Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Packerbacker Customs A Fatal 4 Pack pg. 85

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Toons and Tatooines p 83

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am

Very awesome job on all of them. Kallus is especially spot on.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:01 pm

These look great! Fantastic work :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 03, 2022 6:42 am

Thanks, everyone
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon May 09, 2022 6:47 pm

Excellent work on these figures buddy!

Beware the Lamb Chops!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Packerbacker Customs Bane & Ben It pg. 84

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:27 am

Here's a couple I finished a little while ago but never got around to taking pictures until now. Two characters from opposite ends of the EU. First up is Darth Bane, creator of the Sith Rule of Two.

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."

The second custom is of Ben Skywalker, the only child to Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker. Because he's appeared mostly in novels, there aren't a ton of images of him, but I based his appearance off this image and addded some brown and repainted the boots to an Obi-wan Kenobi figure just so it didn't look like a Kenobi figure with just a new head.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Packerbacker Customs Of Bane & Ben p 84

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 pm

Great customs again PB, amazing how you made them. The head sculpt is just tremendous with the big jaw and even his left arm, it matches them pics you provided really well :) Darth Bane has always been a great Sith character. Ben looks really nice too, you did him excellently and I love the pic with your customs of his parents!

Now thanks to Disney, a lot of stuff like this is legends now :roll:

GREAT STUFF PB :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Thanks for checking them out. I'm on book for of Legacy of the Jedi ("Exile"). I don't have the team or focus to actually read novels anymore, but I've found listening to audiobooks while I paint to be a nice replacement. I skipped over the Yuuzhan Vong War because I think I've read enough on it in the past to jump past that series. I did the Darth Bane series already which was pretty good. It's fun kind of exploring something more unfamiliar.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:02 am

Your welcome PB. Oh Legacy was great and the Vong series was superb and yes moving to something your not familar with can be quite fun. Yep, stuff like that makes it better :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Packerbacker Customs Mara, Mara, on the wall p84

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:37 pm

I actually finished these a while ago was just too lazy to take pictures. Hasbro was nice enough to reveal a Black Series Mara Jade today amongst other reveals, so there's that. This is my second attempt at Mara Jade. Used the same legs and torso, but although the Black Widow head and ML arms weren't bad, the arms looked a bit too buff and the head just looked like Natasha and I couldn't unsee that. So I bought this 3D printed head from Scoundrels Stock and went with some MCU arms that looked more like a normal, fit female. I'm much happier with the results.

I also finished a Crix Madine from ROTJ. I don't know why but as I was telling Brandon in his Star Wars figure thread, for some reason as I kid I was always drawn to the Crix figure even though I didn't know his name, and just about everything about the figure color-wise was wrong. I mean, they gave him a grey outfit and grey hair, so it was like a completely different character. Luckily the ROTJ Lando figure is pretty cheap. The head was an enlarged head from a 3.75 version, it may be a little small but it's pretty close. I think he looks ok even though the face might be a bit small and youthful looking. Or maybe I'm over-critical.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:51 am

I was scrolling thru the board and saw that you updated your section PB. Thanks for mentioning Me PB, I really appreciate that :) IMO you are being a little too critical but that is ok, it shows you are paying attention and all that ;) I think My General Madine by Kenner is fine. The outfit maybe a different color, they just made him older looking. There was other figures that were questionable that Kenner made, don't forget about the Zuckuss & 4-Lom mishap.

OK, now on to your customs. I couldn't tell ya what your figure is based from, I never looked for the New Black Widow figure. I must say your Mara is quite decent looking. She is very old school looking yet matches a modernish look as well. Great face and it's cool she as a blaster & lightsaber! You did her great. Madine looks really good too. He does look quite screen accurate here with the different hair & outfit color. Yeah, I am fond of characters that only had seconds on screen too.

Great stuff PB. So who is next on your SW list :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs