Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:10 am

Ha, who is the 3rd person?

Lol, it's actually my mother-in-law, I know, not the most exciting third wheel but I'm sure she'll pay for drinks and souvenirs since we bought the ticket for Mother's Day.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 08, 2023 6:54 am

It's Hulk Hogan...the biggest betrayer of all :o Oh, it's your second Mom ;) Don't be too hard, I don't know what's it's like to have extra family like that and wanted a big family from all sides but never happen :roll: If she likes/loves you then...you know ;) However I would see if I could get second thing or more from her when souvenirs are concerned...I love My Family but I will do a little thing like that :batwink:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:56 am

OK, now I'm gonna continue with Metallica because there's much more to do. Here's two more of My favorite songs on their great Garage Days Album that has it's 25th anniversary this year!

The Small Hours is really good and gosh is it fun :batwink:

The Wait is one one of My all-time favs, it's so darn thrilling, I love everything about it especially the building guitar starting at 2:52 then at 4:03 when the rumbling happens then Hetfield sings THE WAIT :!:

More soon :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:58 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:52 am

Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up is a classic, I always thought his voice didn't match his looks but he was quite good :)

So now I'm going to post this Metallica special, it is from the totally epic S&M Concert. It's one of the greatest concerts ever seen & heard IMO. This was huge for Me & My Mom when it happen back in 99, its still so wonderful as we always talk about it. What the S&M stands for is Symphony and Metallica. They are joined with the San Francisco Orchestra and it is conducted by none other than the legend, the late great Michael Kamen. I talked about him before and I hope people here and elsewhere remembers him. He composed the music for the original Dead Zone, for the first three Die Hard movies, all four Lethal Weapons, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves which the theme of the film is in the Morgan Creek logos! He did Event Horizon and What Dreams May Come whom he replaced the legendary Spaghetti Western master Ennio Morricone after he was rejected (remember we talked about this before in the Movie Trailer Topic) :shock: Earlier in My composer topic I deeply expressed about Peer-to-Peer Sharing from the early 2000s and how I got the special isolated score of Metallica's S&M with the orchestra only. It's a very special edit that can only be ripped & edited from the DVD. Here's My custom cover of it with Michael Kamen :)

Ok, now here we go with the first two songs that the crowd was nuts for. Look at how Michael Kamen comes out, that's the legend right there. I would love to talk about him more :) The orchestra is so superb, there's nothing like watching a grand concert with an orchestra. They perform Escatasy of Gold (the Clint Eastwwod films we talked about before) which was composed by Ennio Morricone. Kamen did this as an honor since he was hired to replace him with What Dreams May Come, watch how he conducts as he's Metallica's best friend and all 5 men look so well especially Hetfield :) It's a rather short piece then the big fun begins because the next song is H.P. Lovecraft's Call of the Ktulu :o Yes, the same song I provided in My Monster of Day a while back :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: If you listened to that and know it then you'll love this version because they perform it so well here and is so epic. You can just envision those Lovecraftian Great Old-Ones while this is playing :blbat: :blww: :blsm: The video ends before the song does so play the second one I provided after that at 6:22 for the exciting conclusion!

While I'm not going to post the whole concert there is a few more favorites of Mine which next will be the third song and that is arguably the greatest Metallica performance ever :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:12 am

So I hope you saw My previous post in order to be plugged into this :) Continuing Metallica's S&M with composer legend Michael Kamen. My Grandma really got kick of watching Kamen conducting throughout the whole concert, she loved it ;) Here's one of the greatest performances ever and this is The Master of Puppets :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 am

Continuing Metallica S&M, arguably the greatest concert of all-time, here's Of Wolf and Man :blbat:

This is arguably the greatest of them all and My favorite...Hetfield & Kamen are so marvelous here and this is The Thing That Should Not Be :blww: :blsm: :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:13 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M, they performed Fuel & The Memory Remains back to back which was great since since is the way it was on their excellent ReLoad ablum 2 years prior :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:39 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M, like I said this concert is one of the greatest of ever of all-time and was huge for Me & My Mom. It's so amazing how times and people have changed since then. Here's their new one they debuted called No Leaf Clover, it's arguably the best song not only in the entire concert but the best one they ever wrote. Michael Kamen really shines here and I just love how Hetfield sings, this song is so especially fantastic :!:

As a bonus here's the official music video which you see Michael Kamen very well here ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:47 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M here's Hero of the day :batwink:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions