Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:31 pm

Don't recall that Vic-20, but I also played that Star Wars game a ton in the arcade.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

That's great you played the Star Wars Arcade game a lot PB ;) I never seen that Hot Wheels Sizzler with the Juice Machine but I believe there was a similar one in the 80s that I saw and may even had it at one point. That was really, really cool :)

Here's this Commodore VIC-20 Australian Commercial from 1982 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

That was some Easter TRU commercial and I don't think I saw that one before at all :o

This is a short compilation of Commodore VIC-20 Commercials, really this is surreal :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:48 am

That was a really cute 1978 M&M's Easter Commercial :)

Here's this Commodore V-C-20 Commercial, this is one is unique ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:05 pm

That sounded very 80s.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:29 am

I kinda recall that Shake-An-Egg Kit. That was very sweet :)

HAPPY EASTER :)

First I just want to say that I loved Easter back in the early 90s because My Grandma MiMi rented Me the SNES for Easter in 92 for about a week at Schnucks on Iron Street then a year later in 93 rented Me Sega Genesis over at Blockbuster Video in Holly Hills. These times were the first times that I ever played them systems. It was like a cool tradition that I will never forget :)

Here's this nice Cabury Egg comercial from 1984, 40 years ago this year :o

Here's this good Vintage Easter compilation with the one you posted before plus Daffy Duck, Snoopy, Care Bears, JCPenny, Target and more :)

As a bonus here's the 1991 Paas Easter Egg Color Cups :)

Another bonus, this Cadbury Egg Commercial from 1994, 30 years ago this year :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 am

Nice. I remember going to Putt Putt because you could rent the SEGA Genesis there. At one point that rented fames and systems there, I'd also rent Super TecmoBowl there often before we actually owned. My dad would call to see if they had it available before we drove out there. Those were good times.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:17 am

Yes, that's also how I first played Sega CD & Sega 32X as well but those weren't at Easter time :) Those times of yours sounded like really good times there PB, a lot of fun ;)

That was a nice Easter Bunny Commercial for Special Olympics :)

It's April Fools :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions