Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 30, 2022 10:20 am

Here is Metallica's Sad But True from the Black Album! IMO is one of the best sounding songs and one of their best. Kid Rock would remake the song years later and it would be used for The Undertaker off and on :batsmile:

Megadeth - Sweating Bullets! This was actually the first time I saw Megadeth. I thought this was really weird but good too. I would later find out their history with Metallica that Dave Mustaine was with them earlier on. He is kinda similar like James Hetfield in ways, he even dresses like him at times. Megadeth became a really cool group to listen too :!:

Look for a special Megadeth entry in the entrance theme too in a minute. More coming soon :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 30, 2022 10:39 am

Was never a huge Megadeth fan but definitely remember that video and that song.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:35 pm

Just heard this in the car and admittedly sung along. Brought back memories. I actually saw Biz Markie perform live. No joke. Think I told this story before, so forgive me if I have.

About 10 years ago or so he had a segment on Nickelodeon's Yo Gabba Gabba, and we took the kids to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live at the local theatre and Biz Markie was actually there with the show. You've never seen so many thirty-somethings singing along to a song in your life, but it was probably the highlight of the night when he actually sang the chorus and 6,000 parents sang along, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 31, 2022 6:39 am

Cool! Actually I don't recall you talking about him but I'm sure you did. I'm sure you had a ton of fun :)

Here's Mine for today.

Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain": I was never a fan of their's but I just liked the tune of this one back then.

Toad The Wet Sprocket - All I Want: I never followed them either but I loved this song. It sounds so good and is quite underrated IMO.

INXS - Not Enough Time: Another one I really never followed but gosh, this song is so sweet! I thought it was soo cool seeing it on MTV way back when :)

That's all for now, more really soon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:56 am

Here's today's update!

Nirvana - Lithium: Oh here it is. This one is superb!

Pearl Jam - Alive: Another great one of their TEN Album!

Spindoctors - Two Princes: When I saw this I just really liked it. I bought the album soon afterword. A really good song.

I might have a similar update tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:04 am

Like yesterday...all great stuff!

Nirvana - In Bloom: I just loved this one!

Pearl Jam - Once: This is one of My favorites of their's. Really one of My faves by any group at all :o

Spin Doctors - What Time is It: This is such a fun one, really good!

That's all for today, more later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:32 am

Ah, Spin Doctors. They were popular for a second. I thought I'd share some good ol' Canadian music you may've missed that I was more privy to living in Canada's Puerto Rico (separated by water, Lake Erie, but an unofficial part of the country, lol).

The Tragically Hip "Nautical Disaster--one of the best live bands you'll ever see and a prodigious career many in the US don't even know about. These guys could sell out a 20,000 seat stadium in Canada and still get 1,000 people at a dive bar in Rochester, NY (I was one of them, and got the drumsticks after the show).

The Matthew Good Band "Strange Days"

The Watchmen "Stereo" saw these guys locally a few times. The bassist, who is very animated in this video, used to play the bass live with this Freddy Krueger/Wolverine looking claw glove on. With truly a spectacle. Like Chris Jericho, these guys hail from Winnipeg.

"Any Day Now"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:25 am

Indeed about the Spin Doctors :roll:

Gosh, you went to a bit of concerts back in the day ;) Do you mean the "actual" drum sticks from Tragically Hip from the stage or replicas they were giving away/bought :?:

I must say I don't know any of these bands. They were/are pretty good. They have some nice tunes. You can clearly tell they are older from 80s & 90s. Thanks for all of the trivia PB, really cool :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Oh no, it was the actual drummer's sticks It's kind of a fun story. Like I said, it was a bar show and there was maybe 500-1,000 people there. It's actually where I first saw The Watchmen too because they were the opening band for The Hip. After the show we kind of hung around since we were right by the stage and the roadies came out and started cleaning up the equipment. And my buddy asked one of them if he could have the set list (the sheet the band uses listing the order of songs they would play that night) and the roadie gave him the sheet. So I said, hey, what about me? And the roadie looked around the stage and tossed me the drumsticks, lol. My friend was jealous. There's no identification on them saying they're from the band, just whatever brand name the sticks were, but I still have them somewhere.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:08 am

Oh I see. Yeah, what about Raven, what about me?... ;) Oh I get it, I wouldn't want to be left out with nothin' either. Sounds like you have had some cool times back in the day PB. Thanks for sharing some of your moments :) If you ever find them drumsticks POST'EM HERE!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions