Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:29 am

So continuing Prince's Batman here is Partyman & Scandalous!

Next up will be a tremendous one from Batman Returns :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Ah, Prince. I don't remember Scandalous. His Super Bowl halftime performance will always be tough for anyone to surpass. I mean, he played Purple Rain in the middle of a rainstorm where the producers supposedly didn't want him to perform because of the weather. Legend. It's a shame he was gone too soon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:08 am

Gosh, Scandalous was in a brief scene in the movie plus the end credits. Yeah, it was kinda shocking about him :roll: Oh his Purple Rain (84) was a great classic, My Grandma MiMi really liked it. Since we're talking about it here it is.

Ok, here is Siouxsie and the Banshees with their great Face to Face song from Batman Returns in 1992 :batsmile: It was seen in the very emotional scene when Bruce & Selina are at the masquerade party and they find out who each other are :batsmh: The song was written by Danny Elfman and its a really a weird but cool music video :batwink: It's truly a masterpiece, I listen to this countless times back in the day, My Grandpa PoPo got Me the CD at Peaches/Sound Warehouse, that was some day :batsad:

Speaking of Elfman, yesterday I updated his section, its some of his best and some of My favorites, when you can and get time make sure you check it out, there is some incredibly powerful music there that you'll love ;)

We'll see what's next for this topic :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:13 am

I've heard of Souixie and the Banshees, but I can't say I recall any songs of theirs, including that one.

Haven't done one of these in a bit, but after over 26 hours of driving to and from Myrtle Beach in the last two weeks, this was one song we surprisingly heard several times on the road and had to crank up each time it came on. This is a terrific power ballad, maybe one of the best...I didn't know much about "super groups" in 1990 or who Ted Nugent was, but this song sounded great back then and still holds up today....it's "those Damn Yankees"...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:04 am

Gosh, you never heard Souixie & Elfman's "Face to Face" before :?: Dang it's so dang great and a big part of the film like I said before. An edited version is in the end credits of the film, its really quite important to watch the end credits and listen to the background in scens for songs & music scores of movies, I've found many faves & surprises that way :batsmile:

Those Damn Yankees were very good, not My faves but good.

So now I'm going to post more Metallica. It had been about 5 years since the Black Album in 91. Fast forward to 96 when so much was changing, they came out with their new LOAD album. It was a huge event for Me & My Mom at Best Buy in South County to get it. Their style in looks & sound changed so much but We got used to'em right away and just loved it. I would introduce their music to My Grandma MiMi and she would get into them as well.

This is the precursor sound & style that started the way they are today. Here is their "Until It Sleeps"!

More Metallica and others soon!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:01 am

I like some Metallica. We were in the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach and The Unforgiven came on and I found myself singing along to them. They've just never been a band where I actually bought an album of theirs.

The Hard Rock also had an appetizer called One Night in Bangkok Shrimp which amused me.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:12 am

That sounds really cool, I love singing their songs, I try hard to mimic James Hetfield great accent. The Unforgiven is tremendous song which I already posted before. Metallic made 2 other parts years later which I'll get to soon. Now see, it was the opposite for Me, I think their the best, got their albums, IMO nobody had their sound & style especially Hetfield, he is just so awesome, love his expressions, same still goes today.

So more of Load - "King Nothing"!

Wait til you see the one I got in store next :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:54 am

Oh I loved that Bangkok, CHECKMATE :!:

Here is Metallica's "Hero of the Day". Before your movie trailers topic I was going to post this song and spin it off and create a topic called "Hero of the Day" after I would post this song but we are talking about our heroes there so that took care of that but in a good way ;)

So another great one from their Load album in 96. This was so creative. Metallica all has cool roles in this, Hetfield makes such a good cowboy. Now CHECK THIS :? Look CLOSELY at the kid's TV, he has a Vintage KENNER STAR WARS RANCOR on it :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Keep in Mind, Kenner/Hasbro was just coming out with the SW POTF 2 this year in 1996 IN FULL FORCE :? :lol: They wouldn't remake the Rancor till 97. I just flipped out when I saw him all of these years ago cause I have the same great figure and I haven't seen anything about him for such a long time before it, it was so surprisng back then :batsmile:

More Metallica to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:30 am

I remember when that album came out the big news was that they cut their hair, lol.

Heard this on the radio the other day. I remember seeing Scrooged (we're saving that trailer for December--Bob) on Christmas Day and being excited when I saw Buster Poindexter because he was the Hot, Hot, Hot guy. If this song doesn't make you want to smile and dance, then I don't know what will...

Couldn't remember if I'd posted that one before. Everything seems to blur together these days.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:35 am

No you didn't post this before ;) Ah yes, David Johansen's alter-ego. This was great and such a classic. Yes, it makes one want to dance and sing :) One thing about this video is tha women. Gosh their classy hot ;) The 80s & 90s women looked the best! Such a great music video :)

Oh, you do the Scrooged trailer write up when the time comes oh but what a coincidence, I'm doing a tiny bit of Scrooged in My next Danny Elfman update so check it out when you can :o

Yep, they did cut their hair ;) So did you notice the Rancor in the previous video, I thought you'd say something about it right away :?: Here is another one which is "Mamma Said". James Hetfield is such a star here and the song is so great :batsmile:

More later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions