Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 am

Nope, I still don't know them but they are classic. By time in the later part of the 90s and early 2000s I kinda stopped getting into bands, stuff was changing all around and it just wasn't as interesting for Me a sit was in the early/mid 90s.

OK, now I'm going to finish up with Metallica but I'm going to do it a little differently which this is going to be really fun. I'm going to post their music in wrestling. There's not a ton but I know most of it. First of all is arguably My fave of all. This was in 1999, I totally marked out the first time I heard this when Sting came out with this new theme in WCW :shock: It was the newer live edition of Seek and Destroy by Metallica :shock: My Grandparents really didn't know Metallica even though Me & Mom were huge Metallica fans. I was telling them all about'em. My Grandpa PoPo wasn't really interested but eventually My Grandma MiMi really liked them once I played her their great songs and she heard them enough. When it was all said & done her fave song was Until It Sleeps from Load and We'd listen to them in her Garfield Express many a time. WCW released Sting's new theme Seek and Destroy on the WCW Mayhem The Music CD that Showcased in My Vintage Wresting Collection Topic which is a great CD release. I was so thrilled that they included it on there :) Here's this great Sting & Metallica Tron of a really great time:)

More Wrestling with Metallica tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 am

Next up is the Memory Remains. I had already posted the official music video before. It's from Metallica's ReLoad Album which is still My favorite of every album they ever made. A few times before when the Undertaker would be walking backstage and stuff, they'd play it in the background and I always thought is was cool. It was a wise choice for the WWE to make this the official song for Wrestlemania 27 for a few reasons including that it's somebody that is great & well known. Here's this very cool video :!:

More in a while ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm

It's was cool seeing Sting come out to that in AEW.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am

Yes it was indeed :)

OK, next is a promo about WWE Wrestlmania 33 in 2017. In the video package they have some music I'm not familiar with then at 2:28 all of a sudden a new Metallica song plays, I was like that's Metallica...what is that from :o :?:

I then researched it and found out that it was from their new Album Hardwired...To Self-Destruct and I soon bought it. Here's the official music video to the song above called...Am I Savage...it's really good :)

I'm gonna feature a lot of this soon because it's a really a great fun Album :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions