Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:Halloween - as the older I get it's gets less and less significant as time goes on.

Ha I feel the same way Doctor Fate. It is still fun for me because of all the halloween episode specials on TV but I just do not do as much to celebrate Halloween as I once did. I used to do a LOT more. Now I just gawk at everyone else's cool decos although the truth is there is not much by way of decorations in my neighborhood in the last few years I think most of the kids have grown up and gone away for college and not too much trick or treaters as there used to be.
Doctor Fate wrote:Anyway, I just wanted to share my experiences of Halloween and I did one time worked in a Haunted House for several years and because of my size 6'5" 275 lbs - I was Frankenstein for 7 years from 1982 to 1989.

Man you are one tall guy!!! If we ever do Legion of Doom cosplay you can be Grundy! :grnrage:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Illiasc wrote:Awesome decorations and emotes AcidDragon!

Thanks Ill! I'm especially happy with how bat *bleep* crazy Scarecrow and Solomon Grundy's emotes both turned out in the end.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Tango X wrote:
packerbacker180 wrote:Spent six hours Monday putting decorations out in front of the house.

Didn't finish yet, lol.

Pics or it didn't happen. Haha j/k but seriously pics would be cool. :blbat:

Oh of course. I'll have daytime and nighttime pics as soon as I'm done. It's been unseasonably dry and hot, so it's been a paint to get stakes in the ground. Plus kids running around makes everything twice as long. Well, not everything. :blhal:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Happy Halloween month, everyone. I also find myself in the situation that there isn't a whole lot of reason to decorate the house besides for my own enjoyment. Not a lot of children in my neighborhood. I think most of the parents bring their kids to go trick or treating in more trick or treating friendly neighborhoods, anyway. It's going to be another horror movie marathon Halloween for me unless there's some Halloween party going down that sounds cool. :mervgrin:

Merv Pumpkinhead, such an obscure reference. You do realize that now you have to do Sandman and the Endless?? :dmnwink:

Oh yeah and as I already semi-hijacked into the Haul thread, Monster Cereal is back!!! This year DC Comics did the artwork and I think it looks awesome. Especially Jim Lee's Boo Berry. Pic below.

General-Mills-Monster-Cereals-redesign-hero-IIHIH.jpg
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh my, I definitely have to be on the lookout for those! That's pretty awesome that DC's artists did the work this time. Much agreed, Boo Berry is excellent, but I always love Jim Lee's work. I also love their Count Chocula, very Merlyn and/or Ra's al Ghul looking. That one is probably my favorite among the three. Normally the Monster special cereals that I've seen are really goofy and kid-like, but these have a nice modern comic look, and I'm loving it.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:19 am

Those are some slick looking boxes, bud. :blhal:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Those are great looking cereal boxes! After I saw this, I was excited to hear that the grocery store here was stocking this cereal again.

When I turned up, they didn't have Boo Berry. They didn't even have the new box art. It turns out it's the art from last year.

Sure, it looks cute but I was really hoping I would be able to get my hands on these boxes. It also turns out that Canada is only getting Franken Berry and Count Chocula. Not Boo Berry! Why do you hate Canada so much, General Mills??? :wwsad:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah I heard that, it's a shame. Hey you've got your boo-buddy Washington just south of you to get some from, though. :gghlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 pm

True and wouldn't be the first time that I crossed the border to get things. It's about a 6 hour drive to get to Seattle and back and then there's the fact that I might get the cereal confiscated at the border which would not make my day lol. :wwwink:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Make a visit, spend the night, eat the whole box the next morning, then head back to Canada? :batlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events