Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 am

Yes PB, that video helps. dads over in Japan has been dealing with this for a long time like decades...hopefully some found a tirck like you :)

Acid, that's good you know what the Eras are called ;) the MonsterVerse series is great and I love their designs and even the CGI and this is coming from someone who really dislikes this modern era and it's overdone CGI stuff. So far the MonsterVerse has been pretty darn fun. Godzilla vs. Kong is a wonderful movie, not as epic as G:KOTM but still great :) I haven't had the chance to see Monarch TV show yet however.

OK, so in anticipating of the new film, I've been thinking of this. I'm going to show all of the monsters that is in the movie from what I know thus far. First is of course GODZILLA!

I love his design and the way he is. He's so ideal of what he's supposed to be like when you compare how he wa sin the classic movies of the Showa, Heisei & even the Millennium series.

By time in Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, he's 393 feet tall, 582 feet long and weighs over 99,634 tons and is called "Evolved" Godzilla, notice his pinkish colors :o

There is going to be some incredible scenes in the film GxK but its going to be hard to top his scene when he drills a hole in Hong Kong straight to Hollow Earth in GVK via his Atomic Breath which is pretty insane how that occurred :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Your thoughts about Godzilla :?: I will do Kong tommow and will work up to the new Titans :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:03 pm

I still like the big head Godzilla, lol. Something charming about a guy in a costume. This design is [retty good. I like it a lot more than the Shin Godzilla version which just didn't look right to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 am

Oh yeah, like I said yesterday to Acid, I prefer the practical effects over CGI and really "the guy in a suit" is the same difference there. The thing with Me is that if your an actor then you know it's all real, you see it, you can touch it and all that and when your acting to be afraid or whatever about it you can do it really good because it's "practicable"...acting in front of a green screen ain't that real to Me. With that being said however, I think the CGI is is done wonderfully in the MonsterVerse movies thus far :)

OK, so next is King Kong I really like his MonsterVerse design. In his first movie Kong: Skull Island which was in 1973 he was only a 104 feet tall which dwarfed many versions of Kongs in film. He doesn't look like other Apes in other movies either yet has a complete realistic Ape look so that is a big plus there.

I love his face, he looks like a pure Gorilla and yes he goes on all fours...that's something very important cause that's what real primates do especially and not always walking upright :)

Now by time Godzilla vs. Kong in 2021, he really grew...he's 337 feet and weighs over a 100 tons. I like how he has big time intelligence and knows how to use weapons. I especially like how he has a battleaxe that is actually one of Godzilla's dorsal plates :)

Kong is a bit older here as he's showing he's a veteran now with graying hair. PB along with others on the web has said about Kong having the infinity gauntlet. This is actually a power glove that is made from APEX Technology from the previous film which they trend stuff like that since the beginning of the MonsterVerse franchise using something from the previous film. I know what happens as to WHY Kong is wearing this, IMO it's a really cleaver move on their part :)

Now in the new film, there's a really cool scene. Kong is using the glove from his injury. Godzilla is in Egypt...Kong is sent there to warn Godzilla and you know, Godzilla has that reptilian thought frame of mind...kill now, ask questions later mentality...well Kong goes like"I gotta tell you something, I gotta tell you something" waving his arms at Godzilla as Godzilla is charging him...oh this is something else when this happens :shock:

GxK 1.jpg

Before they were enemies...

when they became allies when Mechagodzilla aka King Ghidorah Incarnate came about and eventually defeated him/them.

Now their teaming up once again but against whom and/or what :?:

Find out tomorrow :shock:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am

So now here's some of the new Titans that's in the movie. First off I must begin with Suko, the Mini-Kong. He is a juvenile Titan Ape. He is at first afraid of King Kong but realizes he is good.

Now in other Kong films such as the 1933 movie he never got to meet his son Kiko and the 1986 King Kong Lives he barley got to see his new born Baby Kong. In this film I believe Kong adopts Suko as Kong jr. so there will be a Father & Son-like scenario going on here :)

GxK 4.jpg

Suko looks short but he's actually about 150 feet tall and weighs more than 50 tons. He will play a big part in this story.

So where does Suko come from because it was thought Kong was possibly the last of his species :?:

He came from a kingdom of Great Titan Apes deep within the Hollow Earth :o

Now they are led by the new antagonist of the film called Skar KingAn Orangutan Titan that has been corrupted by a extraordinary crystal for thousands if not of millions of years that may have started the war between the Titans of prehistory :!:

He wants Kong & Godzilla dead and their skulls at his throne :!:

He's slight shorter & lighter than Kong. He controls the great apes and keeps them as his slaves :wwsmh: :batsmh: :smsmh:

He is an excellent fighter. He prefers his Whipslash which is a spinal column from a fallen deceased Titan.

He's really insane and has such rage :!:

I think he has a great design and it's great that King Kong has another Simian Titan to fight. I know people were joking as he looks like Lanky Kong from Donkey Kong 64 like they were joking about the Thanos Glove bit but really I never thought that. I don't see this as a Planet of the Apes nor a Congo ripoff either. Don't forget what I said before, Hollywood has gone "ape" since the 30s with the original 1933 King Kong because the gorilla wasn't discovered not to long before that because it was actually a Cryptid and a myth that nobody believed about "the hairy man of the jungle" till they found them which makes Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Skunk Apes, Napes, Yeti, Yowie and their kin even more plausible to exist which i know they do cause I saw one 15 years ago this year this very month in March so see My Cryptozoology Topic for that :!: Of course so few ever mentions E.R. Burroughs Tarzan...he wrote Tarzan of the Apes in 1912 :!: :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Sure, Hollywood made Tarzan films but how many people really talk about the godfather of all sci-fi :roll: Ever since the Gorilla's discovery Hollywood has milked this so much with their obsessive ways I mean look at Kong, Mighty Joe Young, Three Stooges & Abbot & Costello, Universal Monsters, Planet of the Apes, Toho , Dino De Laurentiis, Nintendo, Michael Critchon and I could go on & on. I love Apes and Gorillas, their magnificent creatures and they should get the attention that they have :)

GxK 5.jpg

This whole event in GxK: TNE with Skar King is going to be excellent to see how this all unfolds. Next I will post the new Titan that is the REAL threat in this movie :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:53 pm

I'm really interested in Shimo. They've been so secretive about it and there isn't much of him in the trailer, that I think the mystery makes it more fun. Should know more soon enough. Before we got into the watching the old films, Godzilla and Kong teamup seemed kind of odd to me, but really, there's a long history of tag team wrestling in these movies, especially the 70s where they actually did dropkicks and such, lol. It makes sense.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

Oh yes PB, I was going to say about how I saw Kaiju movies are not that different from action films & wrestling. Like movies scores & wrestling themes...there's not that much of a difference. I never said it because I didn't know what others thought so...I had this frame of mind at a very early age I mean there was many teams, Godzilla & Anguirus vs. Gigan & King Ghidorah, Godzilla & Jet Jaguar vs. Megalon & Gigan...I mean Destroy All Monsters was kinda like the WWF Royal Rumble 94...you had several monsters against 1 which was King Ghidorah where there was a whole bunch of guys to destroy the Undertaker which I showed you that video the other day. There's been a lot more than that PB ;)

OK, like I said at the end of Skar King about who is the REAL THREAT IS and that is SHIMO!

I guess your not into Skar King which like I said, he's really cool. Now it is great that your looking forward to Shimo. I know a lot so far cause when I first saw about this new Titan I was like wow...that one is ginormous but what/who is it :?: I wanted to know so I found out and boy this one became an instant favorite. Even though this Titan is new and they could have used an old, well known Kaiju like Anguirus, Baragon or somebody like that, I have no prob with this design of making this new Titan/Kaiju the huge threat in this movie :) Now follow Me PB because there's much here so you'll know as much as I do and there will be some minor spoilers here so be warned as to what you are going to read and see :)

Shimo is NOT a he, it's a she :batshock: :wwwink: That's great that there is another female Titan :) First let's get to the origins. In a recent Call of Duty game called Call of Duty: Vanguard, it has a special Godzilla x Kong crossover feature...

within the game there is a cave. Explore the cave and you see a cave an ancient cave painting of Godzilla fighting a much larger unknown Titan...

this unknown Titan is now known as SHIMO :!: She has been in the plans of the MonsterVerse for a long time :o

Also in the Lords Mobile game she appeared as a silhouette...

and her portrait was revealed which was quite beautiful looking.

Shimo is absolutely ginormous, she's nearly twice the size of Godzilla which she is one of the biggest Titans seen thus far, she's even larger than King Ghidorah :o Her name means Frost & Abyss in Japanese. She is an arctic reptilian Titan that has been nicked named the "Blizzard Lizard". She resemble a gorgeous feathered dragon in a way. I adore her design :)

It is believed that Shimo encountered King Ghidorah long ago and froze him :!: She also has 'world ending" powers as it is believed that she is solely responsible for freezing Antarctica when she froze Monster Zero :shock:

Skar King is much older than Kong, possible the eldest of all great apes on Earth. He too encountered Shimo but since he has non-reptilian intelligence and wants to rule Hollow Earth he had a major plan...

He uses the crystal that corrupted his mind and kept her as his monstrous prisoner to Destroy All Titans :!:

He who controls Shimo, controls Hollow Earth!!!

So Kong is in Skar's kingdom, there he meets a titan he never knew before...

he sees the bright blue eyes of Shimo coming out of her lair ready to fight :o

She has enormous chains around her neck...look at the sheer size of her...Kong looks little like Suko compared to her :batshock:

She fires her Ice Beam/Frost Breath Blast at Kong :!:

Kong attempts to block it with his axe but it is no good...his hand & forearm get's frostbitten and this is WHY he has to wear the glove now...like I said this was cleverly done :)

Shimo escapes and is in South America particularly Brazil...she wants to freeze it all :batsmh:

I believe she freezes Godzilla for a time but this is when his new "evolved" powers come into play and I love how his pinkish colors are which it's really cool how it even comes thru his gills :!:

Skar King orders her with his crystal to protect & fight with him against Kong, Suko & Godzilla which is going to be totally awesome with Kong drop-kicking Skar :!:

Here's a great look to see how much bigger Shimo is compared to Godzilla :o

Here's that epic fight from a distance :o

So very awesome :)

Well, that will do it for this part. I believe I'm correct on most of this, whenever we see the movie we can see how close I was at it so keep all of this in mind ;) All of this is really crazy exciting, in fact there really hasn't been this much excitement for a film IMO since G:KOTM. Next I'll see about entering other Titans that is in the film too :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:09 am

Here's a list of many Titans that is in the movie that I know of.

Scylla - The monster of Greek Mythology returns as she has a massive fight with Godzilla in Rome. Her loyalty to him did not last long from G:KOTM and it's like how did that happen :?: It was all about nuclear power :o

Tiamat, the ancient Mesopotamian dragon encounters Godzilla...this fight has been anticipated since she was revealed in G:KOTM :!:

GxK 10.jpg

Titanous Doug returns from GvK. Really I can't believe they greenlit the name Doug all because of some random social media-ite said it and the company saw it and it stuck with them :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

This is the creature that is also known as the Foetodon. The thing is that's the same name of the creatures in the 2005 Peter Jackson King Kong which has nothing to do with the MonsterVerse...it still makes no sense to Me that they did this :? The creatures do resemble each other but really I just would have went with Lizard Godzilla or better yet the Lava Hole Lizard names.

The creature had a cave painting is Call of Duty: Warzone with a Hellhawk & Rockclaw :!:

Leafwings are seen in Hollow Earth which these are also known as Pterodactylus & Psycho Vultures from the previous movies of K:SI & G:KOTM.

I believe that King Ghidorah & Mechagodzilla has a important mentioning in this movie which they should.

Warbats & Hellhawks appears once again.

New creatures Wart Dog & Parrot Frog appear.

Within Skar King's kingdom, there is many Great Ape Titans seen there.

There is other creatures that I cannot get pictures of as of yet Vertacine, Eel-like Monster, Carnivorous Tree, Hollow Earth Grub & Hollow Earth Dragonfly but there is one very interesting and downright incredible fallen Titan. It's skeleton is seen and it absolutely dwarfs Kong & Suko...was this Titan the largest of them all :?:

Also the other day they revealed that the Second Generation of Mothra in it as well :o

I will see about the other Titans and get pictures of them ASAP. If you haven't seen My special about Shimo and the others see them soon as more is coming soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:16 am

I remember Tiamat from the 80s D&D cartoon. I actually had the toy back then, I guess it's worth a lot of money now. Wish I still had it. Interesting about Shimo. We'll see how right you are. Probably going to go see this on Tues or Wed since the kids are home from school.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:49 am

That's cool that you had that by LJN PB :) If you notice how some of these monsters are like Tiamat for instance, their based on legends, myths & religion. While it's been done many times in the past like D&D, the MonsterVerse is heavily focusing on it in a somewhat different way. In G:KOTK there was many revealed on the screen that the scientist had, some that's been in the movies, some been in the comics and some that hasn't been revealed yet. I find this an interesting take on the ancient legends :) For instance there's Titanus Quetzalcoatl in South America, the reptilian god of Mexico.

In Morocco there's Titanus Baphomet whom the Knights Templar worshiped and this androgynous age is becoming. So interesting that WB & Legendary chose that deity, it must be a take of Toho's scrapped story of Godzilla vs. The Devil :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Also Titanus Mokele Mbembe is the legendary cryptid in Africa which this one I've known since I was a youngster. I can't wait for this one :)

In Greece, Titanus Typhon is also a big one as he is the father of monsters in Greek Mythology and also in Australia there's Titanus Bunyip which is yet another Cryptid :shock:

Before I go further here this little special. On March 25, the U.K. revealed two gigantic sculptures of Godzilla and Kong as they were brought to London for only a short day (which is like why :?: with a 65 foot-long Godzilla swimming in the Thames near the Tower Bridge and a huge Kong emerging from the ground holding a phone booth in his hand :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 am

Yes, we'll see how accurate I am about Shimo along with the other stuff ;) That's great you going to see Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire on Tuesday or Wednesday PB :) It came out on the 29th so that means people has already seen it, hopefully many of them appreciate monster/Kaiju movies and are loyal to this MonsterVerse franchise. Actually the premier was on the 25th. When I used to go to the show I usually never went on the premiere day or first official nigh because of the crowds. Though if it was a movie like this that not everybody thinks is the one to see or just not good enough I would keep a very close eye on the showtimes at My local theater's web page which would be Wehrenberg that Marcus took over and see how the showtimes are diminishing. I'll never forget in 2018 how Pacific Rim 2's showtimes within a week went from 12 showings to just 5 within a week and that means they took it off of the IMAX screen too that fast :o Like I said before, I was lucky that I got to see it at the show. This was happening because of good 'ol people not being interested (again it's always people) and other films that is "supposedly better" which on that night I saw A Wrinkle of Time, A Quiet Place and the reboot of Tomb Raider. I sued to see 3 to 4 films 1 a month in one setting so I could get it all done in one whack plus I's see them on 5 Dollar Tuesdays so seeing 4 movies was only $20...I never understood why people would chose any other day I mean it was a totally no-brainer plus I'd get rewards for free food and more. Those were the movies to My liking and the only ones that I thought were going to be good as Pacific Rim 2 and they were. About a week or so later Pacific Rim 2 was gone and the others were soon to follow but A Quite Place lasted the longest. So if I was going to the show to see this I would be keeping up with them showtimes and see it on the IMAX screen at least twice along with Ghostbusters: The Frozen Empire...

I find it strange that a Godzilla and Kong movie that has to do with "frozen" elements in the movie (see My Shimo special) comes out during the same time as a Ghostbusters movie called "Frozen Empire" not to mention it's two great franchises that I have loved since I was little and that this year marks an anniversary for both as Godzilla has it's 70th Anniversary from 1954 and Ghostbusters has it's 40th Anniversary from 1984 :o I will elaborate more on Ghostbusters at a later time cause I got some plans going for that in the Movie Trailer's Topic as well as My All-Crucial Odds & Ends. :shock:

As a special side note, long ago I wrote a short story called Ghostbusters: The Ghost of Godzilla. In My younger mind back then it was extremely ideal because both were by Sony. It would be GB 3 and My story goes as they would encounter the ghost of Godzilla 98. Too bad Sony and company never did this and instead contemplating on failed script after failed script for years & years wasting so much time because My story would've been totally awesome with two very much needed sequels as GBs last film was in 89 and Heisei was supposed to make Godzilla vs. Ghost Godzilla but never happen so I thought My idea was great :)

Here's this from the last few days of good news about the success of Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire :)

Here's this great trailer that Legendary/WB put together with the origins of how the MonsterVerse started in 2014 with the first Godzilla movie, then in 2017 with Kong: Skull Island, 2019's Godzilla: King of the Monsters, 2021's Godzilla vs. Kong and then 2024's Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire...what a great trailer this :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions