Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:37 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M here's Devil's Dance :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:55 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M here's Bleeding Me, this is so good :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:54 am

Here's Nothing Else Matter's from Metallica's S&M. This is such a wonderful piece :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:36 am

Here's Until It Sleeps continuing Metallica's S&M, Of course this was huge for Me & Mom when the original song came out on the single album in 1996 however it took My Grandma a while but My Grandma would eventually love this the original 1996 song from their great Load album was the one that I introduced here to the band and she really liked it and then when loved this version as well ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:21 am

I know I said I wasn't going to do the whole thing but this is like the greatest concert of ever of all-time so since I'm a big Metallica & Michael Kamen fan so heck with it, I'm going for it :o This is easily one of the funnest songs of the entire concert and one of the coolest you could ever listen too...it's For Whom The Bell Tolls :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:17 am

Continuing Metallica's S&M, here's the other new one called -Human :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 am

Continuing with Metallica S&M, here is Wherever I May Roam. Now long ago when I revealed that Metallica is My favorite band of ever of all-time, I had said that Wherever I May Roam was THE song of their's got got Me hooked on them in 1992 when I saw the original video on MTV when MTV was still great that was actually music Television. The green light just hit Me hard and I'm so glad that it did because ever since this has been major part of My life :) Now this version is much darker sounding since Michael Kamen is conducting the San Francisco Orchestra...it sounds so epic too :batwink: Oh check out Kirk Hammett's guitar, it's Karloff's Mummy from The Universal Monsters :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:29 am

Continuing Metallica S&M. I saw there's nearly 2000 comments on this one, I'm glad I'm not the only one on good old SM that knows how wonderful this concert was and talking about their memories. I give big kudos who praise this album and does that! This is one is truly a masterpiece which is Outlaw Torn that they debuted on their great Load album in 96 and I've always loved this song since it came out then :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:39 am

So more with Metallica S&M, here's Sad But True which was one of the best songs on the excellent Black Album and this is a great version too!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:46 am

Some of those sound really cool with the orchestra. I've never really watched many concerts on TV, it seems to defeat the purpose of it being live. I get not everyone can be at every concert but, I don't know, watching them on a TV never did much for me. But then again, I've never been a huge concert person anyway. That Aerosmith concert we were planning on going to in January was postponed with no new date announced. If it isn't rescheduled by next month I can get a rufnd, but until then my money is in limbo.

This isn't as old a song, but I just found it a few months ago and the words have sort of haunted me since. It was produced and released posthumously after Leonard Cohen died. It's slower, but I find the lyrics and music to be quite powerful.

In the prison of the gifted I was friendly with the guards
So I never had to witness what happens to the heart

Now the angel's got a fiddle, the devil's got a harp
Every soul is like a minnow, every mind is like a shark
May have broken every window, but the house
The house is dark, I care but very little
What happens to the heart

I was always workin' steady, but I never called it art
It was just some old convention like the horse before the cart
I had no trouble betting on the flood against the Ark
You see, I knew about the ending, what happens to the heart
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions