Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 am

It was definitely a fun ep tonight. The story was fun and that's an interesting take on the Graviton character. What does everyone think about Coulson? what do you think the big secret behind his return is?
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Man, the chick who plays Skye had me since minute one on this show. Definitely my type - brunette, sarcastic, sorta exotic looking. She looked great in that pink dress!

I loved how they brought Graviton into the show, and it's nice to see Ian Hart getting work somewhere. I'll admit, I called that the stinger scene was going to hint that Hall wasn't dead, but I really liked being right in that case - they managed to handle his powers in a pretty cool way. Plus I like how the show's developed the relationships between the characters, and (surprisingly) Fitz and Simmons are growing on me a bit. Glad they got a full season, at the very least, and I'm pretty curious to see who this new super gal is next week. Word is she'll be sticking around, unlike ExtremisGuy from the pilot.

As for Coulson? Phew, man, I don't think he's a robot. That'd just be kind of silly. If I had to venture a wild guess, I'd say that instead of Fury faking his death, Coulson was actually dead for those months he was on the island, and somehow they brought him back. Not sure how they'll explain it...magic? Alien technology? Super Soldier serum? Gamma? The robot thing seems like they'll be reserving it for Ultron in Avengers 2, and I REALLY doubt that the Skrulls will be wasted on a TV show when they could pop up in another Marvel movie (GOTG 2, if we get there?).
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 pm

I thought the Chitari... or whatever they're called, *are* the skrulls. Just the Ultimate Marvel version of them anyway.

No idea who the chick in the next ep is, but I'm betting on the gal from Agents of H.A.T.E.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm

I refuse to watch the show until they introduce Nick Fury Sr.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 pm

That's a tall order. Haven't seen a lot of booze and hamburgers on the show.

Pretty damn good episode tonight, BTW. Best one yet...by a lot.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm

I agree, this episode is the absolute best one that's aired so far. These are genuinely getting better with each episode. Also, each episode features a story which is quite different from the previous which I'm really liking.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Yeah, it's definitely been improving and the cast seems to be finding their legs really, really quick. I didn't care much for the techies, and I still find them a little annoying when they interact with the others (except maybe Skye), but when they're working solo? It's pretty nice to have tech characters slinging snappy dialogue off one another like they did tonight. And I really dug how they handled Coulson's former protege (forgot her name). Man, now I wanna see who's pulling the strings!

And I really like the relationship they've developed between Coulson and Skye. The whole "A.C." thing was kind of silly, and she's obviously gonna wind up with Ward, but it's nice to see a Giles-Buffy sort of dynamic going on between them.

Here's hoping next week isn't more of that Extremis mess. I know the guy has flame powers, but maybe they're going to do something different. Fingers crossed, since the show's been improving every week.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:01 am

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Every time I put it on I lose interest after a couple minutes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Maybe ask your doctor about Ritalin :smwink:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh, I greatly prefer Sleepy Hollow - seriously, awesome show - to Agents of Shield, but the writing is definitely getting better the further along they get. To me, it feels like the early episodes of Buffy - before the writers figured out how to make the cast gel really, really well. But the cast is already starting to click more than they did in the pilot (which felt rushed because of the pointless attempt at developing the super-character as opposed to the team) the more they interact. It's definitely more promising than the pilot led me to think it would be.

I'm kind of glad they didn't overindulge on multiple plot threads right out of the gate, just in case it wasn't a runaway success and the show got canned after half a season or whatever. Sleepy Hollow's a rare exception (already renewed for a second season) to the rule; generally shows get mythology heavy about halfway through the first season - a point I'm definitely looking forward to for Shield.

And, for now, it's easily my favorite comic show running on TV. Heresy, I know, but Season 3 of The Walking Dead was so disappointing, and Season 4 is ineven right out of the gate (Hershel - the vet - doesn't even LOOK at the sick pig? Huh?). And give me Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennett, and Ming Na over Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, and Felicity Smoak (I don't know the actress' name) any day of the week.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Media