Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:56 pm

I know the movie came out a few years later, but in my childhood this video was part of the Labyrinth universe....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:59 am

I am not familiar with that song. That was cool though. Are you talking about the same Peter Bowie Labyrinth :?: I know the film, it was great and directed by Jim Henson himself! So let Me get this straight...---> you entered this in your own childhood fan fiction, is that what you are saying here PB :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:04 am

Yes, I suppose you could put it that way.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:10 am

Hah, I thought so, that is cool you did that PB ;) I did stuff like that too with things when I was a youngster and really into My 20s or so:)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:11 am

Here's one more from Metallica's LOAD: Outlaw Torn. This is one of the most engaging songs EVER IMO and one of their best :!: Listen to that GUITAR at 6:40, its TREMENDOUS :!:

Next up will be selections from their ReLoad album which was a very similar yet strange one but it's actually My fave album of theirs :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 am

Shoot, before I get to ReLoad here is one more from Load, I can't believe I skipped Bleeding Me, its such a fantastic song, I sing it all the time, listen to guitar @ 3:35..gosh it's wonderful :batsmile:

Now next i will feature ReLoad ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:43 pm

Don't think I ever heard either of those, which is weird because I was a senior in high school so I would've definitely been listening to music still then. While I was never a big fan, as I've said, I can appreciate that their music got more complexed sounding over the years. I guess we all improve with age. 1996 was a pretty good year for music.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:59 pm

I guess Coolio passed away yesterday at the age of 59 (we're all getting so old). Rap was never my thing but there was occasionally a song that broke through and I actually enjoyed. Just a great summer drive song....

RIP Artis Leon Ivey Jr AKA Coolio

Good song, never saw the movie...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:07 am

Yes, he died, may he rest in peace :roll: I'm the same way. Yes, the Gangster's Paradise was a great song and no I never saw the film either from 95.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:18 pm

Well, Coolio got me thinking of Weird Al because...

I know this one is newer, but being an English Major, this one always makes me laugh....

And of course, there's always the classics....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions