Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman is one of my all-time favourites and I crack up everytime Chaney, Jr. loses it on the guy singing during the festival. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 am

Welcome to October 2013, all. Thought I'd ring in the new month with some Halloween decos. :klargrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 am

Oh I love Halloween, check what i do below :shock:

Well first and foremost do you like Halloween and celebrate it? Of course I'm too old to be actually trick or treating but I love Halloween a lot so I fixed that, For years EVERY year I dress up for Halloween and what I do is to make it REALLY fun, I scare the kids and then give them candy but there was many times that some didn't get any because they were so scared of Me! Oh man it's so hilarious! In the beginning I was a Baseball Player Lumberjack then a Ghost faced Alien and for the last several years I was Jason Voorhees (see below). I have so many stories about that stuff! Its so darn fun! People ask Me why do I do it and I simply reply to them "Today is Halloween, a day your suppose to be scared and I'm gonna scare 'em!"

Unfortunately I retired him in 2009, in 2010 I was the Monster Abyss (yes THE Monster Abyss from TNA!), in 2011 I was Darth Hyde (See Below), a totally NEW Star Wars character that I MADE UP! This year I'm gonna be Mr. Loonester the Nuttball, another character that is My idea and something quite new for Me to be and to do. UPDATE: I cancelled this character becuase it was too cold to do as i planned but LOOK at My character at the very bottom!

That's yours truly waiting to scare the kiddies as Jason!

Yep, that's Me as Darth Hyde, I made up a full story of his, look at Me closely! If you want to know it, just ask!

ImageImageImage

Here's a couple things on My mind right now!

I sit on the bench as you see in the picture in My first post and I act like I'm a dummy or a statue trying not to even breathe and then when the trick or treaters get close to Me I hurry up and get up and act like I'm gonna attack them and usually it scares the boys and girls but especially the girls but sometimes their wise to it or just don't scare easy Oh READ THIS! If that isn't enough when I suddenly "come alive" I give them their candy and then CHASE them down the street! Oh it's so freaking fun!!!

I LOVED THIS ONE: Last year when I was Monster Abyss trick or treaters were coming on My porch and I had the door open and they saw Me in the kitchen which is a bit always from the door so I hurried up, walked fast with My big Janus 2X4 toward them, they couldn't believe it and they ran down the steps to down the street and they never got their FREAKIN' CANDY! Oh I loved it!

Another is when I was Darth Hyde, three good lookin' girls in the 20s, two brunette and one blonde was walkin' down the street. I was standing on the sidewalk extremely still like a statue. One of the brunettes said "I wonder if that guys is real?" The Blonde replied, "no, he isn't. Next thing you know I say in My made up voice I'M DARTH HYDE then I moved and the blonde replied" Oh $^&#, he is a real guy!" Oh man i loved that, it was so dang cool and so dang fun!

UPDATE: Last Halloween of 2012 I was The Slugger, an unsub or brutal killer! He was My own creation. It was simple and fun and I am going to be him again THIS YEAR but I will look a bit different!

ImageImage

Comments please! Questions if you got them! WHAT do you you on Halloween?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Cool pics and ideas, dude. :smsmile:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 am

AcidDragon wrote:Cool pics and ideas, dude. :smsmile:

Thanks a lot AcidDragon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Finally got all the decorations out today. After years of accumulation its become a project of several hours. No real theme or anything. Here's a few night pics, I'll take some daylight ones too so you can see things better. On Halloween we setup a table in the driveway to hand out candy, cider, and doughnut holes. It's the one holiday I actually do the decorating, lol.

Front:

Trees along house:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Nice decorations, packer! Is that a creepy monster baby on the lawn in front of that sign? Lol. I don't have a front lawn that I can decorate so I have to resort to paper stickies on the windows and decorations around the home.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:14 am

Yes, yes it is a creepy baby monster, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Hey Packer! Where are those daytime decoration pics we were promised!? :batlol:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby faustX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:26 pm

My Halloween's have traditionally been a cause for celebration, and because I have awesome friends its not uncommon to be surrounded by comic book characters and horror movie persons. This was two Halloweens ago:
Ok, paunchy Nightwing isnt my friend really, he is kind of a dildo. But the rest of them are awesome. Ive been spending my Halloween's in good company like this for the last 15 years or so. I recently moved though so I will probably grab a couple horror flicks and chill at home. Probably watch Pumpkinhead and one of the the first four Hellraisers.
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events