Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed May 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks! And aside from the rad costume and a powerset that lends itself to great art, Vertigo's awesome. Complicated, interesting, patriotic, conflicted, weirdly noble, witty, smart as hell, willing to play both sides in order to achieve goals that aren't easily definable by the hero/villain divide...He's a great character and definitely has never gotten enough play at DC. He could be a major villain for them in the fashion of a Doom or Ra's or Magneto.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Spoken fair! DC has so many underutilized villains that deserve a shot with a good writer. His run in Ostrander's Suicide Squad is where I remember him best. I did enjoy him as a Squaddie, that is where I have my custom standing in the collection. One thing is certain, he makes for a bitch'n tattoo!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

He does! It's based on a piece by Michel Fiffe (Copra)...

I've got a Vertigo custom myself, made by our very own Packerbacker! He's on my Squad shelf too, along with customs of Enchantress, Nightshade, and Duchess. I just got in one of those rad Tamashii Effect Impact pieces, and Vertigo's standing in the center of it to make it look like he's using his distortion powers.

And Ostrander's Suicide Squad is one of my all-time favorite comics. And it's composed entirely of cast-offs! That book brought so much texture and depth to so many obscure characters. It's even the comic that gave us Barbara Gordon as Oracle.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 am

Most Count Vertigo love ever!!!!!! lol.

well, folks.... Im back at my old stomping grounds, the ole MI, for motor city comic con. I will spending money at incredible rate im very excited.
Oh, I guess i get to see my family too. ;)
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 am

Hah! Well someone needs to champion all the characters that DC's spent the last few years devaluing. When the reboot happened, I outlined an Ultimate DC line for myself just to see if I could do it better than them (spoiler alert: yes). It's sort of become my own DC canon since. Hell, with a few tweaks, one of my character revamps became a new character that I wrote a first issue for. Still trying to find an artist for that (also, Caleb read and gave feedback on that issue - has he been here anytime lately?).

The con looks rad! I'm looking at the guest list right now, lot of guys I'd like to get autographs or sketches from - DON ROSA!!!, Mark Waid, Bill Sienkiewicz, Lee Weeks, Gerry Conway, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Kevin Maguire, JM DeMatteis, David Petersen, Derek Hunter (he does stuff for Adventure Time)...I really need to make it to a comic convention at some point.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Tue May 20, 2014 1:22 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Most Count Vertigo love ever!!!!!! lol.

well, folks.... Im back at my old stomping grounds, the ole MI, for motor city comic con. I will spending money at incredible rate im very excited.
Oh, I guess i get to see my family too. ;)

Bring back pics, only fair to share your fun. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I love to get a glimpse of everyone's Con haul. :hhgrin:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm

well, i am back in PHilly, my trip to MI was bitter sweet. (man i miss it there). But at the same time I did miss my Girl and our cats. I will hopefully share my haul in the next couple of days, as soon s i get everything settled. As far as pics from the con, sadly didnt take any. I will say this, though. Most of the celebrities looked old, and most of the cosplay chicks were very hot. So, pretty much the usual. And there was some creeps there as well (me included) ;)
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Webslinger » Sun May 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Hot cosplay chicks and no pictures?.... your slipping brotha LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon May 26, 2014 8:43 am

I know. I rarely take pictures, and the other 3 I go with to conventions rarely do as well. We are in such a "consumer" mode, we really dont pay attention, unless its something to laugh at. I love hot chicks, lol, I guess I just dont like them as much as buying action figures.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 am

If anyone would like to see, I put up pictures of my grabs from the con. They under "Grodds Grotto" in action figure collections. I figured one topic dedicated to me was self absorbed enough. ;) Anyways, they are up.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events