Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 am

Crazy Jetty wrote:Yeah, it hasn't gotten as bad as on Syfi, where they stop the show and have the characters demonstraight the car's features.

Good thing NBCUniversal didn't buy Marvel, then.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 am

Yeah, the car stuff doesn't bother me too much on this show. Then again, most TV shows really push their automotive partners (Fox loooooooves Ford), so I'm probably just blind to it.

At least the plane didn't crash land in the middle of an Ihop. And nobody stopped after the big plane battle to chug a nice, refreshing Pepsi. That kind of product placement bugs me. Cars I can deal with, unless, like you guys said, it's SyFy's aggressive, "Look what this can do ZOMG neato!" garbage.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Y'know, I caught the first fifteen minutes and it just didn't do anything for me. Just felt like a generic show using the SHIELD name and not a show about SHIELD. Maybe I need to watch a whole episode, but it looked pretty blah to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Episode 2 (haha) was better than the pilot; but not by much. The team is coming together, Coulson is still silly looking but then he remembers all his past so...; and SHIELD is obviously monitoring everything that happens so she's going to be used by both sides and spit out...until her inevitable siding with SHIELD to win the day.

And didn't the fighting-agent guy say "in English" 3 or 4 times? I knew it was coming and it was old when he said it...honestly if they kil off the techies I'd be much happier; can't stand those 2 already and it's only 2 shows...they make me want to lash out irrationally...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I liked this episode a lot more. The first half was slow going, but it gets a lot better, packer. :wwsmile: The tech duo suck!! You got that right, Acid. It's like having two Jar Jar Binks at once! I hope the ratings don't continue to drop. I think this show has some promise and needs a chance to develop...
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:57 am

Simmons is kinda growing on me. Reminds me a little of Hermione. Fitz sucks, though, and I don't like the two together, which unfortunately is pretty much all the time.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:37 pm

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said about this show so far. I do like it. Ep 2 was way better than Ep 1. Tech duo are annoying. lol. Coulson and Melinda, very cool. Skye = hot. I'm curious about tomorrow's episode, tho. Looks like Dr. Franklin Hall AKA Graviton will be making an appearance so that'll be our first real Marvel super powered character on the show since we only got a "pseudo-Cage" in the first one and not really sure about Ep 2 if those characters ever appeared in the comics. I never really followed the SHIELD stuff too closely.

Franklin_Hall_Marvel.gif
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Watching the new episode right now. Looks pretty cool so far!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 pm

That was great. Probably my favorite episode so far! Made it worth the cheesy group walking in the darkness scene at the beginning. :batwink:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Was a great ep. I now have a crush on the actress who plays Skye, lol.

Also, I'm convenced that Coulson is not an android, whatever he is.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Media