Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Metallica isn't really a band I listened to outside of their major early 90s run, but I can respect their output. The Black Album was great, but I can't say I've followed them much since beyond what may've reached radio stations, and even that, I don't really follow most modern era music now that I have Sirius and Pandora if In the mood for music. But if we're looking at that era, I'm not even a big rap or r&b person, but it was hard to escape some of these....

And I've always enjoyed this Dennis Leary song...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 11, 2022 5:31 am

Oh, well modern music, is it really :? That was the whole point of this topic :!:

Ah, those were really cool you put there PB ;) Well of course, even your least fave genre has exceptions ;) Digital Underground were very good! Yep, Denis Leary, his time was the EARLY 90S! I may show something of his later if I can find it later :)

Vanilla Ice. He was gonna be My next one...you did it again PB :? ;) Anyay, you didn't post the OTHER 2 I had in mind...

Cool As Ice - This is from his movie of the same title. It came out in 91. If you never saw this then gosh, I recommend it! I liked him for a while. I dressed like him at the time and styled My hair like his too for a couple years. I missed those times :roll: Look how cool it was then :o Listen to him say about HUMPTY...another coincidence there :lol:

Here is his Ninja Rap from TMNT 2: The Secret of the Ooze :!: This was really cool and huge for Me then!

Metallica is still great. If you didn't follow them after The Black Album in the 90s then you missed some super fun times which I'm very grateful that I did. Their times after the 90s were good too. I loved St. Anger and especially their recent Hardwired album. It was so awesome that WWE did special stuff about them in recent times most notably for NXT Takeover 30, so awesome so with all of this modern music from the last decade or so, IMO you can't get any better than that Mettalica :batsmile:

Here is Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters". It so moving, it's one of the best ever IMO!

Amazing, these were in 91. I loved 91 and surprisingly comments on YT agreed :shock: It sure seems like an alternate reality now doesn't it :roll: OK, that'll do it for today, I got more with new entries for next time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 12, 2022 5:35 am

OK, so here we go with 4 NEW entries, all were from this cool time in 91 & 92 :batsmile:

U2: Even Better Than the Real Thing - I was already familiar with U2 before a bit with their great Joshua Tree album. When I first saw this video I was totally blown away. I just loved the song and the way it was filmed. MTV didn't show this often so whenever they would showed it all of My attention was always to the tube! I had to get that album :)

Guns N' Roses: November Rain - I was already a minor fan of them before but this was great, I loved the mixture of the instruments & orchestra with the band and the overall tone of it as a whole. I got BOTH of their huge "Use Your Illusion albums...such great times. See if there is any not as grand as this :roll:

Bobby Brown: Humpin' Around - Another one I did in the word game topic that now has a proper place to be. I was already very familiar with him because of Ghostbusters II (I may do something about there soon) and hearing and seeing something new from him was cool and this one I really liked :batsmile:

Chris Isaak: Wicked Game - He was great! Now this is superb. This is without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest and most underrated songs in history. The whole song is just so wonderful and the video is too. There has never been anything as good as this since IMO!

So there is today's entries. I'm building up to SOMETHING BIG & SOMETHING SPECIAL...More later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 13, 2022 5:09 am

Just one for Friday the 13th today :blbat:

Metallica's Of Wolf and Man, always loved it :batgrin:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:36 pm

Oh man, Guns n Roses November Rain was such an epic video. Those albums still sound great today. When you posted Metallica I was actually thinking of putting up November Rain and the two other "unofficial" companion videos from GNR based off the short story "Without You" by Del James. But then my computer went blah. There aren't many more epic videos than what GNR were putting out from the Use Your Illusions albums.

Most of the plot of the short story is told in the form of flashbacks. Mayne Mann, aged 28, is a top-selling rock musician. But the suicide of his girlfriend Elizabeth has left him depressive and questioning the meaning behind everything. Although Elizabeth had been the love of Mayne’s life, his frequent infidelity had brought about the end of their relationship. The last straw was when after Mayne’s final concert with his previous band, Elizabeth had walked in on a threesome between him and two groupies. In the aftermath, during one of their last dates, Elizabeth had told him, “I can’t live with you and I can’t live without you.” Her words had inspired him to write the ballad Without You, which portrays his view on their breakup and has become a top hit. When his new band went on tour and performed in Elizabeth’s hometown L.A., he had sent her backstage passes. When she did not show up, Mayne had been determined not to repeat his past mistake, had skipped the after party and gone straight to her home. As Mayne was on his way up to her apartment, Elizabeth had shot herself in the head, with Without You playing on an endless loop in the background. In a rush, Mayne had taken the revolver from her dead hand and tried to shoot himself, but there had been no more bullets left.

Here's a link to the story if anyone is intersted:
https://begley2k12.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... del-james/

Estranged was such a damn good song, I always loved to rewind and play over again at the end of the cassette.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 am

Don't Cry was great. How about that PB ;) Thanks for the trivia stuff, I did not know that :) Yep, you beat Me to Estranged, I listened to that countless times back in the day. It's one of the best songs ever and see if any newer group today can beat that. I especially loved the guitar! If you got both GNR: UYI albums, they are two of the best you could ever get back then!

I posted November Rain first because its the one that got My attention of "truly" liking GNR. However, I wasn't a stranger about their music, because their really cool "You Could Be Mine" was featured in Terminator 2!

Now before that when I was younger, I would hear "Welcome to the Jungle" on the radio and here and there. Over time I really loved it! However, when Mark McGwire came to the St. Louis Cardinals in 98, he used this song as his entrance theme. It was so awesome to hear it on TV because you knew it was time :batsmile: When it was his time for him to come to the plate. It was SURREAL to hear it in person at Bush Stadium :o I had the opportunity many times to experience it and I love it every time, gosh I miss them days :roll: but I was very fortunate to experience it :) Whenever I hear this song I think of him and those great times and there will never be something like that ever again!

Don't forget, I posted some others before, check them out. I'm gonna post more soon since your back PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 28, 2022 6:56 am

Darn it, I thought I posted this then i didn't see it, I guess I messed up, oh well :roll:

Anyway, continuing with Snow with their Lonely Monday Morning song, I just loved this!

Sir Mix-A-Lot's song Baby Got Back! I never got into him but I sure liked this song! I remember when there was a time when women having big booties wasn't a thing and wanted then after this song came out it slowly became a trend ;)

I got a ton more coming soon :!: :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 29, 2022 9:38 am

Here is Onyx' SLAM! When I first saw this on MTV long ago I thought it was so funny. I never got into them but this song has always been with Me :o

U2's The Fly - I loved this one from their Achtung Baby album I posted a while back. I loved the way the guitar is...LISTEN TO IT...its so FANTASTIC and Bono is great too!

Pearl Jam's Even Flow....I loved this. Their TEN album was so fun, one of My favorites of all-time! By the way, this where RAVEN inspired some of his ECW gimmick, theme and finisher from ;)

Here is 2 versions...Album & Official LIVE!

Metallica's Of Wolf and Man - From The Black Album! There is no official video but this will do nicely. This has always been an awesome song!

Oh man, there's that, listen to all of that great stuff :) I got a HUGE list gonin' on, I'm gonna post in this topic WAY more often now! I got a big event in mind as well. More coming super soon :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:30 am

I heard this on the radio today and it made me think of the video. We found this video fun when we were kids, of course, back then I had no idea who George Harrison was, it was just a fun song and funny video.

And that of course made me think of You Can Call Me Al, one of my favorite songs and a great video. It's just another great song that's fun to singalong to.

And that made me think of this video, which I always liked because Robin Williams was in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 30, 2022 4:54 am

Their all good ones and how can you go wrong with comedic legends within them :?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions