and that he was surprised wasn't being found in stores before backtracking and saying "We'll find a way to get that figure out to fans as soon as we can." Also would have been a great spot for other already tool'd figures which have been in that situation, as well, such as Modern Red Tornado or "Nekkid" Cheetah.
Last edited by S. Griffin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

To me, Riddler sucks. Even studying the in-joke, it seems like a waste. Anybody could spraypaint their 500 Hals that we've received over the years and drawn those question marks and belt with a sharpie because that's what it looks like they did anyway. The rest of the figures have merit but the pricing is really high. Maybe out of my range.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 pm

S. Griffin wrote:Vixen or Mera would have required new tooling, which seems to have been an outright impossibility, but it would have been an excellent opportunity to finally deliver the "all gold" Dr. Fate that Neitlich one said was made and that he was surprised it wasn't in stores before backtracking and saying "We'll find a way to get that figure out to fans as soon as we can." Also would have been a great spot for other already tool'd figures which have been in that situation, as well, such as Modern Red Tornado or "Nekkid" Cheetah.

Haha damn, I forgot about all those unreleased repaints besides Naked Cheetah.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tonyrome » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:36 pm

All I can say is I feel cheated the way Mattel has treated us as customers. One of the issues that bothers about the $30 plus shipping price tag is... NO NEW TOOLING! I mean they are pre existing bodies and sculpts from head to toe. So basically we are paying for new paint schemes!? Oh yes and new display cards..

So the only really new piece is Mxy but hes a $30 plus shipping statue. Since when is DCUC or Signature Club a statue collectors line? Dont get me wrong he is pretty but I want to pose him. As far as I am concerned the DC Direct version of Mxy is way better than what mattel is offering. He comes with 7 points of articulation and multiple hats.

So here is what I think.. Get the DC Direct Mxy and cherry pick the rest if you must have any of them. I think that Green Lantern/Riddler thing is a sin. These things should cost $20/$25 shipped at most.. This is coming from a completest but I just cannot do it this time around. If anyone wants to see pics of DC Directs Mxy next to a DCUC let me know.
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:28 pm

WEB, im not saying you shouldnt be excited for super powers figures, if thats your thing, then thats your thing. Im just saying as fans we shouldnt have to be excited about them putting the least possible work into their product. And then they act like they are doing us a favor. Lackluster repaints of figures that a few selected people want. And if people were saying they wanted a Mr.Myxy and a super powers Kalibak, I dont think anyone wanted a straight repaint of the Kalibak we have and a Myxy that doesnt move.

Even if I was dying for those figures, thats not what Id want. I mean, even with the light blue supes that everyone wanted, did everyone really just want a straight repaint??
I dont do any customizing or know much about it, but Im sure you guys that do customs on the board could come up with much better than that.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel