Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Death of the Day

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Death of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:10 pm

I vaguely recall the Relic.

Today's Death if the Day involves Mikey, only I don't think he liked it.

Well, this Mikey may've liked life as well, but he didn't get to keep it.

Michael Myers was much more economical in his kills. No wasted energy on creativity with this guy. See weapon, use weapon. But let's be honest, Mikey was a bit of a tool, so Michael stuck one to his forehead. Pretty typical heel move to rake the eyes.

But here's to you, Mikey, next time maybe just file an insurance claim.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:19 am

The Relic is one of My favorites, one of the best ever IMO. That was something, the Halloween Michael Myers comeback movies (H4 & H5) were good. nice reference with Moe's eye poke ;)

You did one from Friday the 13th Part 7 The New Blood when this topic basically began so here's My turn. This one is really amazing how he stands there intimidating then he just does it and throws her away :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 am

So I just posted the 80s Fly movies & scores now for these. These always freaked Me out and are really two of the most horrific scenes ever :o Don't say I didn't warn you when we first began this topic because these were the first two I had in mind because they've always been there :o :shock:

From the 86 Fly, not a kill cause his girlfriend stopped it but darn near as he appears in the sequel...this is absolutely horrible :batshock: :wwshock:

Now it's a bit different in 89's The Fly II because the offspring is like a monster hero or monster antihero which I love. First, this is like most ideal horror scene. I love how the goon guard is all alone then he sees the creature as he flings the dead scientist to him. You see the empty facility with no monster in sight in the spooky lit area then boom he's there as he ups the ante and like the trailer said, "Like Father, Like Son" :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:29 pm

The Fly movies were ok, not my favorite type of movies.

Today's Death of the Day smiles upon The Final Destination.

Not all horror movies have a crazed serial killer on the lose. Still, no joke, escalators are not to be trifled with!

True story, I actually have a deviated septum. When Iwas a wee lad, I don't know the exact year but probably early 80s as I was young, I made the smart decision that it would be fun to try and go up the down escalator at a department store and whack! I went face first into those jagged little monsters.

Had my parents been more on the ball, they probably could've/should've sued the store because I'm sure there was money to be had but it was a simpler time where people had to actually take ownership for their stupidity and you couldn't sue McDonald's because you thought "hot coffee" wasn't a serious label. Damn, if it was a deacde or two later I could've been rolling in the monies.

So here's to you, Lori Milligan, as a fellow victim of those demonic rolling metal steps of doom,, I truly sympathize with your pain.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:36 am

That was something else :o The Final Destination films are something else too :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Indeed. Picking today's Death of the Day was child's play...

I liked these movies when I was a kid but admittedly I stopped paying attention to them after the 2nd or 3rd one and haven't really had any interest in the later films, the tv series, or the rebooted movie which I saw was just on AMC but the CGI kind of ruins the idea of a murderous doll for me.

But this death brought new meaning to being hotheaded...

This was Dr. Ardmore and his brain....

This is Dr. Ardmore and his brain after Chucky gets a hold of him...

So here's to you, Dr. Ardmore, after that scene I guess you no longer need a charge nurse.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:40 am

Oh yes, that scene was quite much there especially when you think about a little kid witnessing something like that not to mention everything else :shock:

So after Child's Play happen in 1988, 35 years ago this year, the man & voice behind Chucky aka Charles Lee Ray which is horror actor Brad Dourif (I still find him very underrated) played another cool character named Tucker Cleveland whom is an insane but very truthful vermin exterminator in Stephen King's Graveyard Shift which was one of the many, many great films of 1990. It was really horrofuying :shock: Here's his scene :batwink:

This clip is very low quality but you can still make out what happens to Tucker, I still find it a shame that he never came face to face with The Giant Mill Rat-Bat :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:11 pm

I've admittedly missed a few days so we're going to do a group kill for today's Death(s) of the Day....

We'll go back to my favorite franchise which you've probably no doubt figured out by now to be Friday the 13th, and as I said, the more movies they made the sillier they seemed to get, and by the time Part VI Jason Lives came out, most the horror was gone, and Jason was kind of a cross between a ninja, the Predator, and Pepe Le Pew as best expressed in this extended scene where Jason kills a bunch of paintball morts....

I mean, the only thing missing there was Jason doing a Jedi kip up at some point. Run run run as fast as you can, you can't escape me because I walk at a mildly brisk pace.

So here's to you Corporate Paintballers Roy Culkin, Burt Dennebrough, Stan Irving, Katie Rice, and Larry Irving, I guess that camo gear didn't work so good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:23 am

That scene with the paint guns was always something and that was three for the price of one :o

We did John Carpenter's The Thing last year so here's this unreal scene from the 1982 horror classic :o :blmm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:54 pm

That is one I thought of doing a few times but I knew you were a big fan of the film so I figured you might get to it.

For today's Death of the Day we'll agree with the song in that we need a little Christmas, right this very minute...

Hey! I haven't even mentioned the movie yet.

Ah, I remember 1997 like it was yesterday. I was fresh out of high school, and my buddy had his own place and on the weekends we would have a contest to find the worst horror movie rental to watch. And there were a bunch because it was about that time that a bunch low budget holiday themed horror movies started coming out. Enter Jack Frost....

Nope, not that guy, Snip.

Nope, try again.

Nope, though that hilariously came out around the same time so I'd have to imagine there were at least a handful of well-meaning parents who didn't look close enough and brought home something a little too mature for little Jimmy.

No, I'm talking about that homicidal, genocidal, snow man of death, Jack Frost!

Yep, back then there were a string of holiday horror movies with costume designs and special effects that would make the lowest of budgeted cosplayers feel ashamed, but back then, they were so bad they were almost good. I heard there was supposed to be an Arbor Day one but they got stumped!...stumped!...stumped! Hello?

Who amongst us hasn't wanted to starngle someone with Christmas lights when decorating the tree? Especially if one light goes out they all go out. Fa la la fa la la la la la!

So here's to you, Sally Metzner, for really getting wrapped up in Christmas...lights! So have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

Did I forget something, big man?

Indeed.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions