Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:48 am

Oh, I miss the old house this time of year. You can see how those Roseanne episodes were inspirational. Everyone looks so young in those pics, lol. Thanks for bumping them up. Brings back a lot of memories.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:34 am

Hah that's good PB and your welcome ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Halloween Thread - Brandon's Halloween!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:57 am

So today is Halloween. I haven't done anything since 2013 as I retired that year unfortunately due to people/the neighborhood and complicated situations. Please read all of this as it was from nearly a decade ago within the topic that nobody reply responded about and at the end I will have a special bonus to present here :blhal:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Oh I love Halloween, check what i do below :shock:

Well first and foremost do you like Halloween and celebrate it? Of course I'm too old to be actually trick or treating but I love Halloween a lot so I fixed that, For years EVERY year I dress up for Halloween and what I do is to make it REALLY fun, I scare the kids and then give them candy but there was many times that some didn't get any because they were so scared of Me! Oh man it's so hilarious! In the beginning I was a Baseball Player Lumberjack then a Ghost faced Alien and for the last several years I was Jason Voorhees (see below). I have so many stories about that stuff! Its so darn fun! People ask Me why do I do it and I simply reply to them "Today is Halloween, a day your suppose to be scared and I'm gonna scare 'em!"

Unfortunately I retired him in 2009, in 2010 I was the Monster Abyss (yes THE Monster Abyss from TNA!), in 2011 I was Darth Hyde (See Below), a totally NEW Star Wars character that I MADE UP! This year I'm gonna be Mr. Loonester the Nuttball, another character that is My idea and something quite new for Me to be and to do. UPDATE: I cancelled this character because it was too cold to do as I planned but LOOK at My character at the very bottom!

That's yours truly waiting to scare the kiddies as Jason!

Yep, that's Me as Darth Hyde, I made up a full story of his, look at Me closely! If you want to know it, just ask!

ImageImageImage

Here's a couple things on My mind right now!

I sit on the bench as you see in the picture in My first post and I act like I'm a dummy or a statue trying not to even breathe and then when the trick or treaters get close to Me I hurry up and get up and act like I'm gonna attack them and usually it scares the boys and girls but especially the girls but sometimes their wise to it or just don't scare easy Oh READ THIS! If that isn't enough when I suddenly "come alive" I give them their candy and then CHASE them down the street! Oh it's so freaking fun!!!

I LOVED THIS ONE: Last year when I was Monster Abyss trick or treaters were coming on My porch and I had the door open and they saw Me in the kitchen which is a bit aways from the door so I hurried up, walked fast with My big Janus 2X4 toward them, they couldn't believe it and they ran down the steps to down the street and they never got their FREAKIN' CANDY! Oh I loved it!

Another is when I was Darth Hyde, three good lookin' girls in their 20s, two brunette and one blonde was walkin' down the street. I was standing on the sidewalk extremely still like a statue. One of the brunettes said "I wonder if that guys is real?" The Blonde replied, "no, he isn't. Next thing you know I say in My made up voice I'M DARTH HYDE then I moved and the blonde replied" Oh $^&#, he is a real guy!" Oh man I loved that, it was so dang cool and so dang fun!

UPDATE: Last Halloween of 2012 I was The Slugger, an unsub or brutal killer! He was My own creation. It was simple and fun and I am going to be him again THIS YEAR but I will look a bit different!

ImageImage

Comments please! Questions if you got them! WHAT do you you on Halloween?

BrandonDaCollector wrote:OK, well, can you believe that Halloween is over with already and that is is the first of November? Here is My Halloween experience, I'll do some brief commentary and make it like a little event.

It kept on poring down rain throughout the entire morning and till about 6:15 PM, for a long while I had thought of Me not being able to do My Slugger act at all but I was able to do it for about 2 hours. I kept on watch the radar on The Weather Channel, I was amazing we had a Tornado watch till 1 AM :shock: Here we go 8)

There I am with My newer look!

ImageImage

Ah, a bonus!

There I am, ready to rock and hit some heads!

ImageImageImage

I had to My sweet Baseball swing after knocking somebody's block off :lol:

The Slugger wants you!

Well, My new mask idea was nice but I really had a hard time with it so I quickly went back to My old one and it not only was better fro Me but apparently it was much scarier as well cuz right after I put it on I scared most of everybody compared to the new new mask!!!!!!!

ImageImage

LOOK AT THIS: I stayed on the porch bench and acted like a mannequin or or dummy, I would then hurry and get up and freak everybody out then chase them with My bat :!:

ImageImage

OK, here is the highlights of the night!

1. I scared two young football players into the street after their parents let them out of their van!

2. I scared a young mother and her 3 kids! I banged My bat on the ground near them and the mom was actually more afraid of Me than they were. I finally gave them candy but then one of the kids said I wasn't scary then I said oh yeah, I then went on the porch then got My knife then scared them even more as they ran down the side as I chased them far down the street :shock:

3. There was a group of teenage girls with their mom. They were saying how frightened they were of Me (I knew they were on the sidewalk where I could get them!) and then I hurried up and stood up on the porch for a few seconds and they were shocked!!!!! I then ran for them and they were running and I still chased them down the street! One of the girls' dress hat flew off of her. I didn't want to feel guilty so in My deep monstrous voice I said hey and she turned around. I pointed to her hat and she said My hat? I picked it up and walking fast to her and she is standing still being afraid. I put her hat on her head and I said I'm not a bad guy then before she knew it I banged My bat on the ground and I said now get out of here!!!!!!

Oh wow this was so much fun, I love Halloween and I was so glad that it wasn't a total rain out. Oh I can't wait till the next time:)

BONUS!

Look what My Grandma got Me for Halloween, more things by Accoutrements and even Zombie Planet! I will talk about this sometime in the future so stay tuned:)

NOTE: The red car behind Me was My Grandma's Hyundai Accent, it was her Garfield Express. Some dumb@$$ drunk totaled it and killed a big tree with it and We got no justice for it either :x

OK, so there's that. Here is some other stuff that was on My mind. As you see I love to scare people. I'd get up real early to do a preshow, I'd get out there like 4:00 PM and I was either Jason or the Slugger. There was one time I was walking back and forth on the side walk...there was a convertible with two babes in it, they blew their horn at Me 7 waving at Me and I really liked that :) Every year I'd hope to encounter Emperor Palpatine, Darth Maul or Dr. Doom but never did however I did meet a Elvira however :? She was with her boyfriend, her hair was kinda blondish but gosh, she had the boobs...she HAD THE BOOBS :o It wasn't a chest plate or anything like that I mean the gal had big breasts...cleavage and all. She got right next to Me, she seemed very mature to be a teenager but she had to be in her early 20s...that was an amazing moment of mine :batgrin:

So PB said in his 31 Days of Halloween topic that he hopes people remember's his old house and all that jazz. Well, it was around the first week of October or so. I was sitting in My back yard reminiscing these times that I just said above and more and was saying to Myself...I wonder if there's still people that remember Me. That once in a while talks about that guy at the big house that scared the absolute udder crap out of them. I mean I know I was the talk of the town for years but still I hope they still remember how it was then... I was sitting there crying hoping that there's at least one person out there that does :(

NOTE: I was just outside in the backyard earlier by the driveway tonite and I saw 2 Trick or Treaters which i guess they were together , one was ghost I believe a little girl and the other was boy dressed up as a classic Dracula. The thing is kids today has no clue own it was back then of all I was talking about and how they are missing how fun it was or even long before that. There is hardly anyone that in My whole region that has decorations and celebrating the spooky holiday. I started noticing this a few years before I had retired and people changing, taking Our decorations down and throwing them on the neighbor's porch. I wasn't having it anymore. I always say about how pathetic this day and age is...unfortunately it was been going on for a long time...the p!amDemic just made it worse :roll:

So that's that, if your just now reading this I hope you take the time and read and see everything I have posted here from the beginning as its important. I hope you PB, Acid and all the spectators have a good & safe Halloween today :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Special Events