Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:25 am

Its the same with going to sporting events and stuff, there's nothing like being there in person. I always like to see the ones I like performing live. If I could have been there to see them in person especially Michael Kamen in person oh man, I hope those people that were there still recall how wonderful this was and appreciate all of those moments. If you haven't already PB and anyone reading this for that matter get back to My first post of this concert as I explain about Michael Kamen why he played the Ecstasy of Gold as the very first song, it's a great history that many people don't know and I say other fun stuff too ;)

Oh that's terrible, I was wondering why you never said anything about it for months. I hope it works out for you and keep up with it, you know how companies "forget" :roll:

Yes, that was a good one. Leonard Cohen's songs were deep, most songs have meanings & truths.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:23 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M...here is One which is so darn awesome! Listen to that guitar that only Metallica can sound like and teaming wit Michael Michael Kamen makes this even more grander :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:44 am

OK, I'm gonna finish the whole album of Metallica's S&M now :o

Enter the Sandman - This is so darn great :!:

Battery - One more look at the San Francisco Orchestra is being conducted by the legend Michael Kamen and Metallica is being their best :batwink:

Wow, I posted every cue & song of Metallica's S&M. Now anybody that hasn't go back to the first post of this and read how it all started and listen to the first epic song ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:46 am

Before get an anniversary of Metallica for the end of the year here's their great I disappear song that was for the great Mission Impossible 2 movie in 2000 :batwink:

NOTE: This was one of Jason Newsted's last appearances with the band (the one in the suit getting knocked by plebeians).

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:56 am

So the year's end is closing in so I wanted post two of the songs from Metallica's St. Anger Album they did in 2003...20 years ago this year :o The album didn't go over big with people. Yeah, it was much different than their other ones...Jason Newsted left and was replaced with Robert Trujillo. For a while, not long I had to get to get used to it but boy once I did it became a very fun favorite. Here's the titled Song St. Anger and James Hetfield let's it out :batwink:

FRANTIC is one of My all-time favorite Metallica songs. I just love how darn crazy it is. James Hetfield is so great here :batsmile:

Now this is from their album Death Magnetic from 2008...15 years ago this year :shock: This is their fantastic End of the Line. This is actually a cryptic sequel to The Master of Puppets...listen to the lyrics :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: At 5:52 it sounds so much like a classic Metallica song and I absolutely dig how Hetfield sings here :batwink:

Here's Cyanide, it's a really good one :!:

I got another great Metallica spotlight with some history behind it coming soon so keep a look out for that for that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 am

Been awhile since this thread saw some action, so since I mentioned this over in the Zen thread, here's Motley Crue from 1987. A video that really stuck with me as a 9 year old even if the lyrics weren't the best thing for a child of that age, lol.

Take a ride...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am

Yes, I've been meaning to update it with more Metallica cause there's still some more good stuff to go but I just haven't had the time to, same thing with My Composer topic but soon ;)

That was a good video there of Motley Crue and that is a great memory of your time PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 pm

What the heck, we're reviving old threads so, I just heard this on Pandora and it still slaps. This CD was blasted many a times while we were playing 2 on 2 basketball in my friends driveway back then. The whole album is pretty good, but this song is on another level.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 am

Yes, topics just sittin' around doin' nothin' :roll: Actually I'm not familiar with Everclear nor knew that song but it was good and that was good trivia you said too PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm

Really? I thought they were pretty big in the mind-90s. Huh. They had a couple good albums but then I lost track of them after a couple years.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions